This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried Emailing Sci fi?

I emailed em just now, i dont expect it to like change their mind or anything, but i had a bit of a complaint, told em im cancelling my subscription (which i am) and that i hope it moves to a cleverer tv station who can invest time in it to make it the show they want.

All sci fi needed to do was work out WHY the ratings were going down a bit, and improve upon it in that sense. Enough research and they could of changed a few things without spending any more money! Afew more off world missions with machine guns and what not might of been 1 improvement! since we have had almost like none in the past few seasons.

i emailed [email protected] but i dunno if its the best line to email. Im not trying to start a petition or anything although im sure someone will and il sign it for them! But i think that if ya show some feed back then they will know right?

I havnt seen a thread for this but there is probably one so sorry if there is

well before you cancel Sci-Fi you do know that they have renewed Atlantis. SG-1 and SGA ratings need to be high to increase the chance of a SG-1 movie or moving SG-1 to another network.

E-mailing them probally won't have much effect look at Enterprise a few years back . But atleast we have a chance of getting SG-1 onto a different station.
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter
      well before you cancel Sci-Fi you do know that they have renewed Atlantis. SG-1 and SGA ratings need to be high to increase the chance of a SG-1 movie or moving SG-1 to another network.

E-mailing them probally won't have much effect look at Enterprise a few years back . But atleast we have a chance of getting SG-1 onto a different station.
      i didnt say when i was cancelling it but of course in my email iv already done it blah blah blah they are dead to me. But nah il cancel it because im from England so i dont get SG on there anyway lol, but they dont know that, n they still get money from me for having it right? So meh il cancel it, continue getting SG1 elsewhere and barrage them with complaints.

Comment

I say again, Sci-Fi Channel is doing Terrorism with they people.

Go hell Sci-Fi.......
        Fabiano Klug
        O'neill say: I don't care.
        Stargate Brasil

Comment

By cancelling Sg-1 Prematurely, I think SciFi just shot themselfs in the foot. Not only with the networks ratings but with the Gate they renewed. I think Atlantis will take a major hit without Sg-1 before them.
          ---Shockwave04----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave04
            By cancelling Sg-1 Prematurely, I think SciFi just shot themselfs in the foot. Not only with the networks ratings but with the Gate they renewed. I think Atlantis will take a major hit without Sg-1 before them.
            SGA will do just fine for now. My opinion is that after this season they'll wrap it around BSG and Dr Who for Sci-Fi Friday... That will keep it going for at least a year or two..but sooner than later SGA will also die a premature death unless they get some of the writers from SG1.

As far as emailing Sci-Fi at this point it's a non-point. They've made a preliminary decision to not renew the show. NOW, that doesn't mean they won't change their minds but more than likely this is it.......

Comment

I'm sure the e-mail are flying in now.

And I'm sure the letter campaign is beginning.

Comment

Do any of you really think there's anybody even reading the email that gets sent to those sci-fi addresses? I think not. I've been waiting for a month for them to just send me a friggin confirmation email just to access the boards. I've sent several emails to various addresses trying to get help, to no avail.

If you want an effective letter campaign, do it in writing, snail mail style.

Comment

i emailed signed the petition and damanded the rest of my family do the same

ask ur friends too and theirs the get signing the petition even if they dont like the show if they love you they'd help save ur show!!!!

who has george bushes email? this displays how great america is and shows we'll fight terrorists no matter what planet their from!

SAVE STARGATE!!!!!! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html

http://strifetv.proboards101.com/

Comment

Originally posted by xxmynameismikexx
                    i emailed signed the petition and damanded the rest of my family do the same

ask ur friends too and theirs the get signing the petition even if they dont like the show if they love you they'd help save ur show!!!!

who has george bushes email? this displays how great america is and shows we'll fight terrorists no matter what planet their from!

Well said!

Comment

I tried to e-mail them, but I so hope that if Sci-Fi do not renew for season 11, then I hope that another network can buy the rights, please, please.
                      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
                        I tried to e-mail them, but I so hope that if Sci-Fi do not renew for season 11, then I hope that another network can buy the rights, please, please.
                        Good point. Five years on Showtime, and another five on SCIFI. Perhaps another network that will promote the show well can run it for at least one more year. Things are just getting better and better with this season.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity
                          Good point. Five years on Showtime, and another five on SCIFI. Perhaps another network that will promote the show well can run it for at least one more year. Things are just getting better and better with this season.
                          That's what I'm hoping for. For a network to pick it up for at least one more season. If it does well for them, hey, SG-1 may continue on for some time. If not, then at least we got an eleventh season out of the show.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Die Sci-Fi Die, and eat your destiny, (Sci-Fi)
                            Fabiano Klug
                            O'neill say: I don't care.
                            Stargate Brasil

Comment

Originally posted by Fabiano
                              Die Sci-Fi Die, and eat your destiny, (Sci-Fi)
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X