X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Fans We Must Fight

Ladies and gentlefans,

This is my first post ever on gateworld, i have never thought it apporpriate to add input, so many views of such a wide variety were expressed that i felt content be a silent part of this community. I do not live in America but i still however regularly watch stargate and as much as the series here is almost a year behind. But that today that is not the point.

Today it is the point that the show we have grown up with, from which for the last near ten years has brought joy on a weekly dose has been viciously axed by a channel that it has done much for, as I know that many here moved from many other series such as star trek or recently farscape.

SO NOW I ASK THAT THOSE TRUE FANS IN AMERICA FIGHT FOR STARGATE THAT IF SG-1 IS TO GO DOWN THEN THE SCIFI CHANNEL MUST KNOW THAT ITS OTHER SHOWS WILL BE AFFECTED.

I ASK FOR A SIMPLE BOYCOTT - A SILENT PROTEST - A SIGN THAT WE AS FANS ARE HERE AND ARE WILLING TO STAND OUR GROUND
    Last edited by Talis-_-; 22 August 2006, 02:49 AM.

Ditto to that dude!
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound as they fly bye" Douglas Adams

Comment

I completely agree that we must fight, but it is not yet the time to boycot Skiffy. For now, the best thing everyone can do is watch SG1 and SGA! Get those reatings up, show our support to the show. This will make it easier for MGM to find a new channel to take on SG1 (and hopefully SGA too).
      *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

Firstly, welcome to Gateworld!

Secondly, I sympathise with your sentiment, but we're trying to keep the proliferation of cancellation discussion threads to a minimum (easier for everyone to read a couple of threads than wade through lists of hundreds!). Therefore I'm gonna refer you to this thread to discuss how fandom can encourage SciFi to reverse their decision, and I'm going to close this thread

Comment

Working...
        X