'Gate Femmeslash anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Gate Femmeslash anyone?

Well! What can I say for the first post in this thread... Hmm. Okay. I 'ship Weir/Novak and Weir/Cadman, among other pairings, and I find it very difficult to find anybody who shares my taste for the rarer femmeslash in the Atlantis fandom. I'm not really into Weir/Teyla as a possibility because I can't see them working... I read fic for them, but I have my favourites, as I've said.

Started this thread for a place to talk about all the random possibilities that I've been running across lately - Sam/Vala is getting more common and Vala/Elizabeth is one I saw a few days ago - plus the two rare 'ships I've already mentioned up above. Anybody feel like chatting?

Just to define spoiler policy for this thread, please cut anything season 2 or beyond.

Also, please refrain from outright bashing any pairings you don't appreciate. Talking about why you don't think something would work is fine, but saying "A/B sucks!" or similar isn't. I'm a multi-'shipper myself, including Weir/Sheppard, so.

Everything recced in this thread will be put up here for quick reference. I don't expect the thread to grow that quickly, obviously but I live on the internet anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem...

Recommended Fanfiction/Fanart
    Communities and/or Archives and/or Fanlistings
    SG_Femslash (LiveJournal community, gen/femme/multi fic & art)
    Sensuality (femmeslash fanfiction fanlisting)

Authors
    HollyShannensAngel

Stories
    Fell In Love With A Girl // Svendra (Teyla/Kate)
    A Little Something // Samara Draven (Elizabeth/Wraith Queen)
    Mesmerized // Kimberlite (Elizabeth/Wraith Queen - non-con)
    Hungry // Anubis Silvermoon (Teyla/Keeper)
    Why Not? // Havocthecat (Laura/Kate)
    Seeking Absolution for Unnoticed Aberrations // melbell (Laura/Elizabeth)
    Cassiopeia // Trialia (Teyla & Elizabeth gen, implied Teyla/Elizabeth)

** updated 29/09/06 **
    Last edited by Trialia; 29 September 2006, 09:50 AM.

Originally posted by Trialia
    Well! What can I say for the first post in this thread... Hmm. Okay. I 'ship Weir/Novak and Weir/Cadman, among other pairings, and I find it very difficult to find anybody who shares my taste for the rarer femmeslash in the Atlantis fandom. I'm not really into Weir/Teyla as a possibility because I can't see them working... I read fic for them, but I have my favourites, as I've said.

Started this thread for a place to talk about all the random possibilities that I've been running across lately - Sam/Vala is getting more common and Vala/Elizabeth is one I saw a few days ago - plus the two rare 'ships I've already mentioned up above. Anybody feel like chatting?

Just to define spoiler policy for this thread, please cut anything season 2 or beyond.

Edited to add: Also, please refrain from outright bashing any pairings you don't appreciate. Talking about why you don't think something would work is fine, but saying "A/B sucks!" or similar isn't. I'm a multi-'shipper myself, including Weir/Sheppard, so.
    I could imagine Sam/Vala. They're the two strongest female characters in Stargate, imo. Know if there's a lot of fic out there with them?

Comment

Go away.

Anyway, jokes aside, why Weir/Novak? Have they even met (on-screen)?! I prefer my Slash to be somewhat canon. I mean, whenever I see pairings such as McKay/Daniel, I go all "Heh? They've spoken, like, what, twice?"

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
        Anyway, jokes aside, why Weir/Novak? Have they even met (on-screen)?!
        Well, they'd almost certainly have met during Intruder, as they were living on the same somewhat cramped ship for more than two weeks. But why-- really because I feel that their personalities complement each other. I think Elizabeth would be good for Lindsey's self-confidence and Lindsey would give her someone with whom she could relax and not have to play leader all the time, because she's pretty quiet and shy.

That answer your question? I do have some funny choices in 'ship, I grant you.

Smushy-- yeah, there are some good Sam/Vala fics out there. I'm going to go to LJ and find you the links to some of my favourites, I hope that helps.
        Last edited by Trialia; 25 August 2006, 02:35 PM.

Comment

...Better still, try the sg_femslash community. They have some good stuff.

Comment

I started out with Sam/Janet, and moved onto Weir/Teyla.

But I prefer Heightmeyer/Teyla or Teyla/Cadman. Usually I read anything there is in the femmeslash fandom within the Atlantis realms. Which is not much I might add unless I haven't found the right place yet.

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
            Anyway, jokes aside, why Weir/Novak? Have they even met (on-screen)?!
            Season 2 - Critical Mass
            Spoiler:
            They meet in CM when Dr. Weir talks to Novak in connection to the so-called bomb in Atlantis.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
              Season 2 - Critical Mass
              Spoiler:
              They meet in CM when Dr. Weir talks to Novak in connection to the so-called bomb in Atlantis.
              Horus... you're right, of course. Heh, I need to watch Critical Mass again. I only saw it once and the details get blurry after awhile. Thank you for that.

ETA: I'm one of the I'll-read-anything people myself, though of course we all have favourites. I rec the comm I mentioned up above, if you're looking for new stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
                ETA: I'm one of the I'll-read-anything people myself, though of course we all have favourites. I rec the comm I mentioned up above, if you're looking for new stuff.
                Cool! Thanks!
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                  Cool! Thanks!
                  You're welcome. It's fairly new, but it's a good source.

Comment

I like both Vala/Weir and Weir/Novak. ^.^ I also think that Cadman/Heightmeyer would be interesting.

Visit the stargate_pad LJ community; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by ubiquitous
                      I like both Vala/Weir and Weir/Novak. ^.^ I also think that Cadman/Heightmeyer would be interesting.
                      That last hadn't occurred to me, though I'd brushed by Teyla/Heightmeyer before now (The Gift being the instigating episode of that one, of course). Ever read any fic for it?

Comment

Not that I recall, unfortunately. I've brushed by Teyla/Heightmeyer and Weir/Heightmeyer too, even a bit of Weir/Teyla/Heighmteyer.

Comment

Was that last one the one where one was watching the other two through the glass? I think I remember that one, if so.

Comment

There's that one, and the author has a couple of other ones too, I'm pretty sure. ^.^

Comment

Originally posted by ubiquitous
                              There's that one, and the author has a couple of other ones too, I'm pretty sure. ^.^
                              Got a link? I forget where I saw it.

Comment

Working...
                              X