PDA

View Full Version : Anime

Pages : [1] 2

angsty_otaku
May 1st, 2004, 10:38 AM
so...typically...sci-fi fans like anime and vice versa...any big anime fans in here (besides myself)? oh yeah...and manga too...good times...a good way to blow of money >.<
my faves include (not in any order):
cowboy bebop
azumanga daioh
.hack sign
.hack dusk
fruits basket
angelic layer
chobits
hikaru no go
digimon >.<
FF UNlimited
record of lodoss wars
vampire hunter D
love hina
grave of the fireflies
ah my goddess
gundam wing
gundam seed
card captor sakura
fushigi yugi
marmalade boy
maison ikkoku
neon genesis evangelion
the slayers
kenshin
urusei yatsura
...and a lot more...

Penance
May 1st, 2004, 12:08 PM
i enjoy it...

whats .hack//dusk?

angsty_otaku
May 2nd, 2004, 06:57 AM
.hack//dusk legend of the twilight's bracelet is not really a sequel to .hack//sign...but it does take place after it...

" Shugo and Rena are siblings who were separated when their parents recently divorced. Even though they don't live together anymore, Rena has the perfect solution: they can spend time together in the online game The World. Shugo and Rena are the winners of a prize campaign, receiving the character designs of the renowned players Kite and BlackRose. Like those heroes of legend, Shugo and Rena's true adventure in The World begins when they meet the mysterious girl, Aura. " from animeacademy.com summary by Madoka

it's a quality show...less episodes than .hack//sign and it feels a lot lighter, but underneath it there is a great serious story line...check it out... :)

Alexeil
May 3rd, 2004, 02:42 PM
I'm very into anime and manga as well. Always fun to see people with mutiple similiar interests. :D

Current favs include: Hellsing, Blade of the Immortal, Angel Sanctuary, Demon Ororon, X/1999, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, and Flame of Recca.

Izanami
May 3rd, 2004, 11:47 PM
haven't watched any anime for a long time lol, my personal favourite is still NGE though...

Hostile
May 4th, 2004, 12:55 AM
You gotta love Hellsing, of-course. It's the anime that reaches everyone. Also, Trigun, FLCL, Evangelion (WAAAAH MY HEAD JESUS MY HEAD), Ghost In The Shell and Naruto.

ok ok, and Dragonball Z. I confess.

QunStrudel
May 4th, 2004, 05:07 PM
I guess I fall into the Sci-Fi & Anime fan club, though I just started really getting into anime about a year ago. I'd have to say my favorite anime is Cowboy Bebop. I also like Trigun, Inuyasha, and Crest of the Stars (my choices are limited to what is shown on cable here in the US).

QunStrudel <><

DUDE
May 4th, 2004, 05:51 PM
i never liked anime. iv glanced at acouple .. and watched some pokemon .. if that ever counts..lol. i just never got into it id rather just sit aorund and watch stargate,familyguy,and futurma off my tivo (i love that thing). some of my friends have it and il just pick it up and speedread someof it but iv never become hooked. (sept for the pokemon thing.. i still hav elike 8000 cards.hehehe) o well .. i dont rely think is all vice versa becasue alot of the ppl i know who read anime hate most scifi. weird

latas

Penance
May 4th, 2004, 11:03 PM
read anime as in reading manga?

nugglebugget
May 20th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Both my sons are into alot of the shows on TV {they preferred Digimon over Pokemon,btw}.I admit I get a kick out of a lot of it.
My younger son[11] draws alot & he's got several books on drawing in this genre.He's pretty good ,too.

I do have a question,though.What is the difference between "anime" & "manga"? I'm thinking anime deals with the film medium & manga deals with what's on paper such as books & magazines.Am I correct?

petzke_42
May 20th, 2004, 02:40 PM
I'm very into anime and manga as well. Always fun to see people with mutiple similiar interests. :D

Current favs include: Hellsing, Blade of the Immortal, Angel Sanctuary, Demon Ororon, X/1999, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, and Flame of Recca.

That Vampire Hunter D is good watchin'.

angsty_otaku
May 21st, 2004, 04:22 AM
I do have a question,though.What is the difference between "anime" & "manga"? I'm thinking anime deals with the film medium & manga deals with what's on paper such as books & magazines.Am I correct?

you've got it

Jane
May 23rd, 2004, 10:30 AM
I love to draw manga and anime, i watched alot of anime but not anymore. One of my fav films is anime(Spirited Away). :)

nugglebugget
May 24th, 2004, 05:39 AM
I've got another question.What is it that defines "anime/manga" from other "cartoon" forms?What is it that makes it "anime/manga"?

Has anyone seen the new cartoon on the "cartoon network" called "Megas XLR"?I watch it with my sons & get a kick out of the way they poke at cartoon cliche's & other shows.Last night they had fun with across between "Power Rangers" & "Battle of the Planets".It's also gone after fight promoters portraying that character as a "big head" & tiny limbs.
Btw,David DeLuise[Pete Shanahan] does the voice of "Coop",the lead character.:)

Aphrodite
May 24th, 2004, 06:31 AM
Love Anime and Manga. I'm a cartoon freak!:D
Watched: Yu-gi-oh! Dragon Ball/GT, Bayblade, Sailor Moon, Neon Genesis, Street Fighter the Movie and the Series, AstroBoy, and for the classics Voltron: Defender of the Universe, Voltes5, He-Man, She-Ra, Thundercats, and oh so many more....just can't remember them right now. Gosh, goes to show my age...hehehe..:p

petzke_42
May 24th, 2004, 10:55 AM
I've got another question.What is it that defines "anime/manga" from other "cartoon" forms?What is it that makes it "anime/manga"?

Has anyone seen the new cartoon on the "cartoon network" called "Megas XLR"?I watch it with my sons & get a kick out of the way they poke at cartoon cliche's & other shows.Last night they had fun with across between "Power Rangers" & "Battle of the Planets".It's also gone after fight promoters portraying that character as a "big head" & tiny limbs.
Btw,David DeLuise[Pete Shanahan] does the voice of "Coop",the lead character.:)

Anime and Manga are two different things, however Anime/Manga is PROBABLY, anime based off of manga, such as......Fooly Cooly, I think that's based off of manga if I am remembering correctly.

I wanted to see XLR, but I can never seem to catch it when it's on. I read about it on animation insider (http://www.animationinsider.net) , and it seemed like it would be very entertaining.

angsty_otaku
May 24th, 2004, 12:39 PM
most anime is based off manga...there are only a few exceptions to that rule where manga is based off anime that is out there. i guess the real difference b/w anime and "cartoons" is that anime is made in the asian countries and have a certain look to them that other countries can't replicate...>.<

USS Thunderchild
May 24th, 2004, 12:44 PM
I remember watching Blue Marine No. 5 (I think that's the name) which was great, utilizing CGI and anime. I also used to watch the original Gundam a little, Princess Mononoke was great and the Animatrix. Other than those, it's not really my bag.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force anyone?

Phil

angsty_otaku
May 24th, 2004, 12:47 PM
blue submarine no. 5 :-) quality

KokiriChild
May 27th, 2004, 09:46 AM
Love Hina! Gravitation! Man I'm such a girl! (last was a statement, not an anime;))

iwannabeLexa
May 27th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Is Hamtaro Anime? Seriously, I don't know anything about this term, other than I see it related to a lot of sci-fi forums..but I am getting a great education from all of your posts! My family watches a lot of cartoons, but having a 4 yr old, we mostly watch Nickelodeon cartoons like Spongebob Squarepants and such.. but she does like to watch Hamtaro and I was wondering if that fell into this category.. we also love Speed Racer. I hope I didn't sound too naive in this post!

Ugly Pig
May 28th, 2004, 04:11 PM
It's very simple:
Anime = Japanese animation.
Manga = Japanese comics/"graphic novels".

nugglebugget
May 29th, 2004, 09:19 AM
It's very simple:
Anime = Japanese animation.
Manga = Japanese comics/"graphic novels".
I understand the difference between Anime & manga now.I basically was wondering about the difference betwen that particular art form as opposed to other artistic styles.I know the artform originated in Japan,but is there a set of "technical" guidelines as to,say,character depictions & representations{i.e,large eyes,tiny nose &mouth}?
I mean I've seen some cartoons with a lot of "oriental"names in the credits,yet, they didn't quite strike me as looking like the usual anime I've seen.Particular show names escape me at the moment{figures:rolleyes: }.
Or is it a simple matter of where it's produced?Sorry to be a pain,but I find this artform facinating.Thanks!:)

shinyredpants
May 29th, 2004, 10:09 AM
i'm such an anime fan its rediculous...i've been into anime for almost 10 years now. in fact i'm a japanese major as well. my interests in anime have dwindled and my interest for the past 6 years is in japanese music...

but i still love anime...here are my favorites:

Tonari no totoro (my neighbor totoro)
Bubblegum crisis (the new one, not the old one!)
Fruits Basket
Marmalade Boy
haibane renmei
lain
last exile
cowboy bebop
tenchi muyo
sen to chihiro no kamikakushii (spirited away)

i've seen like over 2000 titles..my ex boyfriend worked for AIC (they made tenchi muyo and el hazard)

i also loove manga..but i only read my manga in japanese so you may or may not know these titles:

hanazakari no kimitachi e
eroica

there's others but i could make this list three miles long...

