X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooper: SG1 Will go On (News)

Cooper: SG-1 will go on

Monday - August 21, 2006 | by Darren Sumner

Don't count Stargate SG-1 out just yet. Though SCI FI Channel has cancelled the long-running series (story), the show's producers are hard at work looking for a new outlet for the story to continue, executive producer Robert C. Cooper told GateWorld exclusively.

"As far as the future I can't comment yet because nothing has been confirmed," Cooper said. "What we want to emphasize is that the franchise is not dying. SG-1 will go on in some way. We're just not ready to announce how."

A formal announcement from the studio and the network is expected later this week.

Cooper also emphasizes that, though emotions are running high among Stargate fans who have just learned the news, it is important to keep the show's ratings strong throughout the remainder of its run on SCI FI. "What's most important is that fans don't take out their frustration with SCI FI by not watching," he said. "In fact, what they need to do is watch both SG-1 and Atlantis LIVE and make sure the ratings stay strong.

"That helps prove to other outlets that might be interested in SG-1 that the show is still as strong as we think it is."

Could Stargate SG-1 find its way to yet another network in 2007? Or might the SG-1 team be headed for a TV movie, mini-series, direct-to-video feature ... or the big screen? Stay with GateWorld for the latest developments.

Stargate SG-1 Season Ten continues with all-new episodes this Friday at 9 p.m. Eastern/Pacific on SCI FI, followed by Stargate Atlantis at 10 p.m.!

Don't go assuming anything just yet people and keep a eye on gateworld news, apologies if this has already been posted.

merge it up boys
    I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmm, I had a feeling this was the end of SG, at least Atlantis will live on!.

I wouldn't mind seeing it pop up on another network or even a series of direct to video movies if the big studio's don't want to make mainstream.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

King Ramasis Niblick the Third, kaplunk! kaplunk! Oops - where's my flibble?
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

that made me a little bit happier hearing that.

Comment

This has already been said about 5 times already and yet people still read too much into that comment.

Comment

*Thinking* and are they harming anyone doing that........

No.

Can I skim over posts/threads I think maynot interest me.....

Yes.

Even more simple than I thought it would be...

*wanders off*

*edit* note to self...read it before posting it...

Comment

I fully believe SG-1 will live on in one form or another. Even if we don't somehow get another season, the chances of a mini-series or some tv movies are good IMO. MGM is behind SG-1 still, and TPTB haven't given up. Negotiations are apparently ongoing. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                X