This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AHHHH!!! I MUST be going crazy!!!!

I just saw a commercial on SciFi saying WWF RAW is going to be on SciFi now...OMG!!!!! What the hell is happening?!?!? Did the term "Science Fiction" get redefined with my knowing?????!!?!?!??!
    McKay:...ZedPM
    O'Neill: Zed?
    Jackson: He's Canadian
    O'Neill: I'm sorry

http://www.scifi.com/ecw/

Why not? They consider ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling) to be science-fiction.

I don't really get that decision. I certainly see the fiction in wrestling, but not so much the science.

*shrug*
    sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

Originally posted by Cat_the_Alien

Why not? They consider ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling) to be science-fiction.

I don't really get that decision. I certainly see the fiction in wrestling, but not so much the science.

*shrug*
      working out the best angle at which to plunge someone's neck into the floor to break it in 6 1/2 different places?

[/sarcasm]
      I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Your O'Neill is showing
        McKay:...ZedPM
        O'Neill: Zed?
        Jackson: He's Canadian
        O'Neill: I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by All hail the USAF
          I just saw a commercial on SciFi saying WWF RAW is going to be on SciFi now...OMG!!!!! What the hell is happening?!?!? Did the term "Science Fiction" get redefined with my knowing?????!!?!?!??!

One night only...that will change...scifi is losing it

Comment

Originally posted by Cat_the_Alien

*shrug*

LOL

nice.

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

Professional wrestling is nothing but fiction — prepackaged, choreographed and ready-made for it audience of mouth-breathers. There is absolutely no sport there. And it probably has more science in it than som eof the dreck SciFi has carried before...think Scare Tactics...

ladyjanus

Comment

I seriously can't see how this pathetic tripe can even be classified as entertainment, let alone science fiction. It's almost as bad as 'reality' tv, although, I'm not sure which is worse. Why in the world would Sci-fi put it on? Is wrestling really that popular?

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
                Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
                Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Originally posted by Frinky
                  I seriously can't see how this pathetic tripe can even be classified as entertainment, let alone science fiction. It's almost as bad as 'reality' tv, although, I'm not sure which is worse. Why in the world would Sci-fi put it on? Is wrestling really that popular?
                  One short answer: Hogan Knows Best.
                  "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                  The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by Anubistraveler
                    One night only...that will change...scifi is losing it
                    Losing it? IMO, they've totally lost it. I know the wrestling move by them may be going for higher ratings, but I don't care. It isn't science fiction in any way, I don't care how anyone tries to spin it, so Sci-Fi is just alienating their core audience IMO. After what they did to SG-1, I almost wouldn't mind at all seeing them totally tank as a network. No one deserves that more.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

SciFi is stupid. When Atlantis and BSG go off the air, I will stop watching it altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                        SciFi is stupid. When Atlantis and BSG go off the air, I will stop watching it altogether.
                        I hope when that day comes, they get picked up by another network like SG-1 should. At least then we can still have quality Science Fiction out there.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

They're going for ratings. Wrestling gets ratings, no matter the channel, and it will get viewers to the network who may see something of interest (the demographic for wrestling and sci-fi does tend to overlap a bit, like it or not). I don't see it as sci-fi at all, but I understand why they're doing it.

The flip side is that they're of course cancelling SG-1, which is still one of their higher-rated shows. I could understand it a lot better if they were just putting wrestling on to gain healthy profits to bolster their existing shows and possibly develop new sci-fi properties, but nope, they're just in it for the benjamins...

Comment

Working...
                          X