This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Read Everyone

now i know there has been dozens of threads on the cancellation of sg-1, but i want everyone to read this before deciding to do something stupid.

Cooper also emphasizes that, though emotions are running high among Stargate fans who have just learned the news, it is important to keep the show's ratings strong throughout the remainder of its run on SCI FI. "What's most important is that fans don't take out their frustration with SCI FI by not watching," he said. "In fact, what they need to do is watch both SG-1 and Atlantis LIVE and make sure the ratings stay strong.

"That helps prove to other outlets that might be interested in SG-1 that the show is still as strong as we think it is."

Could Stargate SG-1 find its way to yet another network in 2007? Or might the SG-1 team be headed for a TV movie, mini-series, direct-to-video feature ... or the big screen? Stay with GateWorld for the latest developments.

yes i know alot of us are upset and all, i am too, but dont punish the show. SG-1 will always live on, no matter what because of sites like gateworld and the people on it. i like you all. be an individual i say to all of you. wear t-shirts of sg-1, i am wearing one as i type this that says "SAVE SG-1" dont let people who say you are a loser and a nerd stop you. just say you are an individual thats all i have to say, i hope at least some people read this.
    In Memory of Stalingrad

May She Never Be Forgotten.

Originally posted by Ra's mom
    now i know there has been dozens of threads on the cancellation of sg-1, but i want everyone to read this before deciding to do something stupid.

Cooper also emphasizes that, though emotions are running high among Stargate fans who have just learned the news, it is important to keep the show's ratings strong throughout the remainder of its run on SCI FI. "What's most important is that fans don't take out their frustration with SCI FI by not watching," he said. "In fact, what they need to do is watch both SG-1 and Atlantis LIVE and make sure the ratings stay strong.

"That helps prove to other outlets that might be interested in SG-1 that the show is still as strong as we think it is."

Could Stargate SG-1 find its way to yet another network in 2007? Or might the SG-1 team be headed for a TV movie, mini-series, direct-to-video feature ... or the big screen? Stay with GateWorld for the latest developments.

yes i know alot of us are upset and all, i am too, but dont punish the show. SG-1 will always live on, no matter what because of sites like gateworld and the people on it. i like you all. be an individual i say to all of you. wear t-shirts of sg-1, i am wearing one as i type this that says "SAVE SG-1" dont let people who say you are a loser and a nerd stop you. just say you are an individual thats all i have to say, i hope at least some people read this.
    Great post agree 100%!Green!
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
      Great post agree 100%!Green!
      I also concur!
      School is overrated.

Comment

Ditto! green for you

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

Agreed. It's best for fans to continue watching SG-1 and Atlantis on Sci-Fi. In fact, what I'm doing is watching ONLY Stargate related shows. The overall belief I have is that if my ratings are going back to Sci-Fi through my DirecTV satellite, like I think they do, they're only going to realize that my box is only viewing Stargate related shows and nothing else. Not to mention if you're frustrated with Sci-Fi the best thing you can do is voice your disdain by writing them and informing them of their meatbag choice. Not to mention while writing the general rule of thumb is to be courteous as they won't want to hear a ranting, raving lunatic.

Also not to mention you can relieve frustration too by having cute little images of blowing up the Sci-Fi logo that WTFOwned made for me, it's in my sig.
          sigpic

Comment

I'll never stop watching Sci-Fi while SG-1 and SGA are on the air. Once that changes however, all bets are off.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by System Lord Anubis
              Agreed. It's best for fans to continue watching SG-1 and Atlantis on Sci-Fi. In fact, what I'm doing is watching ONLY Stargate related shows. The overall belief I have is that if my ratings are going back to Sci-Fi through my DirecTV satellite, like I think they do, they're only going to realize that my box is only viewing Stargate related shows and nothing else. Not to mention if you're frustrated with Sci-Fi the best thing you can do is voice your disdain by writing them not to mention to be courteous as they won't hear a ranting, raving lunatic.

Also not to mention you can relieve frustration too by having cute little images of blowing up the Sci-Fi logo that WTFOwned made for me, it's in my sig.
              Cool can I have one? We need to support Stargate and that is all I watch as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                Cool can I have one? We need to support Stargate and that is all I watch as well.
                If it's the Receiver, you want to come up to Ohio? I'm not exactly sure if it re-submits it to DTV or not, but I'm pretty sure my dad mentioned that it does.

If it's the smiley just go ahead and copy it into your sig, and thank WTFOwned for making it.
                sigpic

Comment

Indeed.
                  May the force be with you

Comment

Originally posted by Ra's mom

................................................................................ ................................................................................ ................................................................................ ................................................................................ .SEARCH FUNCTION........................................................................ ................................................................................ ................................................................................ ...................................................
                    REPEATING WHAT EVERY OTHER POST ON THE SUBJECT SAYS IS A PATHETIC ATTEMPT TO MAKE YOUR SELF LOOK COOL ON THE INTERNET AND 3 THINGS THAT DONT TRANSLATE TO THE INTERNET ARE SARCASIM, SEX, AND "COOL"NESS...................................................................... ................................................................................ ................................................................................ ......................
                    REQUESTING A LOCK,DELETE, or MERGER.......................................................................... ...................
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

dude mentonic, i just voiced my opinion, im not trying to look cool to you or anyone else, i mean, i never will and have met any of you. and by the way, sci fi doesnt suck, just cause its getting rid of SG-1 (SGA will still be there) doesnt mean all the people at sci-fi are all drunks who dont know what there doing. saying sci-fi sucks and cursing them out is not how they listen to people. they dont care what crazy people who curse them out and say they suck over and over have to say.

P.S. the fact that there have been dozens, and growing everyday, threads on this subject, shows people care alot.
                      In Memory of Stalingrad

May She Never Be Forgotten.

Comment

Ok guys come on lets be nice!

Comment

Interestingly enough, I found myself rather lethargic and blase about watching tonight's episode. Then again, it's the last Friday before school starts, and I'm always a touch blue when this time of the year rolls around.

However, once the episode picked up I kicked myself back into gear and watched every second and paced around my room like a madman during the commercials. I gave Counterstrike a nine (there were some plot elements I wasn't too fond of, mostly the blowing up Ha'tak's like they're so many pyro charges at a Def Leppard concert) and I gave Common Ground a ten (I think it was the best Atlantis episode of the season, thus far).

Comment

Short of Roswell reruns and Swarm (becasue MS was in it), the only time I tune into the channel is to watch SG-1 and SGA. I don't intend miss a single eposide while they last.

If Sci Fi had a clue they would not totally rely on ratings. Ratings are relative because for some reason they only count those actually watching during the showing. All they need to do is check out Gateworld and the Forum to learn that many fans tape* so we can watch the episodes at our leisure often at least twice.

(*hey - I work during the first showing, sometimes the second too)
                            Last edited by Mesenet; 25 August 2006, 08:41 PM.
                            A Symbiote

Comment

Working...
                            X