KokiriChild
May 29th, 2004, 11:48 PM
sen to chihiro no kamikakushii is the best Miyazaki film so far I think! I have the Studio Ghibli box set and am slowley working my way through them!

angsty_otaku
May 30th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Is Hamtaro Anime? Seriously, I don't know anything about this term, other than I see it related to a lot of sci-fi forums..but I am getting a great education from all of your posts! My family watches a lot of cartoons, but having a 4 yr old, we mostly watch Nickelodeon cartoons like Spongebob Squarepants and such.. but she does like to watch Hamtaro and I was wondering if that fell into this category.. we also love Speed Racer. I hope I didn't sound too naive in this post!

yeah hamtaro is anime. just like our tv shows here in the us, there is anime for adults, inbetweeners, children, and toddlers. hamtaro is aimed towards toddlers/children.

you don't sound naive at all :-)

Ugly Pig
May 30th, 2004, 02:05 PM
I understand the difference between Anime & manga now.I basically was wondering about the difference betwen that particular art form as opposed to other artistic styles.I know the artform originated in Japan,but is there a set of "technical" guidelines as to,say,character depictions & representations{i.e,large eyes,tiny nose &mouth}?
While those kinds of character designs are very common, they are not 'requirements' for anime/manga. If it's Japanese and it's a comic, it's manga.

shinyredpants
May 30th, 2004, 04:47 PM
sen to chihiro no kamikakushii is the best Miyazaki film so far I think! I have the Studio Ghibli box set and am slowley working my way through them!
I love that one too. That and Totoro are my two favorites. When i was in Japan, i almost bought an 800 dollar 6 foot totoro...

i have no idea how i would have gotten that home though

KokiriChild
May 31st, 2004, 02:16 AM
I love that one too. That and Totoro are my two favorites. When i was in Japan, i almost bought an 800 dollar 6 foot totoro...

i have no idea how i would have gotten that home though
Oh My Flippin Heck! (If only I had $800)

shinyredpants
May 31st, 2004, 10:58 AM
Oh My Flippin Heck! (If only I had $800)
well..i had the money at the time...

just no way to get it back home heehee

though i'm glad i didnt get it, because i have no room for it at home either, and it would be a pain to carry around!

KokiriChild
May 31st, 2004, 02:58 PM
It'd've needed it's own aeroplane seat!

Damn my English... multiple contractions... not in a "giving birth" sorta way.

Vapor
November 9th, 2004, 12:00 PM
So, is anybody here into anime? If so, what are some of your favorite sci-fi anime series/films? Some of mine are...

Cowboy Bebop (a lot cooler than it might sound)
X
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
The Big O (another misleading title there...)
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Kikaider
Kikaider 01

Anybody else?

yaaayoubetcha
November 9th, 2004, 04:00 PM
I like Anime.....some really great stuff out there....

Cowboy Bebop as well...have only seen the first 1 though
Vampire Hunter D
Akira (Kinedaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!)
Ghost in the Shell
Robotech
Patlabor was kinda cool as far as mecha went......
A.D. Police

Invisible_Steph
November 10th, 2004, 05:01 AM
I like anime... mainly been exposed to stuff my boyfriend likes as he is really into anime, also one of my friends has gotten me into some great shows too.

So far i like:

Chobits
Azumanga Daioh
Spirited Away
Trigun
Love Hina
Excel Saga
Oh my godess
Sailor Moon
.Hack//Sign

They arent really sci-fi related anime but they are def good to watch!

Elwe Singollo
November 10th, 2004, 08:07 PM
I like anime... mainly been exposed to stuff my boyfriend likes as he is really into anime, also one of my friends has gotten me into some great shows too.

So far i like:

Chobits
Azumanga Daioh
Spirited Away
Trigun
Love Hina
Excel Saga
Oh my godess
Sailor Moon
.Hack//Sign

They arent really sci-fi related anime but they are def good to watch!Sailor Moon and .Hack//Sign i consider sci-fi :) Those are good ones, too bad they ended though, haha... I liked Dragonballz, but other than that, i don't like that much anime.

Gothann
November 11th, 2004, 02:09 AM
I really don't know why I lost a lot of interest in Anime, but I still do watch a few series...

Star Ocean EX, Gundam, Gundam Wing.

Katze
November 11th, 2004, 07:52 AM
I started with Sailor Moon. But I also like:

Hagane no Renkinjutsushi
Uchu no Stellvia
Kiddy Grade
Bleach
Mai-Hime

Vapor
November 13th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Sailor Moon ended after FIVE COMPLETE SERIES, so I'd say it was it's time.

Though I am annoyed that they didn't bother to air the final series on television. They say that it was because of the three new sailors introduced that actually disguised themselves as men in their human forms, and then became female when they transformed.

They already had done some damage to the shows that got onto the air. They made a male character a female (because this male, Zoicite, had a romance with another male, Malachite), they made two female lovers, Uranus and Neptune, into extremely loving *cousins* and... I forget the rest, but suffice it to say, they changed some stuff.

Ugly Pig
November 15th, 2004, 08:42 AM
I like some anime, but very little that's actually sci-fi. I've seen some that have some sci-fi aspects to them, that's all... Maybe I should watch more. :)

Fox'atuus
November 17th, 2004, 06:15 AM
I like some anime, but very little that's actually sci-fi. I've seen some that have some sci-fi aspects to them, that's all... Maybe I should watch more. :)
Yes, you need to check alot more out.

Anime Covers a wide range of genra's from western to Sci-fi. And thier's NO shortage of Sci-fi in anime.

a SHORT list of personal favorites (all in Original language, I avoid dubbing in general [with a few exceptions where they actually are doing direct translations, but usually it's a horrid hack up - ie Sailor moon])

Naruto
Gundam (all of em)
Kenshin
Shamen King (non Foxtv version)
Trigun
Macross
Bubble Gum Crisis
Ghost in the shell (film and tv series)
Inuyasha
Ranma 1/2
Tenchi Muyo
and so on, and so on.......

QueenKale
January 12th, 2005, 03:21 PM
A bit of a BUMP for a somewhat old topic....

I'm a fan of pretty much the more popular animes:
Dragonball Z (Hostile, it's nothing to be ashamed of, it's an anime classic)
Dragonball
InuYasha
Rurouni Kenshin
Gundam Wing
Witch Hunter Robin
Miyazaki Movies: Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away

Qtyled
January 12th, 2005, 09:40 PM
I don't watch much, but I really like Cowboy Bebop. It's good for people who havent seen much before. I have also seen some of Neon Genesis Evangellion and Trigun.

Ugly Pig
January 13th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Well, I don't watch a lot of anime, but I've seen enough to have a personal top-five:

1. GTO - Onizuka is simply the single coolest fictional character, ever. There's a lot to like about the anime in general, but sadly it pales in comparison to the manga series it was based on (plus it ends halfway through the story and tries to make up for it with a rushed tacked-on "ending" which is not from the original story and leaves a lot of plot threads left hanging). Aside from that, I love it. If I'd never read the manga I wouldn't really have an issue with the anime version at all, I think.

2. Figure 17 - I won't recommend this to everyone, simply because I know a lot of people will probably be bored out of their minds. Me, I love its leisurely pace and subtly progressing character development. Also, the action sequences, while never really the focus of the story, get pretty cool (and tense!) towards the end of the series. It's got great music, too.

3. Azumanga Daioh - Because it's hilarious. In an extremely weird way. But then, I'm kinda weird. Never really cared for the opening song, though.

4. Kare Kano (aka. His and Her Circumstances) - This would've made it higher up on my list, if the second half of the series had kept up the quality of the first half. It's got a great atmosphere, likeable characters and a storyline which keeps you watching. Oh... and great music. It's just so unbelievably frustrating that the second half of the series is not up to par. Not only is there an overall drop in quality, but - what the £¤%!! is up with the constant re-capping??!! A series only 26 episodes long does not need a clip show! And certainly not after only 13 freakin' episodes! And most certainly not a clip show that is comprised of 100% clips with no new material what so ever!! And especially when this goes on for not just one, but one episode and a half!!! And especially when there already is a lengthy, extremely excessive re-cap of the entire story thus far at the beginning of every stinkin' episode!!!! ...ahem... I did mention that I actually like this show somewhere in there, didn't I? :o

5. Grave of the Fireflies - This probably deserves to be on top of the list, but since it's a list of my personal favorites rather than a "all-time best" list, it will never get there for the simple reason that I can probably never watch the whole film through again. I've seen it twice (once before and once after I bought the DVD), and the feeling it left me with, both times, is not exactly something to be described as "pleasant". To put it mildly. But it is a great film.

Now... Why I am even typing this stuff up? Who's gonna care, ever? Answer: I'm bored. :D

gramaton_cleric
January 14th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Anime Kicks A$$ :D
Cowboy Bebop
Rouroni Kenshin
Wing Gundam Report ( Gundam Wing )
Berserk
Full Metal Panic
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Naruto
Yu Yu Hakusho
Initial D
Escaflowne
Trigun
Neon Genesis Evangeleon
Macross
Witch Hunter Robin
Gungrave
Gunsmith Cats
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost in the shell: Stand Alone Complex
Noir
Dragonball, Z, GT, all movies
Gunslinger Girls
Akira
Blue Sub No. 6
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
.hack//
Kaze no Yojimbo
Mezo Forte
Kite
Sailor Moon
Peace Maker
Hellsing
WeiB Kreuz
Steel Angel Kurumi
FLCL
Tenchi Muyo

And probably more that I can't remember right now :D

lord-anubis
January 15th, 2005, 02:25 PM
i watch anime

these are some of my fav

dragon ball z
cowboy bebop
inuyasha

yaaayoubetcha
February 11th, 2005, 03:05 PM
well i've been playing around with the on demand programming provided by comcast and today noticed they've added anime programming to the lineup.

the haven't got any of the mature stuff as yet like cutey honey or tale of the overfiend, but i'm currently watching some classic Battle of the Planets...

don't know if any other cable provider is doing this with their on demand services, but comcast users that like anime, check it out!

SHIN
April 3rd, 2005, 05:35 AM
Any anime fanZ?....talk here... :cool:

angsty_otaku
April 5th, 2005, 07:16 PM
i love anime...my favorite show as of now is fruits basket...i have a weak spot for shojo what can i say. but hikaru no go is pretty good too.

