This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baal : Savior of the Goa'uld

I have no clue if this has been discussed already , but I will do so anyways<

Think about it... in the past every Goa'uld we say , was pretty much the same, and the analysis even went so far to say it...The Goa'uld was a dyeing race, they were NOT inovative, they just stole what tech they needed, and were so arrogant, megalomaniacal and self abosorbed, that they would not change thier way of doing things, and would ALWAYS continue to make thier claim to being Gods even in the face of those who knew they were not........
    Untill Ball came along....basicly Ball hase imagination, and can ADAPT as seen by his no longer claiming to be a god in to the SGC.... so if Ball can succesed in say finding a queen an produceing offspring, you may just see a new breed of goa'uld, one that has a more humen way of adapting to the situation and finging inovative new ways of attaining thier goals...... just imagen the hassl that could cause to the SGC and the Galaxy?? the imagination and adaptability of humans, and the megalominia and knowalge and streangth of the Goa'uld
    Have a thirst for galactic conquest??
    Join the Battle

http://uc1.GamesTotal.com/?tft=cf20

Originally posted by LunchBoxWpg
    I have no clue if this has been discussed already , but I will do so anyways<

Think about it... in the past every Goa'uld we say , was pretty much the same, and the analysis even went so far to say it...The Goa'uld was a dyeing race, they were NOT inovative, they just stole what tech they needed, and were so arrogant, megalomaniacal and self abosorbed, that they would not change thier way of doing things, and would ALWAYS continue to make thier claim to being Gods even in the face of those who knew they were not........
    Untill Ball came along....basicly Ball hase imagination, and can ADAPT as seen by his no longer claiming to be a god in to the SGC.... so if Ball can succesed in say finding a queen an produceing offspring, you may just see a new breed of goa'uld, one that has a more humen way of adapting to the situation and finging inovative new ways of attaining thier goals...... just imagen the hassl that could cause to the SGC and the Galaxy?? the imagination and adaptability of humans, and the megalominia and knowalge and streangth of the Goa'uld
    Interesting idea, but I disagree. Baal is all about what's best for Baal. I don't see where he is more 'human' just because he lives among them.

Though...it does make me think of a different take on your idea. He has all those clones, and we know that over time, the genetic makeup will deteriorate assuming the clones eventually have clones. Makes me wonder if they might end up like the Asgard in a millenium or so.

Comment

ack...I did not mean to say is was more humen...I was just trying to say he has learnt to , and thinks, in a more humen fashion.....in thaat he is imaginative, and adaptable
      Join the Battle

Comment

I like Baal
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by LunchBoxWpg
          ack...I did not mean to say is was more humen...I was just trying to say he has learnt to , and thinks, in a more humen fashion.....in thaat he is imaginative, and adaptable
          Point taken, but I give him credit for that beforehand. I've always thought him to be one of the sharper of the Goa'uld. Perhaps from a superior genetic strain?

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
            I like Baal
            Yes...Baal is my fave bad guy. Gotta love him.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
              Interesting idea, but I disagree. Baal is all about what's best for Baal. I don't see where he is more 'human' just because he lives among them.

Though...it does make me think of a different take on your idea. He has all those clones, and we know that over time, the genetic makeup will deteriorate assuming the clones eventually have clones. Makes me wonder if they might end up like the Asgard in a millenium or so.
              Hmmm ... Baal is an interesting character. I do agree it would be interesting to think down the line about the deteriation of the clones, and the clone clones... science has proven that clones are not going to last - so i agree, Admiral, we may see cloned Baal's hopping from one clone to another and "downloadning" their consiousness in to a new "model"... boggles the mind!

I think Baal has lasted as long has he has because he is there for himself. (litterally...) He has known in the past how to make alliences that are good for HIM and then is quick to stab others in the back to move on if that is what suits him. Sure he helped us humans in the past, but was he really doing out of compassion for us? NO! He did not want to be fighting the Replicators any more then we did. To him it was a way to get rid of an enemy and if he had to team up with us to do it, it would mean one less thing he had to spend his energy on doing himself.

personally, i am glad we see more of Baal... besides that he is the last of his kind (excluding the clones, which really are not Gou'alds - do they have a Gou'ald in them, actually? I don't know... hmmm) he knows how to make alliences that advance his cause. What ever that may be....
              Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by rebelwriter03
                Hmmm ... Baal is an interesting character. I do agree it would be interesting to think down the line about the deteriation of the clones, and the clone clones... science has proven that clones are not going to last - so i agree, Admiral, we may see cloned Baal's hopping from one clone to another and "downloadning" their consiousness in to a new "model"... boggles the mind!

I think Baal has lasted as long has he has because he is there for himself. (litterally...) He has known in the past how to make alliences that are good for HIM and then is quick to stab others in the back to move on if that is what suits him. Sure he helped us humans in the past, but was he really doing out of compassion for us? NO! He did not want to be fighting the Replicators any more then we did. To him it was a way to get rid of an enemy and if he had to team up with us to do it, it would mean one less thing he had to spend his energy on doing himself.

personally, i am glad we see more of Baal... besides that he is the last of his kind (excluding the clones, which really are not Gou'alds - do they have a Gou'ald in them, actually? I don't know... hmmm) he knows how to make alliences that advance his cause. What ever that may be....

They ARE goa'uld...in the episod Unitivited( seaon 10 where they captue baal and his baals lol ) they had to do DNA tests on BOTH the cloned hosts AND cloned "snakes" they aslo said there is NO genetic differance at all between them...but that couyld change over generations yes.... I also did say he was still megalomaniacal....he just has a more humen way of adapting, and imaginaing new ways to do things ( sort of ) I never said he has the humen trait of self sacrifice ( other wise he'd be a tok'ra ;-) )
                Join the Battle

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O

Or he could be smart and put his original body into cryogenic stasis when he decides to switch bodies in order to re-clone it. Of course, the symbiote will one day be too old to live on (I think. Or maybe it was just Yu for refusing to switch bodies).

Comment

Working...
                  X