This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know how far filming has gone?

Anyone know what episode they're up to in filming season ten?

Is there still be enough time for the writers and producers to wrap things up, or has SciFiChannel pulled another FARSCAPE and left a popular show ending on a cliffhanger with no resolution due to cancellation?

Seeing as how they're gonna go on hiatus in September and resume airing in March, I'd say there's plenty of episodes they haven't filmed yet.

Comment

I believe they've already done 17 episdoes, but there is a 6 month hiatus, they could possibly revisit some of those episodes...although they shouldn't have to
      I do not believe you are well. You called me... "Lucy"

Comment

They have the script for 17 but I think they only have filmed like 13 or 14.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

According to the GW feature on the cancellation the remaining 10 episodes will be shown, starting March. So seems by that they'll show up to Bad Guys and that will be it. Which doesn't look good for any kind of decent ending. But, then, if they're still harbouring hopes for continuing the franchise in a movie format, they'd want to leave the series open-ended anyway.

Of course, things are probably pretty fluid right now and what's being said now is subject to change at any point.

ETA: Looks like the GW feature has been changed slightly since I read it yesterday. Now it's the second half of the season beginning March. So who knows? I can't see Sci-Fi spending money on filming episodes to the season end, if they've cancelled the show. So I suppose it's a case of wait and see.

Albion
          Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

10 last i heard, but there is time for them to slap a cliffhanger on the ass end of season 10 when it goes out, if talk of cancellation is true and due to the volume of worried fans I'm inclide to panic too then i say to TPTB o put a CH on the end to prompt a return or movie even a TV movie to wrap things up, if SGA is as good as fans say then that if it isn't affected by the news will stand on it's own two feet and leave SG1 behind, then the talk of a new series may well happen?
            For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
              According to the GW feature on the cancellation the remaining 10 episodes will be shown, starting March. So seems by that they'll show up to Bad Guys and that will be it. Which doesn't look good for any kind of decent ending. But, then, if they're still harbouring hopes for continuing the franchise in a movie format, they'd want to leave the series open-ended anyway.

Of course, things are probably pretty fluid right now and what's being said now is subject to change at any point.

Albion
              You misread. They are talking about the remaing 10 after Quest.

Comment

You misread. They are talking about the remaing 10 after Quest.
                Ah. Which only proves I haven't been paying attention this year, since losing interest in the 'new' show.

Glad to hear, though, that it appears those who have been enjoying S10 will get the full season, at least.

Albion
                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                  They have the script for 17 but I think they only have filmed like 13 or 14.
                  More. According to Stargate SG-1 Solutions blog episode 17th goes before the cameras this Friday, August 25th to September 5th. And the whole filming concludes on October 10th, just the day before Claudia Black's birthday, so I'm hoping that as her bday gift Claudia will get a role in the new season (on another network hopefully), a new spinoff (also on another network hopefully), I just can't imagine Stargate without Vala.
                  T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

if they've only filmed 13 or 14, they can comfortably delete the thus-far soft scripts, and make the series go out with a bang. it'd seem unconvincing though for SG-1 to defeat the ori by the end of season 10, yet atlantis won't have defeated the wraith by then, which would beg the question what makes the wraith so much tougher than the lantians and the priors...

Comment

Well, the season 10 finale will probably not be written to be a series finale. Everyone intends to bring SG1 over to another network or make a movie, in which case there will be time to resolve the whole Ori thing.
                      *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

From what I read in another article, they were waiting on filming the last 1 or 2 eps of both SG-1 and Atlantis to see if they were going to get cancelled. I'm sure that, now that word has been given that SG-1 is cancelled and Atlantis renewed, SG-1 is resorting to their series finale contingency script and Atlantis has probably just started filming their last eps.

Comment

Yeh they are probably just filming half way through episodes 11-20. They probably haven't written the stories for episodes 19 and 209 becuase they do not know what will happen, if another network snaps them up then they will carry on!!
                          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor
                            Well, the season 10 finale will probably not be written to be a series finale. Everyone intends to bring SG1 over to another network or make a movie, in which case there will be time to resolve the whole Ori thing.
                            I agree. The Ori storyline shouldn't be wrapped up at the end of this season. Leave it open for a future project or season in the future.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                              I agree. The Ori storyline shouldn't be wrapped up at the end of this season. Leave it open for a future project or season in the future.
                              Only one problem with that. I am remembering the disater that ABC did to fans (me included) with promising a fifth season of Lois and Clark and then just one week boom its gone and we don't see the last five eps of the series to almost 6 months later. While I loved the show and even the final episode they wrote it with the intent of it being a cliffhanger and never were able to compleate it.

Comment

Working...
                              X