This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How should SG1 end???

As most of you already know it looks as though Sg-1 is over in it's current format anyway...so how do you think they should end the series???
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

I think it should end with some sort of ceremony... perhaps happy, perhaps sad. It should take place in the gate room of the SGC and include the entire cast... preferably along with Jack O'Neill and General Hammond.
    //

O'Neill: Phasers?
    Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

I think it should be the whole SGC staff fishing at O'neills cabin

Comment

I think it should end with us being accepted as the 5th race, we deserve it! But other than that i dont think it should end. Im so fed up with American tv companies!! They are so short sighted and irritating! I hope SG1 gets moved to a better tv station, perhaps more accessable so that the ratings go up. Iv had sci fi for 3 months over here in England and iv not watched it once!! (SG1 shows on sky 1 over here usually) Sci fi sucks as a channel IMO so yeah, i hope its picked up by someone better, dont you guys have sky 1 over there?

Sorry to go off topic! Yeah id finish it with SG1 being introduced to the other 4 races formally and us being accepted as the 5th race. Would be a good way of giving us a brief intro to the furlings and it IS the eventual thing we were going to earn.

Comment

How on earth can we be accepted as the fifth race!? Really? Tell me how, PLEASE.

THe alliance doesn't exist. The furlings are MIA, the Ancients are gone, all that's left are the Asgard and the Nox. And we ALREADY operate on a high level with the Asgard. They have an operative on one of our ships FCOL.

As for the Nox...

We are NOT ready to become "the fifth race" or whatever plausable equivilent because we have NOT grown as a people. Yeah, ok we kicked ass from time to time. This does not a great race, make. We still have wars between our countries, we're still driven by persona; profit, the world, is still crappy and self absorbed.

Back on topic.

However it ends, I'd like to see the return of O'Neill and Hammond.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I personally like the idea of Earth going Ori, and Atlantis being our last enclave working to defeat the wraith and asurians and have a spin off trying to liberate Earth, probally won't happen and it may ruin part of the charm of SG being that it could be happening now.
            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
              As most of you already know it looks as though Sg-1 is over in it's current format anyway...so how do you think they should end the series???
              It should end with

a) NO main characters dying. Sorry, been there, done that.
              b) NO cliffhanger - no earth in peril, etc. etc. I'd rather see it end nicely, with the entire team as it stands going through the gate to another adventure. Sick to death of 'edgy' endings. They're crap
              c) NO resolution to ship or anything like that. Yeah, that's heresy in some fandom corners, but if you do that, you screw movie potential, cuz happy couples do not exist in movies until the very end. Seen far too many TV movies that made that mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                How on earth can we be accepted as the fifth race!? Really? Tell me how, PLEASE.

THe alliance doesn't exist. The furlings are MIA, the Ancients are gone, all that's left are the Asgard and the Nox. And we ALREADY operate on a high level with the Asgard. They have an operative on one of our ships FCOL.

As for the Nox...

We are NOT ready to become "the fifth race" or whatever plausable equivilent because we have NOT grown as a people. Yeah, ok we kicked ass from time to time. This does not a great race, make. We still have wars between our countries, we're still driven by persona; profit, the world, is still crappy and self absorbed.

Back on topic.

However it ends, I'd like to see the return of O'Neill and Hammond.

This is why its too early to cancel SG1! Kinda my point. The eventual end of SG1 SHOULD be us being the 5th race but it wont happen. Essentially we are spending all our damn time saving the galaxy while all these other races, Nox, Ancient, Asgaurd sit back n watch (furlings too if they arnt extinct!) All 4 of these races arnt interfearing with the Ori or anything, we defeated the Go'auld, the Replicators, save planets every week etc etc. All they did was reach a level of technology which made them superior to others and decided to form an alliance of 4 which are sposed to be helping!

Comment

Not just technology. WISDOM.

Why does everyone forget about wisdom and the importance of it.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

nah it should end the way 2010 played out. just without the aschen... we defeat the Ori (with a little help ofc) make the galaxy a safe place and disclose the stargate and the true nature of the galaxy to the world.

SG1 retire and all go separate ways. The gate becomes a means for galaxtic colonisation of large organisations such as "the microsoft homeworld" and "Virgin Galactic refuling station"

Comment

Not just technology. WISDOM.

Why does everyone forget about wisdom and the importance of it.
                      Is it wise to let the Ori ravage an entire galaxy when you have the tech to stop them? Earth doesnt have the tech, but they know its wise to try and stop them! I think we are probably one of the wiser races!!! The asguard needed our help all the bleedin time n they are part of it.

Comment

Earth is not wise. Really. We're just a little pluckier. And the Asgard have been working to stop them as well.

It's just the Nox who don't. They have their own ways of surviving.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

If wisdom means becoming arrogant and preaching stuff to other races only to get your ass kicked by some race I'd rather not have it..

Comment

Earth is not wise. Really. We're just a little pluckier. And the Asgard have been working to stop them as well.

It's just the Nox who don't. They have their own ways of surviving.
                            Well we arnt "wise" i spose, but technically one very small percentage of Earth (the SGC) has done more in 10 years, than the entire asguard race in their technologically advanced and wise state! I spose if they were to have another season they could include like the stargate program being revealled to the public etc.

I get what your saying though, i dont think we should debate here as the thread starter probably intended it to mean season 10 ending etc and im kind of saying it'l end on its own in a few seasons.

Comment

Ok fair enough, but we didn't ACTUALLY come up with the tech. We were given it.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X