This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A nod to Slash fans in "200"?

Am I the only one who picked up on the nods to us Slash fans in "200"?

Ok, so the Slash fan in me turned "Jack asked specifically for you to do this" (Landry talking to Daniel, and Daniel only, because Daniel said "Why am I doing this") and Daniel's "Of course he did" into a Slashy thing, but there was an obvious nod to us Slashers during the wedding scene.

Daniel said that unless Sam arrived soon, people were going to think that he and Jack were the ones getting married.

So I'm thinking, the writers obviously know that Jack and Daniel are very popular characters to Slash and threw that in to please us. As if to say "We know you're out there. Enjoy."

Excuse my ignorance, but whats a slash fan? I'm really curious.

Comment

Slash is man/man or female/female relationships. Like if you were a fan of a supposed Jack/Daniel relationship, you'd be a Slash fan.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII

Ok, so the Slash fan in me turned "Jack asked specifically for you to do this" (Landry talking to Daniel, and Daniel only, because Daniel said "Why am I doing this") and Daniel's "Of course he did" into a Slashy thing, but there was an obvious nod to us Slashers during the wedding scene.

Daniel said that unless Sam arrived soon, people were going to think that he and Jack were the ones getting married.

So I'm thinking, the writers obviously know that Jack and Daniel are very popular characters to Slash and threw that in to please us. As if to say "We know you're out there. Enjoy."
        Ooh no... I squeed when I saw it, and didn't they look good together. Now just waits for Rodney/John to have their little slashy moment in the sun at a wedding... in 7 years time.

Spoilery cap...

Spoiler:

Comment

I demand we have a McShep wedding already at SGA's 100!

Comment

Of course not. It was discussed extensively in the thread for discussing the episode. Did you really expect the answer to this question to be 'yes'?

Albion
            Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
              Of course not. It was discussed extensively in the thread for discussing the episode. Did you really expect the answer to this question to be 'yes'?

Albion
              Those episode discussion threads are waaaay too cluttered so I don't read all of it >_>'. I saw, like, 1 post about Slash .

Comment

I don't slash anyone in Stargate, I don't really ship anyone either with the exception of Sam/Jack. I kinda just go with what canon goes with in Stargate...

But I was *very* amused by the wedding scene slash homage. If I *did* slash anyone it would be Jack/Daniel, as the potential is there, what with their closeness and banter, but I prefer not to.

I really don't see the "Of course he did" bit being slashy at all though, I think that's reaching a little.

(On a side note. Whilst I can see potential slash in SG1, I've never been able to see it in SGA, not even between Shep and McKay.)

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I think it was a deliberate referance for slashers.
                  Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                  http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

http://media.putfile.com/Thing-62-28 (Putfile)
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pIfgZqTcLc (Youtube)
                    Thing! Thing!

BTW, Teal'c is a slut. First Christopher Judge says he's marrying Jack in 300 and then he says we were supposed to see Jack and Teal'c finally kiss in 200! That slut!

Comment

http://media.putfile.com/Thing-62-28 (Putfile)
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pIfgZqTcLc (Youtube)
                      Thing! Thing!

BTW, Teal'c is a slut. First Christopher Judge says he's marrying Jack in 300 and then he says we were supposed to see Jack and Teal'c finally kiss in 200! That slut!
                      A slut for kissing his future husband? Then what does that make Carter?

Comment

So I'm thinking, the writers obviously know that Jack and Daniel are very popular characters to Slash
                        Definitely that was the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Tekin_Kashami
                          A slut for kissing his future husband? Then what does that make Carter?
                          But he's going to marry Jack in 300!

Comment

... there was an obvious nod to us Slashers during the wedding scene.
                            Yeah. It was obvious and quite amusing. They referenced so many fandoms/preferences throughout the whole ep. I thought the jokes were cute.

I don't think it's ever been a secret to the writers that slash fans exist. They and the actors have been getting asked questions about it since year one practically.

Comment

While I am not a "slash fan", I did think it was a pretty funny moment in "200" between Jack and Daniel.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X