Wandering Tamer
April 5th, 2005, 10:14 PM
anime.... that's a nasty habit to be sure. but, i prefer manga

Flame of Recca
Hikaru no Go "Sai Saga"
DBZ
Kenshin
Shaman King
Majin Devil

Qasim
April 6th, 2005, 02:28 AM
anime.... that's a nasty habit to be sure. but, i prefer mangaWhats the difference?

hidden_envy
April 6th, 2005, 11:14 AM
i LOVE anime!!! my favs are DBZ ,Gundam wing and Escaflowne :D

Gregorius
April 6th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Whats the difference?

Anime is animated manga, mostly with parts of the manga left out. That's why manga's better.

Anime:
- Hellsing
- Tekkaman Blade
- Tekkaman Blade II
- Teknoman
- Gundam Seed
- Gundam Seed Destiny
- Guyver
- Generator Gawl
- Gundam Wing
- Dragon Drive
- Angelic Layer
- Neon Genesis Evangelion

That's what I have atm.

Ugly Pig
April 6th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Anime is animated manga,Actually, anime = (Japanese) animation while manga = (Japanese) comics. Not all anime is based on pre-existing manga.

mostly with parts of the manga left out. That's why manga's better.Yeah, I noticed this big-time with my all-time favorite, GTO. I liked the anime when I saw it, then I checked out the original manga and it was so much better. (I'm glad I watched the anime first though, that way I got to enjoy both versions where otherwise the anime would probably have been dissappointing.)

ToasterOnFire
April 6th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Finally, an anime thread! Thank you! *worships SHIN*

I LOVE anime in almost all forms, from the mecha of Eva to the high school relationships of KareKano to the insanity that is DigiCharat. The only ones I can't tolerate are the super-sugary cute ones and the "harem" ones (Tenchi, etc).

Let's see, I'm currently working on Full Metal Alchemist (excellent), Witch Hunter Robin, and the Read or Die TV series (also excellent).

Anyone seen Paranoia Agent? I'm debating whether or not to get it.

Also, anyone seen either Ghost in the Shell 2 or Steamboy? I heard both were quite nice visually, but lacking a tad in the story, especially Innocence.

Ugly Pig
April 6th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Finally, an anime thread! Thank you! *worships SHIN*There's been anime threads here before, you know... :p

I LOVE anime in almost all forms, from the mecha of Eva to the high school relationships of KareKano[...]
Ah, KareKano... Another one of my favorites. Too bad it started sucking before the end. And it still ended too soon... :(

ToasterOnFire
April 6th, 2005, 02:08 PM
There's been anime threads here before, you know... :p
Oops. :) That's what I get for not digging through the forum.

Ah, KareKano... Another one of my favorites. Too bad it started sucking before the end. And it still ended too soon... :(
It did seem like they ran out of money somewhere toward the end. Still, the characters-on-popsicle-sticks episode will always remain close to my heart... :D

Ugly Pig
April 6th, 2005, 02:55 PM
It did seem like they ran out of money somewhere toward the end. Still, the characters-on-popsicle-sticks episode will always remain close to my heart... :D
It would've been better if they'd actually, y'know, animated the episode. ;)

Easter Lily
April 7th, 2005, 02:05 AM
My favourite anime shows... hmm...

Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex
Detective Conan
Samurai Champloo

Anything by Studio Ghibli

Zekk
October 10th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Is there any other anime fans on GW....if there is then You can talk about them here and find other anime that you may not even know exists.
anyhay my favs are.
Dragon ball/z/gt
Naruto
Full metal Alchamist
Inuyasha
and anything else Anime:D

So talk Away:p :D :D :D :D

iLemon
October 10th, 2005, 07:35 AM
We dont get much anime here in the UK :S But they used to air Gundam Wing which I loved! :D It's a shame there's only one season for it, it was a great series :(
Other anime is DBZ but I grew out of that during rhe Buu saga, it got to repetetive and boring. And then they ruined it in DBGT when they turned Goku into a kid :S
Tenchi Muyo wasn't that bad, but it lack action.

Rowana
October 10th, 2005, 07:51 AM
Woot! I love anime!

My favorites so far are: Kenshin, FMA, Gun Smith Cats, Please Teacher, and Excel Saga(if only for the stupidity!:D). Oh, and who doesn't like Miyazaki(sp) movies? Nausica and Mononoke especially. Can't wait to see the new one!

Zekk
October 10th, 2005, 07:54 AM
I love Kenshin and gun smith cats, but the rest are new to me....Oh well Anime is anime :D

Zekk
October 10th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Back on page 1 :D

so cmon you got to have more anime holics then that GW :(

Lilith
October 10th, 2005, 06:15 PM
my favs are Inuyasha and Fruits Basket (aka Furuba, i'll yuse both interchangably....)

i have friend who acts exactly like Excel..... and what's with that dog??? why the hell does he look like a cat??

oh and i've heard a lot of hipe about Air, and i've seen some AMVs.... anyone seen any of the 12 epis??

and also once was a fan of DBZ, never got into the OG or GT.....
watched Kenshin for awhile.... seen YuYu Hakusho up til the end of the Dark Tornament (never actuaaly saw teh end of it though)
took a small intereest in One Piece, and as good as Naruto is, i'm not really that interested....

Zekk
October 10th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Ok....and the most confusing anime I have ever seen is : Serial Experiment lain :S
Oh and I LOVE 1 piece :D

TrustNo1
October 10th, 2005, 10:53 PM
I love Inuyasha and Ghost in the Shell and Bubblegum Crisis and Pokemon yes yes I'm a nerd :P and DBZ and Neon Genesis Evangelion and Cowboy Beebop and all those ones they've shown on cartoon network. I've seen a little of Bleach, it's ok :S.

Anime chicks are hot :P

Zekk
October 11th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Anime chicks are hot :P
:D

Lilith
October 11th, 2005, 07:11 AM
i had a small infactuation with digimon at one time... i liked the first season, S2 was ok, S3 sucked, and S4 had a good theme song...

a good classic is Sailor Moon, and i'm talking bout the unedited version with the hot, nude, female monsters, and Uranus and Neptune are a lesbian couple (and not cousins).... but i have to say, my all time favourite anime is Thunder Cats.... there's nothing better

Zekk
October 11th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Wow....
*Note to self* get unedited Sailor moon:D

Anyway....I also like Gundam all of them espeicilly 08th ms team;)

hidden_envy
October 11th, 2005, 10:17 AM
big anime fan here!! :D as MG said, we dont really get alot here in England :( but my favs are dragonball z, fav sage is probably frezia saga. DBGT is just not good, the animation is terrible and the plot is a bit odd. also i love gundam wing, i watched gundam wing endless walz a couple of years ago but i'm gonna try and buy it seeing how i dont think toonami is planing on showing it again :rolleyes: also i love escalflowne, its such a shame it was so short though! i've heard that there is a movie out using the same characters but a different plot so i'm gonna try to look into that...

Lilith
October 11th, 2005, 12:37 PM
the only Gundam series i liked were G Gundam, which doesn't follow the other series, and Gundam Seed, which is supposedly an alternate universe to Gundam Wing.... my friend is a huge Wing fan... she knows all the True names of all the piolets, including that one that is like the most sought name in anime history, Trowa's i think, or it could be Duo or Maxa.... i don't remember, but i'll ask....

Rowana
October 11th, 2005, 12:51 PM
i had a small infactuation with digimon at one time... i liked the first season, S2 was ok, S3 sucked, and S4 had a good theme song...

I did too. Loved the first season, but went down hill after that. Never got to see the fourth anyway. Izzy is my favorite character...I love the nerdiness!:D

Zekk
October 11th, 2005, 01:04 PM
I love Avatar :D And I like 08th ms team for other resons ;)

Lilith
October 11th, 2005, 01:56 PM
I did too. Loved the first season, but went down hill after that. Never got to see the fourth anyway. Izzy is my favorite character...I love the nerdiness!:D
Kari was my favourite for the short time she was there.... i just loved gatomon... TK and Angamon were cool too....

Zekk
October 11th, 2005, 03:23 PM
I like Kari....especily in s3 :D

Lilith
October 11th, 2005, 04:15 PM
she wasn't in S3.... S1 is from the beginning til they return to the human world for good... S2 is when Kari and TK are in Middle school and they have the digi-eggs and Gatomon digivolves to Nefertimon and Patomon digivolves into Pegasesmon.... S3 is when they have all those new kids and digivolving is called digivolution and they have to slide those blue card through their digivises.... and S4 is when those 5 kids are in the digiworld and actually turn into digimon.... they each have certain element and Human digimon form and Beast digimon form..... i've seen all 4 seasons.... the first season was really long and that kinda through me off, especially the airing sched for the new episodes... but as long as TK and Kari were little kids and Matt, Sora, Izzy, Mimi, Tai, and who am i missing? anyways... any episode with the original 8 digi-destined is all the first season....

TrustNo1
October 11th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Digimon was ok. I didn't like it at first because I was a loyal Pokemon fan, then I started watching it and I liked it. I loved Card Captors. Sailor Moon didn't really hook me, but it is fun to do a google image search with safe search off for Sailor Moon, and Final Fantasy, and Bleach, and Bible Black, and I will stop now so you don't think I'm weird or something...

Lilith
October 11th, 2005, 04:43 PM
card captors was cool... i love the clow cards.... as for sailor moon, if you've only seen the edited version, then you really haven't seen anything... SM is so erotic and gory, that half of the episodes couldn't even been aired in America cause of censoring, hell they weren't even translated... no my friend, if you want to see the true SM, you have to watch it in the original Japanese.... i think there are even a few hentai scenes.... oh, and i look almost exactly like Saturn, except i'm fatter and darker....

