This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more and more random eps? why?

are the wraith so limitless that they can only fill half a season with a wraith story line? and the rest with random events/side storys and other crap that after its watched its never refered to againa nd is forgotton?

Lets knock off the replicators and toss two episodes at that. which will have no impact aside from making us MORE enemys!! yayy..

I mean the stories are good but how bout we stick to one story. As thats the issue they are stretching them selves and the show is hurting for it.

sg-1 keeps side tracking also which is annoying. i thought ep 200 would be a pivot episode in the fight. nut a spoof.

i am just getting disapointed..
    anyone else notcing these random story lines poping up more often? or is it just me?

Originally posted by takagari
    i thought ep 200 would be a pivot episode in the fight. nut a spoof.
    Why would you think that? it has been advertised as nothing but a spoof for ages. The writers and producers said they wanted to do something outside of the box for even longer. episode 100 was spoofy, episode 200 would be even spoofier.

and no, i don't think they are popping up more often, no more than all the previous seasons anyway. Most episodes are somehow related to the Wraith or the Ori, even if the reference is just going to a planet to look for the san graal or something.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

This is how its been for most the seasons of Sg1. They deal with there main problem at first which was the Goa'uld but also from time to time deal with other episodes that gave us something other to think about the same thing week after week.
      May the force be with you

Comment

Hang on weren't people complaining that season 9 was too arky? now people are complaining about stand alone eps... make your mind up people TPTB's heads will explode if you guys carry on like this
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Story arcs are good as they involve the viewer more but they need stand alone episodes to explore other stories. And 200 was advertised and expected from the start to be a fun episode like Wormhole Xtreeme was. I think that 200 episodes is a big achivement and they needed to show that it was. The episode was for the fans and spoke about alot of stuff fans have talked about.
          Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

To be honest with tyou everyone knew that the 200th would be a non stargate episode! But I do agree they are doing more and more individual episodes whichI do not prefer, but in season 9 and 10 so far they have had a lot of different story lines but do mention a link with the Ori, so I think give it a season more and we will get used to to it!!
            I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
              But I do agree they are doing more and more individual episodes whichI do not prefer, but in season 9 and 10 so far they have had a lot of different story lines but do mention a link with the Ori, so I think give it a season more and we will get used to to it!!
              Compared to early seasons, they're getting more and more arc-focused. It's like they're flirting with going to a serialized format, a la Lost or 24. I'd rather that Stargate gets back to doing more self contained stories.

a time to mourn

Comment

Basically they are delving more into the characters.

Comment

um i'm pretty sure that for the first, what, 6 seasons of SG-1, the majority of the episodes were start/finish separate stories. some had overlying stories intertwined in the background once in a while, but the major of the episodes were stand alone.

thats the way it should...be.......

Comment

Working...
                  X