This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Gripe About 200.

I know that the "Jack turns invisible" story probably wasn't a real mission however I think that they shouldn't have overlooked the fact that Teal'c never had hair when the SGC was under Hammond's command... bald caps aren't an expensive makeup peice.

Otherwise that sequence was possibly my favorite of the episode and I would love if they went back and retold it as a full episode including a bald Teal'c, with Jack and Hammond appearing.

Who says he didn't maybe he had it once..

Comment

yes maybe he had hair for a short time and shaved it off really quickly before the next episode!
      Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

If thats the case Jack wouldn't have said in New Order "Teal'c.. whats with the hair" he would have said "Teal'c... you've got hair again" or something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords
          I know that the "Jack turns invisible" story probably wasn't a real mission however I think that they shouldn't have overlooked the fact that Teal'c never had hair when the SGC was under Hammond's command... bald caps aren't an expensive makeup peice.

Otherwise that sequence was possibly my favorite of the episode and I would love if they went back and retold it as a full episode including a bald Teal'c, with Jack and Hammond appearing.
          good catch
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

yeah good catch i thoguht something seemed odd when he hadd hair.. but wasnt too sure nice!

Comment

No, no, no. Don't you understand that the continuity fairy was sacked at the start of S9? Along with that AF guy who checked scripts out for military accuracy? Continuity doesn't count any more. So it's a bit much to expect some quality these days.

Yes, I know what you're going to say - "But, that's what made SG1 so special for eight seasons. That they cared enough to get the details right and related back to what happened in previous episodes/seasons."

Sorry, but it seems the Boys at Bridge no longer give two hoots for detail these days. Afraid you'll have to get used to these kinds of bloopers. Clearly, the mantra at Bridge now is:

TPTB #1: But...wasn't Teal'c bald back then? Shouldn't we, you know, have him in makeup for half an hour, get him fixed up so he matches?

TPTB #2: Aw, who cares? Viewers are idiots, they'll never notice. Just blow something up or have Mitchell take his shirt off, that'll distract them!

Albion (I'm sorry...was that sarcastic? I tend to get that way when I'm treated dumb by a show.)
              Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Actually fellow fans I have a BIG GRIPE about 200. Let me first say that I love this show, I've been a fan since episode one on Showtime ten years ago. I'm glad that the show has been on for ten years and I'm glad they've made it to 200 episodes.
                The gripe I have with 200 is that I think the writers were lazy the week that this episode was written which is why the episode was pure garbage and a waiste of time.
                Why did we have to endure another stupid wormhole extreme episode? I'd much rather have seen an episode with a cross over to Stargate Atlantis like the one we saw a few weeks ago.
                Were they hinting that there might actually be a Stargate SG1 movie on the horizon? if so, that's good news, provided they don't write the same kind of junk they fed us in episode 200. I'm sure most of you will say that you enjoyed this episode, if so, I'm glad for you. I didn't enjoy it and I hope that if they reach episode 300 (and I do hope they do) they'll do a better job writing that episode's script.
                Captain James T. Kirk
                USS ENTERPRISE NCC 1701-A

Comment

i have to agree with kirk

As far as thinking the ep was garbage i wont go that far. But I was not happy with it At all. i was exspecting something big to happen. a turning point. some one dies or returns or something (aside form jack as that was bound to happen lol)

the wormhole extreme was horrible i hate the idea that they think a real life power rangers would pass for 10 years.

if WX lasted 10 seasons at its quality.. then sg-1 should hit 30 huh? maybe 40?

I do also hope the movie note was a hint to a sg-1 movie. but who knows.

Babylon 5 had what 5 movies? star trek's got like 12. why can't we get one damnit!!

Comment

i was expecting something badass for 200 a real stroy with replicators, the mounting blowing up, the furlings and such. it was kinda a let down it some ways but it was really the funniest episode they've had it'll prob bring in some new fans becoz now people that saw it as very serious have seen their funny side its like their way of saying omg we made it too 200! get in there!!! and showing us a little behind the scenes stuff

sod teal'c's hair not being factural its not that imporant

and they've giving us 199 awsome episodes before now
                    add that with atlantis 46 eps so far
                    they've giving us in whole 246 stargate epsiodes and they've got alot more comming =]

hallowed are the makers of stargate!

SAVE STARGATE!!!!!! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html

http://strifetv.proboards101.com/

Comment

True indeed!
                      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by Albion

TPTB #1: But...wasn't Teal'c bald back then? Shouldn't we, you know, have him in makeup for half an hour, get him fixed up so he matches?

TPTB #2: Aw, who cares? Viewers are idiots, they'll never notice. Just blow something up or have Mitchell take his shirt off, that'll distract them!

Albion (I'm sorry...was that sarcastic? I tend to get that way when I'm treated dumb by a show.)
                        Huh, if they treated you like that they wouldn't give you the explanation on why explosions are an important part of the show or what's hanging the lantern, but i guess you have to be able to laugh at yourself. I love the explosions, my fave bits usually.
                        They also explain you why they can't do a standone ship episode, as it would torture the male Sci Fi audience. Don't take it personnally they just made a special episode with everything you ever wanted, and at same time they give you insight on how they operate and show they can laugh at themselves with Marty's character and the perception that some people have from them, so chill, you are badly misunderstanding.

Comment

you have got to be kidding me, this is your gripe? ..... Yea I dont even know what to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain James T. Kirk
                            Actually fellow fans I have a BIG GRIPE about 200. Let me first say that I love this show, I've been a fan since episode one on Showtime ten years ago. I'm glad that the show has been on for ten years and I'm glad they've made it to 200 episodes.
                            The gripe I have with 200 is that I think the writers were lazy the week that this episode was written which is why the episode was pure garbage and a waiste of time.
                            Why did we have to endure another stupid wormhole extreme episode? I'd much rather have seen an episode with a cross over to Stargate Atlantis like the one we saw a few weeks ago.
                            Were they hinting that there might actually be a Stargate SG1 movie on the horizon? if so, that's good news, provided they don't write the same kind of junk they fed us in episode 200. I'm sure most of you will say that you enjoyed this episode, if so, I'm glad for you. I didn't enjoy it and I hope that if they reach episode 300 (and I do hope they do) they'll do a better job writing that episode's script.
                            The writers were definately not lazy. In fact, I think that's an insult. Hmmm...I thought we couldn't insult TPTB, or was that just the actors?

Originally posted by Albion

No, it's actually,

TPTB #2: No, I trust that the fans will take it with light-spirits and remember that Stargate has never been completely serious.

Alas, their trust was woefully misplaced.

Comment

Quit whining ,,,,,the show was just a break from the routine for them,,,a fun show to do which I found funny,,,in reality the show is just for entertainment,,,it is not real life....Just relax and enjoy.....

Comment

Working...
                              X