Zekk
October 11th, 2005, 04:43 PM
she wasn't in S3.... S1 is from the beginning til they return to the human world for good... S2 is when Kari and TK are in Middle school and they have the digi-eggs and Gatomon digivolves to Nefertimon and Patomon digivolves into Pegasesmon.... S3 is when they have all those new kids and digivolving is called digivolution and they have to slide those blue card through their digivises.... and S4 is when those 5 kids are in the digiworld and actually turn into digimon.... they each have certain element and Human digimon form and Beast digimon form..... i've seen all 4 seasons.... the first season was really long and that kinda through me off, especially the airing sched for the new episodes... but as long as TK and Kari were little kids and Matt, Sora, Izzy, Mimi, Tai, and who am i missing? anyways... any episode with the original 8 digi-destined is all the first season....

Ok....its been awhile since I seen the show....but you get the idea;)

Digimon was ok. I didn't like it at first because I was a loyal Pokemon fan, then I started watching it and I liked it. I loved Card Captors. Sailor Moon didn't really hook me, but it is fun to do a google image search with safe search off for Sailor Moon, and Final Fantasy, and Bleach, and Bible Black, and I will stop now so you don't think I'm weird or something...

Dude Im 80% weird and proud of it:D

Lilith
October 11th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Dude Im 80% weird and proud of it:D
i'm 100% weirdo, freak, geek, and sadist bitc4, and i am damn well proud of it! just don't piss me off.... one of my favourite passtimes is researching torture methods

Zekk
October 11th, 2005, 05:02 PM
I ment this:http://www.blogthings.com/howweirdareyouquiz/
There is also one that said im 80% girl....theres somthin wrong with that one...Im a guy and I have a......To prove it :D :p

Rowana
October 11th, 2005, 05:44 PM
but as long as TK and Kari were little kids and Matt, Sora, Izzy, Mimi, Tai, and who am i missing?

You forgot Joe, but that's a good sum up of the series.

I remember Card Captors too...I liked it, what little I got to see.

Lilith
October 11th, 2005, 05:52 PM
There is also one that said im 80% girl....theres somthin wrong with that one...Im a guy and I have a......To prove it :D :p
so... every single gender test i've taken says i'm a guy.... but i am a girl, here's a pic to prove it:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y214/Ayankha/me.jpg

my blood test at the hospital even come back with "Male" under gender.... i have a weird chemical imbalance of too much testosterone.....

Lilith
October 11th, 2005, 05:56 PM
i just took your little blog quiz and got
You Are 60% Weird

http://images.blogthings.com/howweirdareyouquiz/weird-4.jpg

You're so weird, you think you're *totally* normal. Right?
But you wig out even the biggest of circus freaks!

which is bull, cause i have never in my life thought i was normal.... and what kind of questions were those anyways...

Zekk
October 11th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Stupid 1s....You know I thought bein 80% girl would count for somthin????

Anyhay....I also Love Yugioh and duel masters :D

Lilith
October 11th, 2005, 06:07 PM
YuGiOh is starting to get redundant and predictable, and even though you can tell dual masters is older than YuGiOh by the technicolor quality, i find it them too similar.....YuGiOh, like DBZ, has been Americanized and has lost all the original appeal it had when it was first produced in Japan... as a matter of fact, Japanese animators don't consider YuGiOh, DBZ, and even Pokemon, as Anime, but rather American kiddie cartoons now-a-days

Zekk
October 11th, 2005, 06:10 PM
I know and i plan on waching the Jap versions (eventually :()

Rowana
October 11th, 2005, 06:18 PM
YuGiOh is starting to get redundant and predictable, and even though you can tell dual masters is older than YuGiOh by the technicolor quality, i find it them too similar.....YuGiOh, like DBZ, has been Americanized and has lost all the original appeal it had when it was first produced in Japan... as a matter of fact, Japanese animators don't consider YuGiOh, DBZ, and even Pokemon, as Anime, but rather American kiddie cartoons now-a-days

I have too agree, I actually enjoyed earlier seasons of YuGiOh and Pokemon, but they just fell off after awhile. Reminds me of Power Rangers(not anime and terrible show in my opinion!), how many Rangers shows do we really need?!

Lilith
October 11th, 2005, 06:34 PM
i dunno, but Tommy Oliver was one hott Ranger, even if he did like the tights too much, i mean seriously, how many ranger powers can one guy take? first he's evil and green, then he's good and green, and he's good and white (loved his talking sword, Sabba, btw), then he's good and red (Zeo), then he's good and Red (Turbo), and he make's an encore presentation as good and red (Zeo) at the ten season anniverasary epi... and then he come's back one more time as a Dr. of paleantology and the Black Dino-Thunder Ranger.... Tommy must really like those tights.... i believe teh current season, S.P.D., is S13 **calculates different typre of ranger since 10yr. annaversary and now** yea, S13.... (yes, i know, i'm a huge PR geek.... that never ceeses to amaze me).... speaking of which, about 12 yrs ago, there was an anime on CN that came really late, like 0100, that was an anime version of PR, i can't for the life over me remember what it was called.... i was like 5 when it came on

contact2918
October 11th, 2005, 07:29 PM
My wife is a lot more into anime than I am. She'll go up to the anime festivals at Univ of Michigan every once in a while with her old college roommate. I like Cowboy Bebop, Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Digimon (seasons 1-3, never got to see season 4). I thought Lupin The Third and Case Closed looked good but only got to see a few episodes. For Anime movies, the first Ghost in the Shell movie was really good. Didn't care much for the second one but I can't quite put my finger on why. I really liked Metropolis. Just rented Steamboy the other day. That one was excellent. There was another movies I saw a long time ago that I really liked too. I think the title was Castle In The Sky or something like that. It's been a while so I can't remember exactly.

Rowana
October 12th, 2005, 08:16 AM
There was another movies I saw a long time ago that I really liked too. I think the title was Castle In The Sky or something like that. It's been a while so I can't remember exactly.

Yup. Castle in the Sky is the one. I love it!:D Another great movie by Miyazaki. He's really good, I recommend seeing all of his movies. Even non anime lovers really like them.

ToasterOnFire
October 12th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Yay for anime! I'll watch almost any series, save for the ones that are excessively campy or sugar-cute.

I'm currently watching Niea Under Seven, and the Ghost in the Shell TV series with Samurai Champloo and PlanetES on deck.

Zekk
October 12th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Heres a list of all the Anime/Cartoons Im watching:D :D :D
1. DBZ(Uncut)
2. Naruto :D
3. Yugioh GX
4. Inuyasha
5. Fullmetal Alchamist
6. Duel Masters
7. Battle B-Daman
8. One Piece
9. The Batman
10.Xiaolin Showdown
11.Transformers Cybertron
12.Avatar The last air bender
13.S-CRY-Ed
14.Sonic X
15.TNMNT:D
16.Teen Titens
17.Justice Leage Unlimeted
18.Danny Phantom
19.The last season of Yugioh(What the WB said:( :( :( :(
20.Waiting for new EPs of beyblade(If there are any:( )
I dont watch all of them at once :p
I also watch Anime Unleashed on G4 :D:D:D:D:D

Lilith
October 12th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Heres a list of all the Anime/Cartoons Im watching:D :D :D
1. DBZ(Uncut)
2. Naruto :D
3. Yugioh GX
4. Inuyasha
5. Fullmetal Alchamist
6. Duel Masters
7. Battle B-Daman
8. One Piece
11.Transformers Cybertron
19.The last season of Yugioh(What the WB said:( :( :( :(
20.Waiting for new EPs of beyblade(If there are any:( )
not a bad selection of anime....

9. The Batman
16.Teen Titens
17.Justice Leage Unlimeted
DC Comics Rocks!!!!

10.Xiaolin Showdown
12.Avatar The last air bender
13.S-CRY-Ed
14.Sonic X
15.TNMNT:D
18.Danny Phantom
kinda childish, don't ya think?

Zekk
October 12th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Childish yes But I still like them :D...Except S-CRY-Ed Its on adult swim ;)

Lilith
October 12th, 2005, 03:44 PM
oh... i wouldn't know, haven't watched tv in a month....

Zekk
October 12th, 2005, 03:48 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Lilith
October 12th, 2005, 04:10 PM
i've been too buzy posting here :D

i mean, sure i've taken breaks for stargate, but that's about it....

P-90_177
October 19th, 2005, 01:12 AM
Hey does no one hear like Gundam Wing. In my opinion it is by far the best Anime of all the ones you've mentioned although DBZ is pretty good too, especially the Freiza sagas.

Zekk
October 19th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Ive only seen the movie, until I watch the whole show seed is my fav gundam, The Freedom to be more specific :D

hidden_envy
October 19th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Hey does no one hear like Gundam Wing. In my opinion it is by far the best Anime of all the ones you've mentioned although DBZ is pretty good too, especially the Freiza sagas.

gundam wing rocks!!! i have always found it so different from other animes. its been one of my fav animes for years...

iLemon
October 19th, 2005, 07:51 AM
YAY!! Gundam Wing fans! :D I love that anime, I was obsessed with it for years! Still am, they should really have made a second season :(
I read somewhere that the reason they didn't carry on making it was because it attracted more female fans than male :mad: Sexist $&#163;%#&#163;$%!! :(

iLemon
October 19th, 2005, 07:53 AM
I like the freiza sagas too, they had to be the best, I grew out of it during the Buu saga cause it got too repetetive :S And I completely lost interest during DBGT, what was with KID Goku?! That put me off the show for good :S

ToasterOnFire
October 19th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Hey all, I'm looking around for some new anime and I wonder if anyone has seen and can recommend or caution against the following titles:

"PlanetES" (or is it Planetes?)
"Mars Daybreak"
"Kurau: Phantom Memory"
"Gantz"
"Peacemaker"
"Gunslinger Girls"

:)

Lilith
October 19th, 2005, 04:34 PM
never heard of any of them....

anyone here like Furuba? i've read vol. 1-5 and seen the entire 1st season... and i don't mind spoilers ;)

Hibiki Tokai
October 23rd, 2005, 11:59 AM
I love anime, some of my favorites:

Top 3:
Digimon
Yu-Gi-Oh (the original japanese version)
Vandread

Others:
Cardcaptor Sakura (the original japanese version)
Monster Rancher
Wolf's Rain
Witch Hunter Robin
Vision of Escaflowne
Sailor Moon (the original japanese version)
Pretear
Inu Yasha
Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Candidate for Goddess
Azumanga Daioh
.hack//SIGN
.hack//Legend Of The Twilight
Zoids/ZERO
Zoids
Slayers
Yu Yu Hakusho
Petite Princess Yucie
Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star
Elfen Lied
Tokyo Mew Mew
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Magic Knight Rayearth
Love Hina
Blue Submarine No.6
Ah! My Goddess
Pokemon

Lilith
October 23rd, 2005, 01:27 PM
me and my friends live in a Tenchi In Tokyo universe... seriously! our Tenchi (formally known as Sage, a.k.a. Alex) moved away, and now we crazy, psycho girls are doin the crazy jealous thing.... luckily, he hasn't found another girl where he is now, or all hell will break loose....

