This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

200 ratings

1.9 close to my prediction. maybe if they continue scifi will their minds?

imo the only reason for such high ratings is maybe the furlings?
    A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

was the publicity
    Hallowed are the Ori !!!
    Follow the path of the Enlightment !
    Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

If they (Sci Fi) had done so with the first episodes of Season 10...
      the ratings would have been others, around this figure.
      School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Fifth
        was the publicity
        Exactly.

They have done a piss-poor job advertising new episodes this season. Just like what happened to Farscape.

Comment

Higher ratings wont make Sci Fi change their minds. The news of this cancellation at this time prooves that they don't want the show anymore. They knew 200 would be a ratings boost, and that would get rid of one of their reasons to cancel it. So they did it beforehand.

And I can't believe people actually think RDA is the reason for 200's ratings. Honestly, there are very few casual fans (i.e. the ones who matter to the ratings) who only watch a show for a certain character. Maybe the higher ratings are, y'know, due to the fact that almost every major news outlet had an article on it? Nah, you're right. It's probably cos RDA was in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
            Higher ratings wont make Sci Fi change their minds. The news of this cancellation at this time prooves that they don't want the show anymore. They knew 200 would be a ratings boost, and that would get rid of one of their reasons to cancel it. So they did it beforehand.

And I can't believe people actually think RDA is the reason for 200's ratings. Honestly, there are very few casual fans (i.e. the ones who matter to the ratings) who only watch a show for a certain character. Maybe the higher ratings are, y'know, due to the fact that almost every major news outlet had an article on it? Nah, you're right. It's probably cos RDA was in it.
            Well see, all those major outlets' stories led with something like SciFi did..."Richard Dean Anderson RETURNS to Stargate SG-1." So I'm thinkin' that played role.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey

Damn bureocrats! Ah well SG has had a great run, at least we won't have a throw a beer at the screen ending like Farscape.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Well see, all those major outlets' stories led with something like SciFi did..."Richard Dean Anderson RETURNS to Stargate SG-1." So I'm thinkin' that played role.

The Nielsen ratings are made up mostly by casual TV viewers, not hardcore obsessive ones. Casual viewers are not gonna see that headline and go ''OMG Jack's back in SG1!! He's so dreamy!! I stopped watching when he left but now I hope him and Sam get married and have loads of cute kids!! Squeeee!''

No, they'll see the article and think ''Hmmm... that sounds interesting. Think I'll watch that tonight''.

Perhaps RDA brought in some viewers who only watch for him, but that number is tiny enough as to be insignificant, especially when altered to include those with Nielsen boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                  Exactly.

They have done a piss-poor job advertising new episodes this season. Just like what happened to Farscape.
                  I couldn't agree more. Well said.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Your forgivin. I wish I could have read though. This forum is forgiving so don't worry about it. I do it every 6 months or so.
                    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Working...
                    X