Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Best part of the Puppets (Spoilers 200)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Best part of the Puppets (Spoilers 200)

I have to say the best part of the entire show was the puppet segment, and not just because of how funny it was to see them in Team America style marionettes, but also because of teh following:

WE actually got to see a re-telling (however comedic) of the STARGATE MOVIE using SG-1! We got to see Michael Shanks send-up the Dainel Jackson of the film, what with the drawing on the screens ("do you have any screens showing details of these symbols?") and we also got to see RDA send himself up (the puppet's gesture was genius), as well as the entire show send its own premiere episode up.

All in all, this was just so rewarding to see -- finally a retelling of the events of the film in an SG-1 way. Now of course it was a parody and full of hilarious lines -- best line from the entire show was "We found the ring in the sand..." but this part actually got to me, it was just an awesome sort of tip of the hat to the film/show amalgamation... I for one was actually moved!

And super kudos to Don S. Davis for so awesomely parodying himself....

but I repeat -- I LOVED how this was a mash-up of the first SG-1 episode and the events of the film, which I've always wanted to see re-done with SG-1's cast.

The puppet sequence was great. But I also loved the Farscape reference, the invisible scene, zombies, etc..... You get my drift. I loved it all.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The best part of the puppets?

It's a tie.

Either:

The bit with the scribbles on the board, the locating of the seventh symbol and Walter's "I'm so stupid" comment... perfect take off of the film, since they had 39 symbols to chose from and already knew the first 6...

Or:

Hammond: Sergeant; Make it spin.
      Walter: S... sir. It doesn't spin.
      Hammond: What? It has to spin. It's round. Look. Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the General, and I want it to spin. Now!
      Son, do you know what colour this phone is?
      - General Hammond

Comment

Were they actual for real puppets or CGI puppets?
        Not that it really matters -- they were hilarious – especially when they went though the gate and the strings got cut – I laughed so hard I almost spilled my bourbon…and I never waste bourbon!

Comment

Working...
        X