Rowana
October 23rd, 2005, 02:30 PM
Our Anime club is doing a Halloween thing this Friday and we're all dressing up as characters from different shows. I'm going as Integra and a friend of mine is going as Alucard (from Hellsing). It's gonna be great!:D Anyone else dressing up as something cool this weekend?

Lilith
October 23rd, 2005, 03:25 PM
i never have enough money to buy a costume (or make one for that matter....) so i always just wear my witch hat and walk around every year... my friend's getting me a dagger, so i'll be scaring people and taking the candy they drop plus whatever candy i get by myself... now if only i had a tight leather outfit and whip....:rolleyes:

Rowana
October 24th, 2005, 08:21 AM
i never have enough money to buy a costume (or make one for that matter....) so i always just wear my witch hat and walk around every year... my friend's getting me a dagger, so i'll be scaring people and taking the candy they drop plus whatever candy i get by myself... now if only i had a tight leather outfit and whip....:rolleyes:

Don't worry...we don't have money either. We just went to Good Will and bought some cheep second-hand stuff. Needless to it won't be the most accurate costume. Speaking of whips, my other friend just got one.:) We're not quite sure what he wanted if for, so we're a little nerveous...lol! I wish I had a leather outfit too!

Lilith
October 24th, 2005, 03:29 PM
yea... my friend Jacob got a whip for the sole purpose that he could... he was playing around with it one day, flicking out candle flames and whatnot, and misjudged when to flick his wrist and hit himself.... luckily he has tough skin.... he only bruised himself :p

contact2918
October 25th, 2005, 04:09 PM
I don't know who the artist of this is. It was emailed to me a long time ago. I thought you guys might appreciate it. Anime SG1! :D

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4484/stargateanime5vt.jpg

Curlyro
October 25th, 2005, 11:07 PM
Yeah, yes! This is my kinda thread! ^_~

My Favorite Animes:
-Azumanga Daioh
-Naruto ^_^
-Ah! My Goddess!
-Angelic Layer
-Pokemon
-Cowboy Bebop
-Negima
-Saikano
-Dragonball Z
-Kamikazi Kaitou Jeanne
-Chobits
-Card Captor Sakura
-Love Hina
-Slayers
-Trigun
-Fushigi Yuugi
-Teen Titans (Ok, not a real anime, but awesome anyways)

Things I really need to see:
-EVA (I know... I know... I've just never gotten around to it)
-Sailor Moon (Japanese)
-FMA
-Toyko Mew Mew
-RayXephon (Need to Finish)
-Ranma 1/2 (Again, need to finish)
-Lain
-Kare Kano (need to finish)

That's it far as anime. Anyone attend anime conventions? Acen? :3 'nother question. Anyone else into Jrock/Jpop? I love:

-Dir en Grey
-L'Arc~en~Ciel
-Ayumi Hamasaki
-Gackt
-Morning Musume
-TM Revolution
-Kishidan! ^_^

Exiled Master
December 28th, 2005, 02:27 PM
THREAD RESURRECTION-I haven't seen any recent anime threads, so I'll just try to bring back this one.
I just got volume one of Fullmetal Alchemist and I CANNOT STOP READING IT!! It's scary. I do the same thing with Neon Genesis Evangelion whenever I'm in the school library. Reading volume three of that stuff is totally weird;) . Anyways, I really like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. I used to like DBZ but now I've picked up on something that really creeped me out (its about Nappa). I also finally noticed that while the fights are good, the plot is unbearable because they recycle so much, and not in a beneficial way, either. Mobile Fighter G Gundam is great, but I'm still waiting for another series along that timeline. Gundam Wing was good but it was hard to follow because of all the politics and the fact that the five Gundam pilots didn't seem to have other lives or interests in them. (But a Gundam would own an EVA:p ) Right now I'm exploring stuff through my school's anime club. (We've been watching Dual and DNangel)

TrustNo1
December 28th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Did you know that Richard Cox, who plays Nyan on SG-1 and Cr. Gaul on Atlantis, does the voice of Inuyasha? It's so cool to hear Inuyasha on Atlantis because it changes the character completely.

Exiled Master
January 10th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Did you know that Richard Cox, who plays Nyan on SG-1 and Cr. Gaul on Atlantis, does the voice of Inuyasha? It's so cool to hear Inuyasha on Atlantis because it changes the character completely.
Wow, I would have never noticed that. I need more anime and manga in my life.:rolleyes:

Exiled Master
March 7th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Reason (http://exterminatusnow.comicgenesis.com/d/20060217.html) why DBZ is good in fight scenes, but bad everywhere else. I don't think I need anything more.

Seastallion
May 19th, 2006, 05:54 AM
I like Dragonball Z, but Naruto is my favorite. :)

rarocks24
May 19th, 2006, 07:46 AM
I like Gundam Wing, Blue Sub 6, Tenchi series, but I haven't watched any Japanese anime since well, eighth grade.

ToasterOnFire
May 19th, 2006, 09:04 AM
If you have not yet seen Eureka 7, WATCH IT NOW! It was animated by the same studio that did FMA and Scrapped Princess, so the animation is top notch. It has the basic plot of young boy meets all-powerful mecha (that...surfs on air), but there's also a cast of interesting characters, great music, and yet another slowly unraveling, mysterious/evil military plotline that makes it an excellent anime. Haven't finished it though - only on ep 33 - so I don't know if the ending will be as strong as the rest of the series.

It's currently airing on adult swim on Cartoon Network, I think on Saturday nights.

Dark Falcon
June 1st, 2006, 04:44 PM
I'm an anime fan as well. If a good anime is on TV, I'm
definitely going to watch it! Some of the anime
that is listed is anime I have not seen but I might
check it out in the future.

***ANIME***

Airbats 801 TTS
Blue Gender :jack_new_anime25:
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 :cameron: :D
Cowboy Bebop
Divergence Eve
Fullmetal Alchemist
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Outlaw Star
Tenchi Muyo (OAV)

thorshammer
July 27th, 2006, 06:52 AM
I like anime too but not as much as some people here. The anime I've watched and liked are Naruto, Bleach, DBZ, G Gundam, Full Metal Alchemist, Samurai X, Yu Yu Hakucho. I alse read the Naruto and Bleach manga. :cool:

PG15
July 27th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Hey guys, I got a question. I'm not exactly an anime fan, but there's this show that I watched when I was younger that's, well, a damn good childhood memory. The problem is I don't know its English name.

Anyway, the story is about this young guy who creates a Gundam-suit-type thing out of clay, and some magic people turns it into a real Gundam-suit-type robot for a mission that the young guy is sent on.

The mission is this: there's a 7-levelled mountain nearby that's surrounded by a rainbow and it has been corrupted by evil dudes, and the young man's mission is to, obviously, defeat the evil dudes. Now, the main evil villain controls 6 evil henchmen who then control the lower 6 levels of the mountain, with the main evil dude controlling the 7th.

Each episode basically has our young hero, aided by a flamboyant girl and a gruff country man with a big chin, walking into a certain village on the mountain that's being terrorized by the henchmen of the leader of that level of the moutain. In order to defeat the henchmen, the young guy must summon his gundam-type robot with his sword, and save the day.

The chinese title translated into english word-for-word roughly says "Magic Dragon Fighter" or some such.

So...anybody know what I'm talking about?

reanimator
October 4th, 2008, 02:56 PM
When i finnished watching all my favourite sci-fi shows, i needed to find a new genre. I found sci-fi anime. Its not fairytales for children or stupid series for little girls as i thought. Although it was dificult to find the right animes for myself. Thats when i realized i could build a website for people like me, trying to find the right sci-fi anime. So far there are 10 series which i strongly recommend, can anyone suggest another series?

http://scifi-anime.xf.cz (http://scifi-anime.xf.cz/en_scifi_anime.html)

lommit
October 5th, 2008, 09:29 AM
wow thanks!!! im a huge anime fan and a sci fi fan. so thanks.
Macross Frontier seems to be awsome anime. wanna see it. i heard from a guy know that gundam series are very complicated.

mr_kennedy
October 5th, 2008, 04:28 PM
im more of a action anime kinda guy, although i did briefly like cowboy beboop

lommit
October 5th, 2008, 11:32 PM
cowboy bepop is a insane awsome show! just great charaters and storys.
for every anime fan they should see cowboy bepop

rlr149
October 6th, 2008, 09:16 AM
fist of the north star, though its more post apocalypse than sci fi;)

October 7th, 2008, 02:02 AM
i'm not massively into anime and i tend to watch anime movies rather than series, but my favourites are karas and appleseed, also a live action anime style movies casshern

MmmmMcKAy
October 11th, 2008, 04:23 AM
I'm seriously considering buying the Cowboy Bebop series on dvd. It's not that expensive and I've heard good things about it. And since I've become obsessed with Avatar the Last Airbender(one of my favorite shows ever...I can't say enough good things about it:):)), I'm more open to watching a show that's animated.

