This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda glad its ending....

I have been watching Stargate SG:1 since before it was on Sci-fi. I have watched every minute of it and I think its a very good show. It seems though after season 6 the writing has got poor at some times. Now I am no troll and do not wish to add to the bad news. When I watched the show after Richard left it felt like they made up the spot for Mitchell last minute with the fight over the south pole. Thats when I knew the writers where in trouble. Ever since then they have to do double duty because RDA isnt there. They were more worried about giving Mitchell a RDA role and not leting him grow. Now since then he has grown. I personally have turned the channel on SG this whole season. I have never done that EVER. This is why I feel like posting. I feel that MGM needs to make a force-ful change in the writing staff. I think Canceling the series is wrong but I can see why they are. Its to bad.

Originally posted by Cox
    I have been watching Stargate SG:1 since before it was on Sci-fi. I have watched every minute of it and I think its a very good show. It seems though after season 6 the writing has got poor at some times. Now I am no troll and do not wish to add to the bad news. When I watched the show after Richard left it felt like they made up the spot for Mitchell last minute with the fight over the south pole. Thats when I knew the writers where in trouble. Ever since then they have to do double duty because RDA isnt there. They were more worried about giving Mitchell a RDA role and not leting him grow. Now since then he has grown. I personally have turned the channel on SG this whole season. I have never done that EVER. This is why I feel like posting. I feel that MGM needs to make a force-ful change in the writing staff. I think Canceling the series is wrong but I can see why they are. Its to bad.
    I disagree, they didnt add that spot at the last minute. The battle over Antartica had alot of 302s so how is it unlikely?
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

So wait... They're cancelling the series because a few fans don't like the changes?

Undoubtably, the antis will bring ratings into this, which prove nothing since you can only speculate on whats causing them. Besides, Sci Fi has said the decision had nothing to do with ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
        So wait... They're cancelling the series because a few fans don't like the changes?

Undoubtably, the antis will bring ratings into this, which prove nothing since you can only speculate on whats causing them. Besides, Sci Fi has said the decision had nothing to do with ratings.
        Nope all they wanted was their record breaking year and said screw you to the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Cox

I disagree. I'm "kinda not glad it's ending" btw

Comment

No do not twist what i said. I said im not surprised. And I gave my oppinion.

I think they want to cut the show to try and put the money into something else. Who knows we may get something new and it will be different.

I think moving Battlestar didnt help ratings ether.

Comment

Theywon't cancel it if another network buys the rights!!
              I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by Cox
                i agree that mitchell was badly inserted, and that RDA did a lot both in front and behind the cameras. he's dearly missed, but i don't think he's entirely responsible for the (IMO) fall of the show of even mitchell's character. i can see why it's canceled, the writing was on the wall, and i think it deserved it (though not the timing and perhaps the lack of loyalty). i don't think the franchise deserves to die and i'd like another network to pick it up. if one does, i could do with some new writers as well. i'm glad TPTB now have a chance to revise the show (preferably reverting to the 1-8 version), and for that reason i'm glad it's ending. but i will be sad if no one picks it up (no movie, not mini-series, no third series).
                sigpic
                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                  Nope all they wanted was their record breaking year and said screw you to the fans.
                  Indeed! Their decision to axe SG-1 was solely money-based, not ratings or anything else. If it was because of ratings, SGA would be gone too. SGA is just cheaper for them to keep on the air, so they are, for now.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Cox
                    I agree. TPTB needs to be changed. There are a lot of kick butt eps. this season like Seteda and season tens opener. Although there is no need for the through away eps. anymore (for SG-1) It has been ten years now. We can do away with getting to know the characters back story. We know it.
                    I hopw it goes to a new network like the new MYTV or MYNETWORK that bought out UPN. (I think) If they do they need to take Vala of SG-1 and make it a military team again adding the military aspect of the show that people all love and miss.
                    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

DO NOT SAY END IT
                      i agree its lost a bit of its spark. charm and character but thats no basis for ending it
                      I will hear no more of such things
                      I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                        Indeed! Their decision to axe SG-1 was solely money-based, not ratings or anything else. If it was because of ratings, SGA would be gone too. SGA is just cheaper for them to keep on the air, so they are, for now.
                        I would like to agree with you on this Fifth. Although aren't there one team for both shows. Maybe that is wants wrong. SciFi is short changing them on the hole producing two shows paying little aspect. I think I remember reading something about this. TPTB wasn't pissed, they just thought they should get paid a little more for producing two shows. It was like a smart remark. Like we don't want money for two shows but one show a a quarter would be nice. (don't quote me on this)
                        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

you are either blind or just unwilling to accept the fact that after Season 8, everything was going down hill....along with their fast paced marketing campaign of Vala and Cameron. The voice of reason always prevails. SG-1 sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by shiznaw
                            you are either blind or just unwilling to accept the fact that after Season 8, everything was going down hill....along with their fast paced marketing campaign of Vala and Cameron. The voice of reason always prevails. SG-1 sucks.
                            None of us are blind or unwilling to accept your "opinion" not facts. The rules state to be kind to our opinions and not bash someone who has a different view. I have loved the show for 10 years and disagree that the show declined after season 8 or that Vala/Cam is to blame. Scfi is to blame. Please respect our opinions, very unfriendly.

Comment

Originally posted by shiznaw
                              As I recall the show was supposed to be cancelled in season 6.....too. This show was always in danger of getting cancelled.....even with RDA in it. It was because MGM decided to bypass primetime network TV the show survived at all..........
                              Last edited by dec55; 23 August 2006, 12:35 AM.
                              Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Working...
                              X