Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

end of series 10, will the ori die? poss spoilers.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

end of series 10, will the ori die? poss spoilers.

Hi

With all the cancellation news, will TPTB end the story early and wrap up all loose ends, or will they play it out the same way as they were going to before, (I am guessing the ORI have another few series yet).

I would hate to see them end the story early.

Although, in "200" at the end and the 10 years later bit, they said, "the movies back on"

did this refear to a joke, the movie that there has been rumors of by Devlin (name?) or the news of the SG1 movie? Could there be a load of SG1 movies in the future instead of the tv shows?

Damn it, I just dont want it to end! I hate the fact that just 500 houses in America dictate what shows are popular around the WORLD, it makes absoloutly no sense in this digital age.

Originally posted by wilhil
    Hi

With all the cancellation news, will TPTB end the story early and wrap up all loose ends, or will they play it out the same way as they were going to before, (I am guessing the ORI have another few series yet).

Although, in "200" at the end and the 10 years later bit, they said, "the movies back on"

did this refear to a joke, the movie that there has been rumors of by Devlin (name?) or the news of the SG1 movie? Could there be a load of SG1 movies in the future instead of the tv shows?

Damn it, I just dont want it to end! I hate the fact that just 500 houses in America dictate what shows are popular around the WORLD, it makes absoloutly no sense in this digital age.
    Couldn't agree more. MGM should really think about completely different way of distributing Stargate SG-1 season 11 - WORLDWIDE at the same time, and not for free of course.
    T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Hi

The whole "10 years later" in 200 refererred to the SG-1's 10th season. The actors of Wormhole X-treme spoke about their past what the real actors of SG1-1 wanted to say to the fans.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I know all that and enjoyed and loved it! (the episode was good right from the start when we saw the furlings at last!!!)

but, there was a refrence made by martin where he said "good news, the movies back on"

and as everyone was trying to get messages across, I assumed that was a hidden message to either (well not so much hidden), 1) a joke, 2) the movies by Devlin, or 3) they knew about SG1 will soon be stopped and they are starting SG1 movies

Comment

^Well we cant assume they look like that..We have never seen them before..So i dont think they look like that..They just gave them a look because the guy who was trying 2 make the movie..thought they would look like that..

Comment

Originally posted by AncientLegacy
            ^Well we cant assume they look like that..We have never seen them before..So i dont think they look like that..They just gave them a look because the guy who was trying 2 make the movie..thought they would look like that..
            Indeed. On top of that - there's no way the Furlings would be that useless if they were one of the original 4 super-power races. (Off topic, but always thought it a little odd we never saw any Nox and Asgard interaction)

Comment

I'm hoping that they just jump stations again like they did last time.
              http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
              The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deadman
                I'm hoping that they just jump stations again like they did last time.
                If MGM can get Scifi off of their anal "no, you can't air it anywhere" BS the heads are pulling out of nowhere. This is where my huge problem is with the business guys in the tv industry, they'll kill something just to fill their pockets on syndication. Everyone seems to forget that there is a significant art about filmmaking and television, and Scifi is basically just kicking that world in the face right now.

As of Season 10, SG-1 is still an unfinished story, and it's just insane to see it go out like this. If Scifi was so adamant of getting rid of it, they should've done it back in Season 8 when it would've made sense, not right in the middle of a brand new phase in the series' life.

I just hope to see MGM go fighting tooth and nail with the Scifi dopes, in legal cases or not, to keep SG-1 alive somehow.

Comment

I hope they find one really big loop hole in that contract. Maybe bring stargate back under the third spin off?

It's obvious that they knew in advance the show would be canned, yet they want to do another spin off.

I would not be surprised if that third spin off will be named Stargate Command or SG-1 part 2

What else could the name it?

Stargate NORAD
                  Stargate Alpha team?

Stargate-SGC
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

How about "Stargate Universe" ?
                    . . . .. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Enokrad
                      How about "Stargate Universe" ?
                      I like it!
                      Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten
                        If MGM can get Scifi off of their anal "no, you can't air it anywhere" BS the heads are pulling out of nowhere. This is where my huge problem is with the business guys in the tv industry, they'll kill something just to fill their pockets on syndication. Everyone seems to forget that there is a significant art about filmmaking and television, and Scifi is basically just kicking that world in the face right now.

As of Season 10, SG-1 is still an unfinished story, and it's just insane to see it go out like this. If Scifi was so adamant of getting rid of it, they should've done it back in Season 8 when it would've made sense, not right in the middle of a brand new phase in the series' life.

I just hope to see MGM go fighting tooth and nail with the Scifi dopes, in legal cases or not, to keep SG-1 alive somehow.
                        Oh they wont stop fighting. No matter what will hapen in the future I am left with the positive thought that no matter what season 10s final bow will be no less than spectacular!
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Well, I will rephrase what I said before, and add a bit! In this digital age, it is pure stupidity that 500 people in one country dictate what other people watch around the world, and not only that, since when was over 1 million people bad? (I know it was higher, but I dont have numbers) that is over 1,000,000... thats a lot!

There must be other ways of getting the story out, and I really am not to keen on Itunes, but any other sort of digital distribution would be good.

I have loved stargate since the first movie, I support change of cast, or anything needed to keep it going, but I would be extremly annoyed if they end the story early just because of a cancellation. I would love for them to change the name of the show and continue it on.

I like the way that SGA is not called SGA-1 or anything, it may mainly focus on one team, but more generally it features Atlantis. I would love for Stargate Command to start and continue the story line from where this ends that does to SG1 what Atlantis does for them.

Comment

Well, I will rephrase what I said before, and add a bit! In this digital age, it is pure stupidity that 500 people in one country dictate what other people watch around the world, and not only that, since when was over 1 million people bad? (I know it was higher, but I dont have numbers) that is over 1,000,000... thats a lot!

There must be other ways of getting the story out, and I really am not to keen on Itunes, but any other sort of digital distribution would be good.

I have loved stargate since the first movie, I support change of cast, or anything needed to keep it going, but I would be extremly annoyed if they end the story early just because of a cancellation. I would love for them to change the name of the show and continue it on.

I like the way that SGA is not called SGA-1 or anything, it may mainly focus on one team, but more generally it features Atlantis. I would love for Stargate Command to start and continue the story line from where this ends that does to SG1 what Atlantis does for them.
                            I've thought the same thing for many years. Why does 500 (or 1,000-2,000 or whatever) households decide what we watch? The number should be a good 40,000+ minumum from all over the country. (city, rural, suburbs, all evenly split as well.)
                            Hallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Where are you people getting the 5,000 number?

Comment

Working...
                              X