Bee11
October 11th, 2008, 07:34 AM
neon genesis evangelion is good

appleseed is good
and someone mentioned casshern which i love

but what i am in love with is Elfin Lied

tombombadil
October 11th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Ghost in the Shell is pretty good.

Sci-Fi
October 12th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Bounen no Xamdou aka Xam'd: Lost Memories is a good recent one. Only available through PS3 and offered in SD and HD d/l versions, the U.S. is getting it before Japan.

ToasterOnFire
October 12th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Hmmm....SF anime recommendations?

Akira
Ghost in the Shell (movies and series)
Eureka 7
Metropolis
Cowboy Bebop
Now and Then, Here and There
Serial Experiments Lain
Noein
Code Geass (the second season got pretty bad though)

reanimator
October 12th, 2008, 09:56 AM
well im glad to see that the discussion is going pretty well.

What about Planetes? im now watching this anime, and it seems to be pretty good. After a while series without any special powers or gigantic robots:) seems pretty realistic to me.

tombombadil
October 12th, 2008, 10:58 AM
outlaw star
Heat guy J

ToasterOnFire
October 12th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I didn't have Planetes down as one of my top picks, but I did enjoy it. :)

Franklyn Blaze
October 12th, 2008, 06:41 PM
wow thanks!!! im a huge anime fan and a sci fi fan. so thanks.
Macross Frontier seems to be awsome anime. wanna see it. i heard from a guy know that gundam series are very complicated.

Macross Frontier was really good, but make sure you watch Macross Zero OVA first, because there's tie ins to the series.
Dennou Coil was a cool series set in the near future, I remember watching it around october last year and the Halloween episode was really awesome. I might have to see it again. :D Reminded me a lot of hack sign but better.

Oh I don't stick with strictly scifi anime. There's a a lot of good mahou, horror and fantasy stuff out there.

Sci-Fi
October 15th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Ghost Hunt is a good series if you like mystery and horror.

Anda
October 15th, 2008, 10:27 AM
So how about Naruto????

Bee11
October 17th, 2008, 09:03 AM
So how about Naruto????

ewww

sorry i don't know why but i've always HATED that show

tombombadil
October 17th, 2008, 11:42 AM
chrono crusade
last exile
Madlax

L E E
October 28th, 2008, 05:39 PM
is Full Metal Panic! considered sci-fi anime? i really love this anime coz of the combination of drama/action/comedy.

what's sci-fi about naruto? somehow, i've never been interested to watch that anime.

collateral
November 19th, 2008, 03:53 PM
FMP is pretty awesome but they left it open but hey u can always read the novels
ummm i recommend Code Geass, gundam 00(my favorite), gundam Seed, Fate/Stay night, macross is good and Linebarrels of Iron and Fafner in the Azure

stargatefan234
July 5th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Sailor Moon and .Hack//Sign i consider sci-fi :) Those are good ones, too bad they ended though, haha... I liked Dragonballz, but other than that, i don't like that much anime.

Yes, you need to check alot more out.

Anime Covers a wide range of genra's from western to Sci-fi. And thier's NO shortage of Sci-fi in anime.

a SHORT list of personal favorites (all in Original language, I avoid dubbing in general [with a few exceptions where they actually are doing direct translations, but usually it's a horrid hack up - ie Sailor moon])

Naruto
Gundam (all of em)
Kenshin
Shamen King (non Foxtv version)
Trigun
Macross
Bubble Gum Crisis
Ghost in the shell (film and tv series)
Inuyasha
Ranma 1/2
Tenchi Muyo
and so on, and so on.......

Loved both DBZ and Tench Muyo as a kid. dont want to see the live action DBZ and never got into DB:GT. But i'm watching (re watching) Tenchi online now. :D. Ryoko can be my space pirate anyday :P :D

other than that, i don't watch any anime

telpethoniel
July 5th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Claymore is my fave :P Bleach is good too :D

mr_kennedy
December 14th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Now i know there are a few Anime fans on this forum, we'll atleast maybe a few Naruto fans so i decided to create a thread for everyone to discuss there anime's because i couldn't see one already made

Anyway whats everyone's favorite anime?

We'll i havent really seen many Anime's but i think it might a toss up between Ranma 1/2 and Naruto, but i might lean more towards Ranma 1/2

I do however intend on watching a bunch of new anime's next year :D

AlexanderD
December 14th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Robotech is an all time favorite. The precursor Macross Zero is also great.

iiradned
December 14th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Ranma 1/2, Maison Ikkoku, Kimagure Orange Road, Nausicaa, Whisper of the Heart, Laputa - Castle in the Sky, Ah! My Goddess, Super Dimensional Fortress Macross, Space Battleship Yamato, Sol Bianca, Tenchi Muyo!, Nadia - Secret of the Blue Water, Appleseed, Ghost in the Shell (all incarnations).

These are a few of my all time favorites.

mi_guard
December 15th, 2011, 12:30 AM
I love anime, but the old ones. My favorites were:

Captain Tsubasa, Captain Harlock, Candy Candy, UFO Robot Grendizer, Space Battleship Yamato (Star Blazers) and Lupin III :D

I so miss them :)

and why not add some pics to this thread :)

here my favorite pirate

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/mi_guard/mangas/harlock.gif

Sue_Jackson
December 15th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Love anime! :)

My favorite anime....

- Inuyasha
- Full Metal Alchemist
- Cowboy Bebop
- Sailor Moon
- Speed Racer
- Ghost in the Shell
- Voltron

mi_guard
December 16th, 2011, 12:41 AM
some pics :D

Captain Harlock
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/mi_guard/mangas/CH.jpg

Lupin III
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/mi_guard/mangas/LIII.jpg

UFO Robot Grendizer (Goldrake)
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/mi_guard/mangas/GR.jpg

mi_guard
December 16th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Candy Candy
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/mi_guard/mangas/CC.jpg

and again Lupin III - have you seen his car? :D I just love it :D it's a Fiat 500 Abarth

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/mi_guard/mangas/Liii500.jpg

loserinc
December 16th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Oh the love of anime!!! Some of my favorites (all subtitles please, no dubs!)

Gundam (all of it)
Macross (all of it)
Code Geass
Guin Saga
Sailor Moon
Evangelion

geez, there are more, so many more, but those are the ones off the top of my head

AlexanderD
December 16th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Love anime! :)

My favorite anime....

- Inuyasha
- Full Metal Alchemist
- Cowboy Bebop
- Sailor Moon
- Speed Racer
- Ghost in the Shell
- Voltron

I totally forgot about Voltron! I seem to remember two different versions of Voltron.

mr_kennedy
December 16th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Oh the love of anime!!! Some of my favorites (all subtitles please, no dubs!)

Gundam (all of it)
Macross (all of it)
Code Geass
Guin Saga
Sailor Moon
Evangelion

geez, there are more, so many more, but those are the ones off the top of my head

I'm a Dubs guy, i wouldnt really consider myself a huge anime fan but what i like to be able to understand what im watching and i dont want to spend time reading the subtitles

Morgania
December 16th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Inuyasha
Cowboy Bebop

Sailor Moon is good too, but I like watching fan abridged episodes.

JanineGrant2
December 18th, 2011, 10:42 AM
My favorite Anime:

Voltron
Sailor Moon
Inuyasha
Zoids New Century Zero and Zoids Chaotic Century
Squid Girl

loserinc
December 18th, 2011, 10:27 PM
almost forgot...

Korewa Zombie Desuka

mr_kennedy
December 19th, 2011, 03:07 PM
What Anime is everyone currently watching atm?

me im doing a naruto re-watch which was put on hold for several months but now im back into it, and im also watching Fairy Tail i really like that series im only about 10 episodes into it tho

Morgania
December 21st, 2011, 07:31 PM
Just bought Record of Lodos War on DVD. (FINALLY!!)

RoK
April 8th, 2012, 12:55 AM
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned this before, but my favorite anime would have to be Bleach. I do like, Yugioh and Yugioh GX, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and Fullmetal Alchemist.

mr_kennedy
April 8th, 2012, 06:57 AM
^ i've only just watched the bleach pilot for the first time this year :o not to bad but Naruto is still my fav :D

you know there is another Yugioh currently airing? Zexal i think its called i've only seen the pilot 2-parter but i kinda liked it

I'm currently watching Fullmetal Alchemist for the first time.... i'm half way through last episode i watched was episode 32 really like it so far :D

RoK
April 10th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Naruto's alright, although I don't watch it. The last time I saw Yugioh was the end of GX. Never could get into the new stuff. It's sort of gone the way of Pokemon, overdone and all. That's just my opinion though.

Are you watching the first or second series of Fullmetal Alchemist?

chrono trigger
April 10th, 2012, 07:27 AM
i just recently watched a horror anime called "another" which was very good if you like mysteries. here is a list of all anime i have ever watched

death note - it's a supernatural thriller and my favourite anime ever.
claymore
code geass
fullmetal alchemist
sola
mirai nikki
higurashi no naku koro ni
trinity blood
witch hunter robin
inu boku
guilty crown
vampire knight
another
ouran high school host club
kaichou wa maid sama
special a
elcazador de la bruja

im planning on watching ergo proxy next.

RoK
April 10th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Death Note. That was a good anime.

Morgania
April 10th, 2012, 02:39 PM
At the moment... I'm watching The Slayers. It's pretty funny.

mr_kennedy
April 10th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Naruto's alright, although I don't watch it. The last time I saw Yugioh was the end of GX. Never could get into the new stuff. It's sort of gone the way of Pokemon, overdone and all. That's just my opinion though.

Are you watching the first or second series of Fullmetal Alchemist?

AAWW i don't watch Pokemon, but Zexal wasnt bad we'll atleast i liked the 2 episodes that i've seen of it

I just finished watching the original FMA, might watch brotherhood next month or something

RoK
April 10th, 2012, 06:46 PM
AAWW i don't watch Pokemon, but Zexal wasnt bad we'll atleast i liked the 2 episodes that i've seen of it

I just finished watching the original FMA, might watch brotherhood next month or something

Brotherhood's good. It follows the manga more closely than the first anime series.

mr_kennedy
April 11th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Brotherhood's good. It follows the manga more closely than the first anime series.

