This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids say the funniest things

My 4 year old had looked at my desktop picture this morning and pointed out the stargate. I asked her who went through the gate to which she replied "SG-1". I asked her who was in SG-1 and she then replied Michael Jackson.

I wondered if anyone elses kids had pickup on/said anything funny about Stargate.
    sigpic

my 5 year old cousin was watching sga with me when he pointed to steve and said
    "he must really be old!" so i asked him why he thaught that when he said
    "because he has lots of really long grey hair!"
    sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

I was watching SG-1 and my 5 year old cousin came in, so I paused it and she said "No, it's ok! I watch this show all the time!" (She's never seen it, ever.)

Comment

lol i remember a year or so ago i was trying to explain what was going on in an sg-1 episode, to my younger sister, we ended up with terms like evil egyption alien dude, for the gou'ld and good egyption alien dude for tok'ra there were others i can't remember i just thought it was really funny at the time

Comment

I babysit for a Gatehead every other friday or so. The two kids watch SGA. the oldest (8) saw my T.V. giude, Summer Guide. And flipped through it. She found the page on SG and pointed out the wraith.
          Kid: hey I know these guys
          Me: really?
          Kid: yup my daddy watches um all the time
          Me: wow (of course I know this already)
          Kid: yup. They scare me
          Me: oh, well they don't scare me
          Kid: well you've never seen it so.....you wouldn't know
          I thought it was hilarious. Here I am talking about the Wraith with an 8 year old who thinks I know nothing about them I kinda chuckled when she said that. then replied
          Me: of course kiddo, I've never even seen them untill now
          Kid:*pats my back* it's ok, maybe some day you'll know as much about the Vampires as I do

Comment

Oh, my word, PJ! That's too funny. Reminds me of the time a couple of years ago when one of my cousins (she would've been about five years old at the time) was absolutely convinced there was no way, ever, I could know how to read because I didn't go to public school.
            [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

guys you have me in fits of laughter here!
              sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Syera
                Oh, my word, PJ! That's too funny. Reminds me of the time a couple of years ago when one of my cousins (she would've been about five years old at the time) was absolutely convinced there was no way, ever, I could know how to read because I didn't go to public school.
                hhahahahah Syera....i have a cousin like that.....I was reading at age three (go figure ) and my cousin who was about three years older couldn't read at all. Kinda sad really......but it's a family trait. My sister had a college reading level in grade 2....I had one in grade 3......

Comment

Wow..so smart

vampires...

Comment

A couple of months a go I was babysitting two kids (they're 6 and 8) and they were watching "The Rite of Passage" with me. When Nirrti appeared one of them asked me if that man was the bad guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle_Jumper_One
                      hhahahahah Syera....i have a cousin like that.....I was reading at age three (go figure ) and my cousin who was about three years older couldn't read at all. Kinda sad really......but it's a family trait. My sister had a college reading level in grade 2....I had one in grade 3......
                      Me and my siblings learned to read pretty early, too. I think it helped, though, that we had our mother to teach us how to read.

My eight year old brother didn't want to learn how to read a few years ago... now he's reading tech books.

Speaking of my brother and speaking of kids saying funny things... my brother has an extremely large vocabulary for a kid his age. I think the fact that he's been watching SG-1 since it started coming out on DVD has played a big role in that. (And then there's the fact that my mother has never been one to use baby talk or otherwise dumb down her speech when talking to us when we were little) It's rather funny... every now he'll say something, and it just occurs to me that he said something extremely unusual for a kid his age. I wish I could think of an example right off-hand... it's quite funny.
                      Last edited by Syera; 27 August 2006, 02:12 PM.
                      [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

lol, all these stories crack me up! Im afraid I dont have any kids say the funnies things but when my dad sat down to watch tv one day and i had sg1 on and explained to him what it was he said "oh yes, i used to watch this all the time before you were born". So i looked at the old man completely shocked and asked how he could have watched this over 18 years ago and he responded with: "its come along way since then, looks like they finally found earth. The cylons look different now" *points at a super soilder*. I just did the thing where you hit your face with your hand and didn't bother explaining to him that he was not watching battlestar galactica.
                        Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

my older brother made a comment today. I went to see him at the hospital and brought Season three over for him too watch.....He looked at me (wich I was wearing a happy grin) then to my boxset (wich was cradled in my arms.) and said......
                          "Mom get her out...I came here to be helped not tortured"
                          I felt a bit hurt....but he knows that I'll explain it to him in big words over and over and he won't get any of it...

Comment

OK, I have one but it isn't about Stargate....hope you don't mind too much. I was flipping through channels and Regis Philbin happened to be on the screen when my 5-year-old came in. She looked at the TV and said: "Is that a monkey?" Heehee. That was a couple of years ago, but it still cracks me up every time I see Regis.

Comment

I babysit, he loves toy guns. He picked up the phrase, "Oh Ya! Who's your Daddy!"
                              We Are Hathor!
                              Bow Before Your Goddess!

Comment

Working...
                              X