This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Three Moons Over Milford" Discussion Thread

New show about the moon getting hit by a comet and blasting into 3 pieces and life on Earth as a result of a possible end of life as we know it if the moon pieces fall to Earth.

Filmed in my hometown Ladner, BC.
    Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

does nobody watch this show at all? I started watching it when I found out half of it is filmed in my hometown.
    Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

When did it begin airing? I wanted to check it out but I guess I must have missed the premier.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

About three weeks ago. The premiere was available for free on iTunes a little while back, I don't know if it still is.
        Otherwise US based posters can watch it over the interweb here on ABC Family's website.

I'm quite enjoying the show. It's light and pretty funny for the most of it, and I'm glad they seem to be cutting back on the sentimental family moments which took over the last five minutes of the pilot and second episode.

And for a Stargate link you can spend entire episodes playing spot the actors. Oh, and Corin Nemec is going to be in one of the episodes later on.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
          About three weeks ago. The premiere was available for free on iTunes a little while back, I don't know if it still is.
          Otherwise US based posters can watch it over the interweb here on ABC Family's website.

I'm quite enjoying the show. It's light and pretty funny for the most of it, and I'm glad they seem to be cutting back on the sentimental family moments which took over the last five minutes of the pilot and second episode.

And for a Stargate link you can spend entire episodes playing spot the actors. Oh, and Corin Nemec is going to be in one of the episodes later on.
          In the first episode, I thought the characters were a bit stupid but in the next few episodes, I think some of the problems I saw got solved... like the relationship btw Alex and the girl.

Comment

I downloaded the pilot off of iTunes when it first came out but haven't seen it yet. Does the show cover one family or several different characters throughout the town?
            "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
            The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Mostly one family and about 2/3 other main characters.

Comment

Originally posted by RedGuard
                I downloaded the pilot off of iTunes when it first came out but haven't seen it yet. Does the show cover one family or several different characters throughout the town?
                Basically, there's a main family and several other characters with relations with that family. The following is what I told my friend when talking about the main chars after watching the pilot only via MSN (this is word for word):

The Father (Carl Davis) - He's the CEO of a big company and then he goes all Monk on the family and eventually leaves for the 7 continents to climb to the top peaks... and leave the family with basically nothing... he leaves the wife with the company stocks... but they're useless since the wife can't sell them...
                The Mother (Laura Davis) - The wife has a bit of sense? She tries to convince her husband to come back to the family and she tries to hold the family together.. and when the family servant takes quite a bit of the family jewelery, etc to leave for NY to be an opera singer... she's like "ok... w/e... she's just following her dreams"...but she does go "which 2 watches did she take?" .... I like the Wife
                The daughter (Lydia Davis) - She and her friends practice witchcraft in the school gym and burn down the school. like hello? if you're going to play with fire, don't do it at school Also she had the gall to lie to the sheriff in front of her mother about it.
                The son (Alex Davis) - He is definately spoiled. He doesn't listen to rules either. BUT he is smart. He's 15 but turns 16 in the pilot... and even before he's 16, he wants to drive, and he basically scares his mother when he drives the car home from school... and then his mother forbids him to drive his father's Jeep... yet he does and then while he's driving, he meets this definately 21+ yr old woman (Claire Ling) who wants him to help him drown a mouse...she asks if she's on a break from college and he says "sort of yes"... he tries to avoid the questions because he's 16... she works at his father's company and is working on Matrix algebra... he helps her rewrite an algorithm to make it faster... and while they doing it, she can't resist him and pushes him down on the couch and kisses him... like hello?? he's 16 he's underage... she doesn't even ask him how old he is... and she says "oh you have a teenage boy face"... he replies "do you have a problem with that?" and she's like "nope."

^ That was the impression I got after watching the Pilot.

However, some of those views have changed a bit. The son isn't as spoiled as he seems. The daughter is an easily trusting person. The mother wants to be a romantic. From the way I see it, there are 5 main characters, maybe 6. They are: Laura Davis, Lydia Davis and Alex Davis.... and the town lawyer Albert "Mack" McIntyre (whom Laura works for now to make a living), Claire Ling (Alex's gf), and the 6th main character could be Michelle Graybar ( the real estate girl... i'm not sure about her)

Comment

i know it's not "real" SF, but it caught my attention and i kinda like it.
                  makes you think what would you do if something like that happens... since we always talk about big asteroid hitting earth and killing everything on it, there was no discussion about what would happen in case like described in this show.

that makes it unique. and TBH, there are some thing i didnt expect to see on US TV named "ABC family"....

what you think about it?
                  VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

That thread is here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33648

Comment

ooops.. sorry, should have used search
                      VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

i like it.... it's not "real" SF, but makes you wonder what would you do if that happened. imagine it, moon split in 3 pieces and waiting for one to hit the earth...

how would YOU react?... that's what got my attention.
                        VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

I only saw the pilot, it was alright. I was hoping they would of shown the moon getting nailed. It did move rather quickly with Carl, but other than that I thought the show was different, in a good way. It has a slight science fiction twist to a family comedy/drama. I was hesitating watching this show but I wouldn't mind catching the other episodes. I'm just not a fan of the family type of shows.

Comment

Working...
                          X