I really enjoyed the original, would you say it's better than it?

RoK
April 12th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Possibly. I do like it better because it follows the manga, though that's my opinion.

Are you enjoying it so far?

mr_kennedy
April 13th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Possibly. I do like it better because it follows the manga, though that's my opinion.

Are you enjoying it so far?

Yes actually, i've watched up to episode 5, while i havent read the manga, they are dealing with the stories from the original very quickly, must say i kinda already prefer this, idk (maybe it's cus i'm still on a FMA high?) :lol: but i do think this is better so far :D

mr_kennedy
April 13th, 2012, 05:12 AM
I wanted to ask, does anybody here have a MAL (myanimelist) account?

If you do.... I'm indeed28 friend me :)

RoK
April 13th, 2012, 12:14 PM
That's good and I don't have a MAL account.

Morgania
April 13th, 2012, 09:18 PM
My newest find... Hetalia- Axis Powers

mr_kennedy
April 14th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Started waching Infinte Stratos yesterday :) not bad.... not bad at all hope more shows from 2011 get dubs this year

i'm looking at you

Phi Brain
Mirai Nikki
Tiger & Bunny

Morgania
April 14th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Finally finished The Slayers- Next.

RoK
April 15th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Anyone ever see the Gantz anime? I thought it was pretty good.

hart37
April 16th, 2012, 02:27 AM
I finished watching Highschool of the Dead 3 days ago. I really liked it but apparently it wasn't popular in Japan so there likely won't be a second season.

Atm I am tossing up whether to rewatch Desert Punk or rewatch Trigun.

I saw the posts about brotherhood too and I'd say definitely watch it. The two obviously start very similar because FMA did start with the original manga story but later got ahead of the manga writing so stick with it. I had friends who stopped watching it after the first couple of eps and later regretted it.

My MAL btw if anyone is interested is hart37

mr_kennedy
April 16th, 2012, 07:11 AM
I finished watching Highschool of the Dead 3 days ago. I really liked it but apparently it wasn't popular in Japan so there likely won't be a second season.

I saw the posts about brotherhood too and I'd say definitely watch it. The two obviously start very similar because FMA did start with the original manga story but later got ahead of the manga writing so stick with it. I had friends who stopped watching it after the first couple of eps and later regretted it.

My MAL btw if anyone is interested is hart37

I accepted your friend request :)

I already started watching FMAB up to about episode 15, and i understand why your friends wanted to do that, not so much with brotherhood cus im really enjoying it,t but with the original i wanted to do this stop at about episode 5 or 6, i'm really glad i stuck with it :D

Don't know what Desert Punk is about so i will say Trigun as i watched that last year

Anyone ever see the Gantz anime? I thought it was pretty good.

I've heard about it, but never watched it, Don't think i will like it

Starfist
April 16th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Hi all,
I'm a fan of Robotech, Gundam Wing and Battle of the Planets.
I also like Appleseed, Ghost in the Machine.

chrono trigger
April 16th, 2012, 04:30 PM
i have just finished watching a horror anime from a couple a years ago called shiki which i think is really good, my only problem was in the end most of the characters had become very unlikeable/stupid or dead.

Started waching Infinte Stratos yesterday :) not bad.... not bad at all hope more shows from 2011 get dubs this year

i'm looking at you

Phi Brain
Mirai NikkiTiger & Bunny

i have been watching that subbed and i think it's pretty good especially after the first few episodes.

Gundula
April 16th, 2012, 10:21 PM
I love anime!
My favs at the time... Fullmetal Alchemist (I liked Brotherhood WAY more than the original), Code Geass, Naruto Shippuden, Death Note, Wolf's Rain, InuYasha, Elfen Lied, etc.
I'm currently watching Slayers Next and following Shippuden (although they decided to include even more filler episodes this month ¬¬)
I was watching Bleach and Suzumiya Haruhi but I put them on a hold... I should pick them up.

RoK
April 17th, 2012, 12:42 AM

Trigun is cool. The funny thing for me was that I didn't know that Johnny Yong Bosch did the voice for Vash in Trigun, as well as the voice of Ichigo Kurosaki in Bleach, for the longest time.

I've heard about it, but never watched it, Don't think i will like it

Maybe not. There's a lot of sexual references in the anime, plus a lot of killing, so I don't know if you'll like it or not. The manga was good for a while.

mr_kennedy
April 17th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Trigun is cool. The funny thing for me was that I didn't know that Johnny Yong Bosch did the voice for Vash in Trigun, as well as the voice of Ichigo Kurosaki in Bleach, for the longest time.

Maybe not. There's a lot of sexual references in the anime, plus a lot of killing, so I don't know if you'll like it or not. The manga was good for a while.

Adam FTW

LT. COL. John Sheppard
April 17th, 2012, 03:39 AM
Adam ?

mr_kennedy
April 17th, 2012, 04:07 AM
adam ?

mmpr, they were talking about johnny young bosch

LT. COL. John Sheppard
April 17th, 2012, 04:17 AM
johnny young bosch?

RoK
April 17th, 2012, 05:22 PM
That's the actor's name who played Adam Park on Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.

Morgania
April 22nd, 2012, 08:36 AM
Anybody besides me seen the Slayers?

python490
April 22nd, 2012, 10:52 AM
I have watched more anime than I can count since I was a kid. I agree with a lot of other posters on favorite series. Classics like Gundam and Macross. Dragon Ball I loved as a kid. My personal favorite is Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood that is one I recommend to people all the time.

Starfist
April 22nd, 2012, 11:46 AM
Hi all,
I have a quick question. Does anyone know if 'Starwberry Eggs' is available on DVD for region 2?

RoK
April 22nd, 2012, 03:48 PM
I have watched more anime than I can count since I was a kid. I agree with a lot of other posters on favorite series. Classics like Gundam and Macross. Dragon Ball I loved as a kid. My personal favorite is Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood that is one I recommend to people all the time.

Which Dragonball series are we talking about here, Dragonball, DBZ, or GT?

Morgania
April 22nd, 2012, 05:30 PM
I used to watch Dragon Ball Z all the time. I didn't really like GT that much.

Pym
April 22nd, 2012, 06:26 PM
I love Gunslinger girls not sure if you would class it anime as I'm new to the genre.

But I have just managed to score a heep of DVDsfrom a video store that was closing down and moving elsewhere so it will be a new discovery for me.:sam:

RoK
April 24th, 2012, 07:29 PM
I used to watch Dragon Ball Z all the time. I didn't really like GT that much.

DBZ was the bomb. I used to watch it all the time as well. Ironically, I haven't seen all of the episodes. I'm still missing a good chunk of the Cell and Cell Games Sagas. GT wasn't that bad, though I still prefer DBZ.

On another note, anybody want to play anime hangman? I've seen it around on here with other shows/movies. Anybody up for it?

hart37
April 25th, 2012, 12:31 AM
DBZ was the bomb. I used to watch it all the time as well. Ironically, I haven't seen all of the episodes. I'm still missing a good chunk of the Cell and Cell Games Sagas. GT wasn't that bad, though I still prefer DBZ.
The first DB I saw was DBZ on a morning cartoon show. I have to admit though I've come to love the original dragonball best. It's sooo much funnier to me.

RoK
May 2nd, 2012, 03:28 AM
Been watching some DBZ on Youtube. I feel like watching the series again. I have a few seasons on dvd too.

python490
May 2nd, 2012, 09:35 AM
Which Dragonball series are we talking about here, Dragonball, DBZ, or GT?

I personally find the Original DragonBall the best one, Z is okay if your into DragonBall after the Cell saga I didn't like it as much. GT I watched but only once because I didn't like it at all...

Morgania
May 2nd, 2012, 12:31 PM
I didn't like the Buu Saga very much.

RoK
May 3rd, 2012, 02:03 AM
I didn't like the Buu Saga very much.

Ironically, I was watching some of the episodes in the Buu Saga.

Anyway, moving on, I watched in the new Fullmetal Alchemist movie, The Sacred Star of Milos. I must say, I did like the movie.

python490
May 3rd, 2012, 01:29 PM
Ironically, I was watching some of the episodes in the Buu Saga.

Anyway, moving on, I watched in the new Fullmetal Alchemist movie, The Sacred Star of Milos. I must say, I did like the movie.

Full Metal Alchemist anime(both the first one and Brotherhood) along with the film are is my personal favorite. Great Journey with a lot of lessons.

RoK
May 4th, 2012, 02:44 AM
Full Metal Alchemist anime(both the first one and Brotherhood) along with the film are is my personal favorite. Great Journey with a lot of lessons.

Which film? Conqueror of Shamballa or Sacred Star of Milos?

python490
May 4th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Conqueror of Shamballa is the only one I've seen. I'll check out Sacred Star of Milos

Starfist
May 4th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I may be showing my age here, but does anyone remember the following?

Marine Boy
Battle of the Planets
Ulysses 31

RoK
May 4th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Conqueror of Shamballa is the only one I've seen. I'll check out Sacred Star of Milos

Ah. Well, Sacred Star of Milos did just come out to English a few days ago.

mr_kennedy
May 5th, 2012, 03:43 PM
i'll probably watch that once i have finished watching Brotherhood :)

python490
May 8th, 2012, 04:49 PM
I prefer sub unless its Anime I watched as kid(I guess I got use to the dub)

ValaAeryn
May 8th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Vampire Knight! Vampire Knight! Vampire Knight! Vampire Knight! Vampire Knight! Vampire Knight! Vampire Knight! Vampire Knight! Vampire Knight! Vampire Knight!

Morgania
May 13th, 2012, 12:12 PM
I've been watching The Sacred Blacksmith lately.

