Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was all of Season 10 in the can when Season 11 was cancelled?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was all of Season 10 in the can when Season 11 was cancelled?

I couldn't find a definitive answer to this after searching. Maybe I just did a poor job of searching... I don't know.

But the question is simple.

Had ALL the episodes for Season 10 already been filmed when Season 11 was cancelled; or were there still episodes left to film, so that story arcs begun in Season 9 can be closed before the final curtain drops?

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
    - Stephen Colbert
    "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Apparently just the season finale has yet to be written, and Gilles from the Sci-Fi World forum visited the set the other day and the SG-1 cast were shooting "Bad Guys".

However, the order episodes are filmed are different from the airing order - but if the finale has yet to be written I would say there is a few episodes left to film.

Comment

14 episodes are filmed, and apparently 17 are written, but with a 6 month hiatus, I would imagine Sci-fi would allow them to take the time to scrap and replace a couple of scripts so that they can do a proper ending
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

They're not going to bother. They'll conclude it like they did with Farscape - no solution. They're trying to get it picked up again - so why would they write an ending when they're looking to continue on another channel? Even if it doesn't get picked up, they'll end again like Farscape with a mini-series or two.
        Ian

Comment

Na, unless I'm recalling incorrectly, according to reports which were then confirmed by James Bamford, they held off writing Episodes 18, 19 & 20 of both series until they got confirmation of whether or not its over or continuing

So this could mean a 3 part finale for SG1

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
            14 episodes are filmed, and apparently 17 are written, but with a 6 month hiatus, I would imagine Sci-fi would allow them to take the time to scrap and replace a couple of scripts so that they can do a proper ending
            The hiatus is in USA only. I don't think Sky One, which starts airing season 10 in the second half of October (October 18th, if I'm not mistaken) will be waiting 2-3 months with airing the second half of the season. We'll see in January. Plus, I suppose the filming concludes October 10th, as scheduled.
            T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
              The hiatus is in USA only. I don't think Sky One, which starts airing season 10 in the second half of October (October 18th, if I'm not mistaken) will be waiting 2-3 months with airing the second half of the season. We'll see in January. Plus, I suppose the filming concludes October 10th, as scheduled.
              Uh...no kidding. That was kind of the point. It doesn't matter if the UK doesn't have a long hiatus, they're still taking it in the US and will have time to fiddle with episodes before the back half of S10 is finalized.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
                Uh...no kidding. That was kind of the point. It doesn't matter if the UK doesn't have a long hiatus, they're still taking it in the US and will have time to fiddle with episodes before the back half of S10 is finalized.
                And what? Make them different than what will be aired in UK? I'm pretty sure that episode 11 will be aired in UK at the beginning of January and they will finish airing season 10 in March there. So what? Different version for UK and different for USA? What exactly do you mean?

Comment

*head/desk* ignore me, its been a long week
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

And what? Make them different than what will be aired in UK? I'm pretty sure that episode 11 will be aired in UK at the beginning of January and they will finish airing season 10 in March there. So what? Different version for UK and different for USA? What exactly do you mean?
                    *bangs head on wall*

The episodes are made in North America. Episodes 1-10 are already airing over here. Then there will be the 6-month hiatus in which to fiddle with the back half.

S10 will air from the beginning in the UK some time during the North America hiatus.

Therefore --> The North American hiatus will make every difference to UK viewers, even though they won't have to wait 6 months to see the second half.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
                      *bangs head on wall*

The episodes are made in North America. Episodes 1-10 are already airing over here. Then there will be the 6-month hiatus in which to fiddle with the back half.

S10 will air from the beginning in the UK some time during the North America hiatus.

Therefore --> The North American hiatus will make every difference to UK viewers, even though they won't have to wait 6 months to see the second half.
                      Not necessarily. 3 months longer hiatus in USA doesn't have to make a difference to UK viewers. If Sky One is going to air the whole season without any break, or perhaps only 1 - 2 weeks one (Christmas/New Year), the back half will start there shortly after New Year, at the beginning of January and they will finish airing the whole season 10 in March.

Comment

If the episodes haven't yet been filmed by the time SKY is due to show them, then I suspect that SKY may just put back the start date for S10's airing. They know from past experience that viewers in the UK don't tolerate any break in a season's airing very well - there was the whole Buffy debaucle some years back that caused them real headaches.

OTOH, our TV stations have insidiously been dragging us into the world of US TV over the last few years or so, with increasingly intrusive advertising ploys etc. Many years ago, SKY tried to introduce scrunching the end titles of a show to the end of the screen so that a preview for another show could be played over them and the howls of complaint from viewers were such that they dropped the notion pretty quickly. Only a few years back, they resurrected the idea, of course, and it's been picked up by other stations, too, cable and terrestrial. This time, it seemed people realised it was there to stay, no matter how they hated it, and it's, regrettably imo opinion, taken root. Likewise, a few years ago UK viewers would never have tolerated those little banner promos for other shows showing up at the top or bottom of the show they were currently watching. But they've become the norm, too, and if anyone has been complaining about them recently, they've become used to being ignored.

So that may well have changed things and made UK viewers a little more malleable to just accepting that UK TV networks, like US ones, don't give two stuffs about their viewers but are set up to cater for advertisers. And that they will simply announce that SG1 'will be back in...' and that will be that.

It would certainly be a first for SKY though, who are usually pretty good with scheduling and can be relied on to run a show from premiere to finale without a break. I think that's a fundamental reason why many viewers like to watch their first run shows on SKY and it may well damage SKY's viewing figures if they start to mess around with that realiability.

Albion
                        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by generalgater
                          They're not going to bother. They'll conclude it like they did with Farscape - no solution. They're trying to get it picked up again - so why would they write an ending when they're looking to continue on another channel? Even if it doesn't get picked up, they'll end again like Farscape with a mini-series or two.
                          Now that it a little paranoiod. The reports show that only 14 are filmed and that episodes 15-20 have yet to be filmes and 18-20 have yet to be written. That was the deal long before the cancellation was confirmed so we can get a proper farewell.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                            Of course they will. Rob and Brad will amke sure of it.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Indeed...they purposefully didnt write the last 3 episodes of the season until they got confirmation, It's logical, It's true and now we can get a good send off

Although Personally I would have loved a 10 episode long send off like Deep Space Nines...that was awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X