Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think its time to Replace the entire writing staff and producers at SG1

This is part of the problem with the show. And why ratings are continuing going down. They give us substandard shows, and they dont satisfy the heart of the gatehead fans. What are the plots we keep asking for and never fullfilled. Ancient alliance, nox origins, the furlings, the return of the tollans, and it goes on. if it was within my influence I would make a move to replace the current writing staff and producers. And add people who would listen to fans. if you think I am wrong, look at the ratings. They are falling off a cliff, and within a year a decision would have to made. to cancel sg1 for sg1 movies or continue with the show. So writers and producers of stargate, you know what I am saying is the truth and time is running out. Stop with this nonsense of not wanting to look back at plot lines that past writers wrote. and finish them, it what we want.

Could it simply be that no show is sustainable indefiantely?

Nope, must be the writers fault!

Who is "we" anyway?

Comment

Absolutly not.

Comment

Yeah, who exactly is this "we?"

I know I love the show, and have enjoyed season 9-10 immensely.

Comment

Yes, I don't really like you speaking on my behalf thanks.

Season 10 is great, so far I have enjoyed every episode.

I think some things need to remain a mystery, and left up to the viewers imagination. Also, if you try to fit the entire Nox history (a race that has obviosuly been around for many thousands of years) into a 42 minute episode, it will make very little sense.
          An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

I think the shows are great , Yes there are alot of QUESTIONS that i would love to have Answers to . I still think the writters do a great job keeping me coming back and watching ever week ...

You think of it , they talked about the Furlings and this Great Alliance back in SEASON 1 , and to this day we are still wondering what it was about and who the Furling are ... Hoping that someday they would explain all this to us ...

Here is my list of QUESTIONS for the Writters ....

Alliance Questions ...
            1. What was this great Alliance like ?
            2. How id this Great Alliance start ?
            3. Why hasnt SG-1 or SG-C ask the Asgards about this Great Alliance ?
            4. If Daniel had Ernest Littlefield NOTES from this Great meeting place of the Four great races , Why havnt they found Gate Address to other PLANETS that they might have meet at ?
            5. Or why havnt they found the HOME WOLRD Address to Four Great Races ( Noxs , Furlings and the Ancients ?
            6. When was this great alliance formed ?
            7. How did they all meet ?
            8. Did this GREAT ALLIANCE have Enemies that could have brought them together ?
            9. What kind of technology did they share ?

Noxs Questions .....
            1. Why havnt SG-1 ever gone back to the Noxs home world ?
            2. Do the Noxs know what is going on this Galaxy with the Ori ?
            3. Where the Noxs wipped out with the Tollans ?
            4. Could the Noxs have helped the Tollans surrive Anubis attack ?
            5. Are the Noxs part of this Galaxy or from a diffrent Galaxy ?
            6. Where the Noxs always a Peaceful Race ?
            7. Was the Noxs City Ship designed or even inspired by the Ancients ?
            8. Did the Noxs inhadit other planets in the Milky Way Galaxy ?
            9. Are we ever going to see the Noxs again ?
            10. Do the Noxs know about Ascention , or know how to Ascend ?

Asgards Questions ....
            1. What happened to the Asgards 60 thousand years ago ?
            2. Why didnt they get help from one of the Other Great Races ?
            3. Will the Asgards ever find a cure to there Cloning problem ?
            4. Do the Asgards still have the KNOWLEDGE of what happened to this great Alliance ?
            5. Will we see the Asgards New Home Planet ?
            6. What was Thor doing in the End of Season 9 right before the Attack of the Ori ?
            7. Do the Asgards keep in contact with the Noxs and the Others of this Great Alliance ?
            8. Has any of the Asgards ever Ascended ?

Furling Questions .....
            1. Will we ever get to meet this RACE for Real ( Not the 200th thing please )
            2. Did the Furlings come from this galalxy ?
            3. What kind of technology did they have ?

Ancient in the Milky Way Galaxy Questions ......
            1. When did they first come to this Galaxy ?
            2. How many stayed behind after the PLAGUE hit them ?
            3. Did they ever find out what this PLAGUE was ?
            4. How many Ancient lived in the Milky Way Galaxy ?
            5. Why did they choose this Galaxy ?
            6. Did they leave any SHIPS in the Milky Way Galaxy ?
            7. Could there be a CITY SHIPS in the MWG ?

