Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Earth 'untouched' - is it because Merlin's Weapon is here?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is Earth 'untouched' - is it because Merlin's Weapon is here?

Know how the new leader of the Jaffa nation said how it's strange that Earth remains untouched despite so many other worlds being captured by the Ori fleet?

Perhaps the Ori and Adria know something we dont' about the location of Merlin's weapon? and they think we know it too?

Know how the new leader of the Jaffa nation said how it's strange that Earth remains untouched despite so many other worlds being captured by the Ori fleet?

Perhaps the Ori and Adria know something we dont' about the location of Merlin's weapon? and they think we know it too?
    Nah if this was so then they would have come to Earth first in order to destroy it or any possible use of it.

Comment

no cuz of the antartica drone platform. indicating that drone tech owns all even ori toilets.

it was mentioned in flesh and blood

plus if the sangraal was here all the more reason to come here
      A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
        no cuz of the antartica drone platform. indicating that drone tech owns all even ori toilets.

it was mentioned in flesh and blood

plus if the sangraal was here all the more reason to come here
        I agree.

Eventually though, they'll come here anyways. Especially if they learn that the Antarctica weapon isn't exactly active anymore.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

All we have have to do is hook up a bunch of Mk2 naquadah generators and take out Ori ships, so that isn't a problem.
          Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn
            All we have have to do is hook up a bunch of Mk2 naquadah generators and take out Ori ships, so that isn't a problem.
            Knowing our luck though, we'd run out of drones pretty fast. Then we'd really be screwed.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

No, because it is the Ancients homeworld and maybe they are preventing it.
              http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
              The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                Knowing our luck though, we'd run out of drones pretty fast. Then we'd really be screwed.
                And then it would say "To Be Continued..."

showing the earth split into rubble most likely.

Uber Hax does Stargate (YTMND)

Comment

Originally posted by DrMongol
                  And then it would say "To Be Continued..."

showing the earth split into rubble most likely.
                  Indeed! I sure hope to avoid that.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I doubt Merlin's Weapon is here. That would be pulling another "Lost City," where the place we've been all along is the place where it is! Isn't that ironic? No, they can't use that twice. As for why they haven't come after Earth, I doubt it's because of the Ancient weapons platform. Even if they do use the mark II's to fire it, there's no telling how many drones there are until it's powered up. And I doubt there'd be much left over after anihilating a fleet of 30 plus Goa'uld ships!

Instead, it's possible that the Ori believe Earth destroyed because of their plague, although given that they killed Garek for helping us, that seems unlikely. Another possiblity is that, like Daniel, they have plans for Earth as well, given that it's Avalon, the Ancient's first home in the Milky Way.
                    Spoiler:
                    Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

I also have to wonder whether a single Ori ship could convert Earth. In most cases the planets that have been converted have had thousands of inhabitants (maybe in a couple of place tens of thousands) - not billions. Once the rest of the fleet arrives I'm sure they'll be in a better position to tackle earth.

The only other planets that spring to mind that have really large populations are Jonas' world, the world from Space Race and the from the episode where SG1 was brainwashed and forced to work underground.

Comment

Becsause they are fraid of the squid weapons of course. Granted it took out a nice size chuck of Anuubis fleet. However it seem to destroy all ships on the same level So maybe 4 toliet bowl class ships wouldnt be enough to overwhelm the outpost. They probably would try it once the ori goet more ships in. After all the squid can only shoot out so much.

Comment

It's untouched because...it's in the script. You don't expect logic from this show any longer, do you? TPTB haven't felt as though they needed to logically explain what happens on SG1 for almost two years now. Don't you know you're supposed to take everything on faith and just accept what they tell you, like 'true fans'. It doesn't do to look too closely at the Emperor's clothes, you know.

Albion
                          Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Or maybe just because it is still on the other side of the galaxy and they haven't gotten to it yet. Sometimes the simplest answer is the best.
                            http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                            The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deadman
                              Or maybe just because it is still on the other side of the galaxy and they haven't gotten to it yet. Sometimes the simplest answer is the best.
                              I thought about that as well - but with Hyperspace that's really not a good reason. Sure, if it were truely the furthest away, and there were a bunch of worlds in between I could see them taking their sweet time. They did indirectly send a Prior once and of course they also set up the plague. Maybe they're just rhat arrogant (or maybe not, if Adria is semi-ascended maybe she is in communication with the Ori, who could be watching everything everywhere).

I still think it's a matter of 'man' power.

Comment

Working...
                              X