This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up with the Jaffa? Counterstrike spoilers

After watching Counterstrike, the Jaffa are seriously pissing me off.

What kind do these "backward" folk choose as their leaders? First Garrack, and now this new guy, thankfully he's already dead. What's with the huge agression towards the Tau'ri? Are they frustrated because they owe us? All hyped up with their recently acquired military strength?

Their unfound agression is seriously annoying me. Bunch of arrogant...
    Last edited by Madeleine; 26 August 2006, 08:26 AM.

Yeah and didn't they establish in the fourth horsemen that Bra'tec would rise as the new leader? I know the PTB want to put us at odds with the Jaffa with antagonistic leaders, but it makes it seem like Bra'tac isn't well favored among the jaffa since he keeps getting passed over.
    Last edited by Madeleine; 26 August 2006, 08:27 AM.

Perfecto!

Comment

Though his methods were wrong, psychotic genocidal etcc.. the Jaffa leader did have a point. Earth is safe thanks to the Ancient weapon in Antartica, but the Jaffa are being decimated by the Ori forces. Think about it this way if your country was being invaded by a hostile power and you had a nuclear bomb wouldn't you be tempted to use it. The Jaffa as a whole aren't becoming evil just scared. They've finally gotten their freedom and its being taken away. as for their anti-Tauri sentiments its a matter of perspective. The Way leaders like Garek and this other guy see it we only helped the Jaffa because we hated the Goauld, sort of like during the 80's when the US backed Iraq because of Iran. We had a common goal and a common enemy. Now all bets are off. They don't want the Tokra or the Tauri to become their new masters. they want to forge their own desstiny, build their own empire. They want the Jaffa to run their affairs without interference from outsiders. They want to be free. They haven't been free for very long so we should give them the oppurtunity to figure it out.
      Last edited by Madeleine; 26 August 2006, 08:27 AM.
      Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

I don't think it's difficult to believe that there are some 'bad' Jaffa who actually liked running around enslaving races and doing the Goauld's business. It also doesn't seem hard to believe that the unscrupulous ones would work there way into positions of power.

Comment

The Jaffa are kind of used to the idea of genocide considering how the Goa'uld wiped out planets all the time. Don't forget that the Jaffa are warriors and everything they know about war they learned from the Goa'uld.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
            The Jaffa are kind of used to the idea of genocide considering how the Goa'uld wiped out planets all the time. Don't forget that the Jaffa are warriors and everything they know about war they learned from the Goa'uld.
            That's actually a point I would like to see explored in the series. I want to see a Jaffa who actually acts like he is missing the power he had while being in a high position serving a Goa'uld.

And I did find Garak and the other guy to be believable characters. And I understand that the Jaffa might believe Bra'tak to be too human. Telling tem how great the Tao'ri are etc etc. If I wanted to stand on my own feet I might grow tired of hearing that speech no matter whether he's right.

It's like the rebellion against our parents- It's part of growing up.

Comment

Working...
            X