RoK
May 19th, 2012, 09:48 PM
I've been watching the Marvel Anime shows. Yes, Marvel and a company in Japan decided to make 4 anime series based off of Marvel Comic characters. Anyway, I would recommend watching them. They're pretty good.

mr_kennedy
May 22nd, 2012, 07:37 AM
I just finished FMAB i thought it was much better than the original

mr_kennedy
June 26th, 2012, 04:17 AM
Still listening to Yui - Again AKA the first FMAB theme, AKA one of the best anime intros ever

Also i started watching Pokemon atleast the first season

RoK
June 26th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Also i started watching Pokemon atleast the first season

In my opinion, they started going overboard with Pokemon after a while. I stopped watching after they made the Pokemon up to about 300.

Anyway, I've been watching Deadman Wonderland. Good anime.

mr_kennedy
June 28th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Checked out the pilot of Death Note..... I'm intrigued

In my opinion, they started going overboard with Pokemon after a while. I stopped watching after they made the Pokemon up to about 300.

Anyway, I've been watching Deadman Wonderland. Good anime.

See I've never really watched Pokemon at all Until this year

Morgania
June 28th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I used to watch Pokemon a long time ago.

I've finished watching The Slayers- Try. Now on to Revolution.

Starfist
June 28th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Ok here are a couple of questions for you.

Does anyone on this thread remember a classic piece of anime called 'Marine Boy'? It was one of the first Japanese made television shows I watched way back in the 1970's.

And does anyone know if 'Strawberry Eggs' is available on DVD for region 2?

I'm a big fan of 'Mecha' based anime. Having both 'Robotech' and some episodes of 'Gundam Wing' on DVD. What are your thoughts on Mecha based anime?

Morgania
June 28th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I'm not really a fan of mecha. (I like the fantasy genre more.)

iiradned
June 28th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Shoji Kawamori has some beautifully choreographed mecha action in his later works.

RoK
June 28th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Mecha anime's not really my thing. I prefer supernatural type of anime. Though, if you are looking for mecha anime, I would recommend Big O.

loserinc
June 30th, 2012, 02:28 AM
I love Mecha anime, if it's done well. I'm a huge fan of almost all of the Gundam series, and Macross as well. Oooh, and who could forget Evangelion.

Starfist
June 30th, 2012, 10:24 PM
I have to admit. As well as enjoying anime with mecha. I also enjoy good well done sci-fi stories. 'Appleseed' is amongst my favourites.

BTW I live in the UK. So some of the titles I've seen on this thread I may not have seen in stores.

mr_kennedy
July 8th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Just watched The Sacred Star of Milos.... it was ok, i thought the conquerer of shamballa was better

loserinc
July 11th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Hey SF, thought since you like Mechs you may appreciate this. It's something new I've been working on :D

Full size 1500x2121 http://wraith-queen-incy.deviantart.com/#/d56x381

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/loserinc/Art%20Daz%20Photoshop/mechstormsmall.jpg

Morgania
July 11th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Recommend me some historical fantasy series, please.

I already watch Inuyasha, and Sengoku Basara- Samurai Kings.

loserinc
July 12th, 2012, 12:17 AM
The Twelve Kingdoms is really good.

Check on AnimeNetwork, they have everything ever made, easy to find stuff in categories there.

mr_kennedy
September 4th, 2012, 06:41 AM
just finished death note i enjoyed it :)

RoK
September 5th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Question. Anyone here actually read manga? If so, anyone reading Bleach?

mr_kennedy
September 9th, 2012, 08:15 PM
nope sorry don't read manga but i just started watching bleach only 3 episodes in tho

i'm also currently watching cowboy bebop which i'm about half way into

mr_kennedy
September 10th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Watched Ghost in the Shell movie last night, was decent enough, is Stand Alone Complex better or worse?

iiradned
September 11th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Watched Ghost in the Shell movie last night, was decent enough, is Stand Alone Complex better or worse?

Both the original manga and all the anime versions can be quite heavy with its philosophical subtext, that is where does the soul begin? The 'ghost' in the title can refer to the soul.

Major Kusanagi is a full-body replacement cyborg, the only original biological parts of remaining are her brain and spinal cord. Also, there are androids that differ from Kusanagi in only one aspect. Their brains and spinal cords were grown in a vat and were programmed like a computer with highly advanced AIs.

If you don't mind the subtext, you might enjoy it.

FYI, the original movie has one direct sequel Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence.

Stand Alone Complex has 2 seasons and a movie. The second season is called Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG and the movie is called Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society.

The original movie and its sequel are not set in the same universe as SAC and its sequels. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - The Laughing Man is repackaging of certain episodes of SAC and Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG - Individual Eleven is a repackaging of certain episodes of 2nd GIG.

mr_kennedy
September 14th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the info, but i'm currently watching bleach s2 (for the first time) if i am going to watch sac it will probably be next year

iiradned
September 14th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the info, but i'm currently watching bleach s2 (for the first time) if i am going to watch sac it will probably be next year

You're welcome.

mr_kennedy
October 1st, 2012, 07:41 AM
Started watching GTO and OHSHC both are funny shows so far

mr_kennedy
January 23rd, 2013, 08:18 PM
Been watching Dragonball lately, first time, not that bad.... up to the 4th season (General Blue Saga)

K5Rakitan
March 27th, 2013, 09:34 PM
I'm a huge Yu-Gi-Oh! fan. I love Seto Kaiba and how he resembles Tony Stark/Iron Man. Actually, I don't know who came first.

Other than that, I like Peach Girl. I write fan fiction for both and I am also starting my first Stargate story: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2502044/K5Rakitan

mr_kennedy
April 3rd, 2013, 01:35 AM
^ Iron-Man did

Lately i've been watching DBZ & Samurai Champloo, both first time viewings for me.....

also just started watching High School of the Dead, it's ok so far

mr_kennedy
June 4th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Been Watching some Naruto lately, Naruto is the best :D

Ripley2012
July 24th, 2013, 10:47 PM
I haven't been able to get into that sort, however I am a sucker for slice of life and then extremely gory. Polar Bear Cafe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhJmK-58z_s), is my very very favorite but I totally dig Hellsing. Every time I go to Naka Kon (Anime Convention) however, they always pull out Ghost in the Shell, its funny thats its this iconic movie concidering Akira (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQnw35kR6Pw) is like a legend in Anime...perhaps I am too old as the release date is 1988 and Ghost in a Shell 1995. Hetalia (http://www.youtube.com/show/hetalia) is pretty funny as well if you are into history at all.

mr_kennedy
July 24th, 2013, 11:31 PM
I just started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion today for the first time..... still watching Shippuden but i'm in the filler season (season 9) so i'm not so into atm :( but i want to finish it so i can get on with the main story

mr_kennedy
August 4th, 2013, 09:46 PM
So been wondering this myself lately, if you had to chose the best anime opening what would it be? ie whats your favorite?

for me its a toss up between, nightmare - the world (death note opening 1) or sambomaster - seishun kyosokyoko (naruto opening 5), with asian kung fu generation - haruka kanata (naruto opening 2) & yui - again (fullmetal alchemist brotherhood opening 1) as runners up

honorable mentions are dragonball opening and also pokemon opening

mr_kennedy
August 10th, 2013, 05:50 PM
So Caught up with Naruto shippuden Dubs so lately i have Been watching Bleach, up to season 4, its ok abit underwhelming to me so far when you compare it to the awesomeness of seasons 2 & 3

Also started watching Wolfs Rain & Yugioh Duel Monsters both first time viewings and i'm going to complete both Neon Genesis Evangelion & Cowboy Bebop

Spimman
September 4th, 2013, 08:46 AM
I used to watch DBZ and a few other popular movies back in high school (a little over 10 years ago :eek:), but haven't watched much since. Recently watched Avatar The Last Airbender which got me interested so I've started watching Bleach. I have access to it via Hulu+ (with Subtitles) or Youtube (dubbed, but poorly). I wish I had access to high quality dubbed versions, as I greatly prefer this...especially when I'm doing other things so kinda half watch and half listen to the shows.

mr_kennedy
September 19th, 2013, 07:49 AM
I used to watch DBZ and a few other popular movies back in high school (a little over 10 years ago :eek:), but haven't watched much since. Recently watched Avatar The Last Airbender which got me interested so I've started watching Bleach. I have access to it via Hulu+ (with Subtitles) or Youtube (dubbed, but poorly). I wish I had access to high quality dubbed versions, as I greatly prefer this...especially when I'm doing other things so kinda half watch and half listen to the shows.

There are a couple of good sites around that just focus on anime dubs, i've been watching Cowboy Bebop & Neon Genesis Evangelion on there which i will finish both on saturday, now i've enjoyed Cowboy Bebop more than Neon Genesis Evaengelion however Neon Genesis Evangelion is really good too

As for Bleach Yeah i'm only a newbie to the show aswell i'm only on s4 seasons 2-3 were great but Naruto/Naruto Shippuden) is still the best anime out there (imo)

mr_kennedy
February 12th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Just started watching Gurren Lagann love it so far, only seen 3 episodes

Morgania
February 26th, 2014, 07:09 PM
I think I've only seen the first season or so of Naruto. How many episodes are there?

mr_kennedy
February 26th, 2014, 09:35 PM
There's like 220 for part 1, however part 2 is still ongoing i think the japan version is to like season 15 or something, while the dub is @season 11

there are however several! filler episodes

Morgania
February 26th, 2014, 09:54 PM
15 seasons? Oh my! I'm good with my 8-ish seasons of Inuyasha.

mr_kennedy
February 27th, 2014, 12:07 AM
15 seasons just for part 2 (seen up to season 11)

like 9 seasons for part 1 (i've seen all of)

YES Naruto is my favorite anime

however i've yet to see inuyasha

Morgania
June 30th, 2014, 09:25 PM
however i've yet to see inuyasha

It's the first anime I saw that wasn't Sailor Moon or Dragon Ball (Z). I like the characters more than I like the show sometimes, if that makes any sense.