This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Statement From Michael Shanks about SG1 Cancelled

Michael had his agent post a few words on his website www.michaelshanks-online.com saying

"Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. But I look at it as the closing of a chapter, not the whole story."

Come and visit the Daniel/ Vala Forum

SAVE SG-1 CLICK HERE TO SIGN PETITION

Ooh no Mister Shanks. We're not letting you ascend again that easily.

Comment

lol, althought the way he says it sounds like sg1 isnt over, could be implying the move to another network is in the future

Comment

Originally posted by michey
        Michael had his agent post a few words on his website www.michaelshanks-online.com saying

"Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. But I look at it as the closing of a chapter, not the whole story."
        See now we can have fun interpreting what Michael means.

So, closing of a chapter eh? Does he mean closing of a chapter of the franchise e.g. SG-1 is gone but the franchise will continue or the closing of this chapter in SG-1's history and moving on again to pastures new?
        sigpic
        by Kaaatie

Comment

lol, althought the way he says it sounds like sg1 isnt over, could be implying the move to another network is in the future
          As long as it goes on!
          *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
          Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

those last words are big end of a chapter not the whole story. mabe stargate comand really will be the next stargate

Comment

oh the interpretations are endless *does mr burns hannds whilst saying 'excellent'*

Comment

Please go to http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

To read a brief statement from Michael Shanks regarding the cancellation of Stargate: SG1 that I received from Michael Shanks publicist and was asked to post.

Marla
                ______
                Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Cool! Michael Shanks has indicated that the story will go on...
                  Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

I still remain positive based on what Michael says - the story will go on.......
                    Its not about whos right or wrong its about the debate!

Comment

Does he perhaps mean a chapter of his life and career, as his official site is for him, not SG?

Anyway, the whole thing is rather... poetic, maybe a bit of Daniel has rubbed off on him lol. Michael, if you read this, I wish you the best of luck in the future, and thank you for everything you have done over these last 10 years for us
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

His comment indicates that there are likely plans to continue SG-1 in some way (e.g. mini series, movie, tv movie, re-name the show (lol).) Hopefully any such ideas will become a reality.

Comment

Originally posted by lunarleviathan
                          His comment indicates that there are likely plans to continue SG-1 in some way (e.g. mini series, movie, tv movie, re-name the show (lol).) Hopefully any such ideas will become a reality.
                          thats how i interpreted it too.

Comment

Let Daniel come to Atlantis. It could use an archaeologist.

I want Weir to stay on SGA but Daniel would make an awesome leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon
                              I still remain positive based on what Michael says - the story will go on.......
                              I'm staying positive too. Hopefully the story will go on with all of them included.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X