This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV vs Books?

Possibly a silly question to ask, but how many Gateworld members are just as at home in a SFF book as a SFF TV series?

Is there an actual divide between the TV and literature aspects of science fiction and fantasy as a genre?
    Science fiction forums
    Stargate forum

Originally posted by I, Brian
    Possibly a silly question to ask, but how many Gateworld members are just as at home in a SFF book as a SFF TV series?

Is there an actual divide between the TV and literature aspects of science fiction and fantasy as a genre?
    Not silly at all IMO. I do find myself just as "at home" in a Science Fiction book as I do a TV series. Well, except maybe Farscape or SG-1.

Yes, I do believe there is a divide between the TV and literature aspects of Science Fiction. In books, the author can do pretty much anything, and we can picture it in our minds. On TV, creators and writer's are limited in what they can do due to budget constraints and such.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I definitly feel at home with either a SFF book or SFF TV. Usually don't have as much time with the books, if I get into the story I just can't seem to put the book down and could spend hours reading when I should be doing something else like cooking dinner for the family and things like that.
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Working...
      X