Ancient in the Pegasus Galaxy Questions .....
            1. How many CITY SHIPS did they have ?
            2. Did the Ancients create a NEW GREAT ALLIANCE in the PG ?
            3. Did the Ancietns keep incontact with there Allies while in the PG ?
            4. Did all the Ancients leave to the MWG during the attack of the Wraith ?
            5. Could Some of the Ancients still be alive in the PG ?

Ancients return to the MWG Questions ....
            1. Did any of there Transporter Ships make it to the MWG ?
            2. Did any of the other Ancients leave the MWG for Some other galaxy out there to start a new ?
            3. Did the Ancients ever contact there Allies after returning to the MWG ?

Ascention Questions .....
            1. Where the Ancient the first to learn about Ascention ?
            2. What other RACES Ascended on there own ?
            3. Who created the RULES that the Ascended beings must follow ?
            4. What did Daniel mean by Ascnetion it the first step to the true path of enlitement ?
            5. Will we ever get to see the HIGHER Plan ?

Other Questions .....
            1. Will we get to meet the Gaint Alien Race Again ?
            2. Are there other Goa'ulds out there that could be a bigger threat to earth ?
            3. What is the 9th Chevron for ?
            4. Will SG-C get some bigger badder weapons and technology ?
            5. Will Atlantis ever get a good supply of ZPMs ?

This is all the question that i would like to have Answered , but I love the WAY the SHOW is going , and hope ever week that i get something Answered ... Even if I Dont i still LOVE this show , and will watch it tell the SHOW is no more ... and then ill jsut have to RE-WATCH then on DVD again and again ....

I do like the way the Writters are taking this season , and love the fact that the Ori are one enemy that SG-1 just beat like that ... I would like too see more Enemies come out from some other Galaxy , but at the same time I want to see the Ori just kick some butt for now ....

Comment

I don't think it's time to replace the entire producing and writing staff. I just think it's time they looked at what made them successful, respect it and honor it. Sometimes, it's impossible to reinvent the wheel, and while I have enjoyed S10, it doesn't compare to S1-8. And S9 was mostly dreadful, IMHO. From a business standpoint, you'd think they'd be asking why, and trying to recreate the formula that made them successful. And if that means luring Anderson back, I say it's worth every penny. He's still the glue that makes the other pieces stick together.

I think this show has the potential to go on indefinitely, but if they don't get the ratings back up soon, they're gonna be out of business.

Comment

Personally, I think the Ori could've been a great enemy, but I think it didn't work out because I really wasn't all that scared of them after a while. The Goa'uld were terrifying for a long time, but when SG-1 just started killing them left and right all the time, they stopped seeming all that powerful and became less scary to me. Hence, the entrance of the Ori.

When it stopped seeming "costly," or even just difficult, for SG-1 to actually win a battle against these all-powerful and god-like people is when I got bored. I don't think it's a matter of replacing the writing staff, but rather replacing the mindset under which an episode is written. If an episode can be described as unbelievably challenging for the characters involved, that's when I'll be enthusiastic to watch it again. Explosions, death, flying stunt men, and god-like beings falling at SG-1's feet only do so much for me. The adventure has to be hard-fought for and the road traveled at a high toll if it is to have been worth adventuring for.
                Last edited by Jersey13; 20 August 2006, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13
                  Personally, I think the Ori could've been a great enemy, but I think it didn't work out because I really wasn't all that scared of them after a while. The Goa'uld were terrifying for a long time, but when SG-1 just started killing them left and right all the time, they stopped seeming all that powerful and became less scary to me. Hence, the entrance of the Ori.

When it stopped seeming "costly," or even just difficult, for SG-1 to actually win a battle against these all-powerful and god-like people is when I got bored.
                  Very good post. I think that's part of the formula to which I was referring.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13

When it stopped seeming "costly," or even just difficult, for SG-1 to actually win a battle against these all-powerful and god-like people is when I got bored.
                    Yeah but thats what is so great about the Ori , we know nothing about them . SG-1 and SG-C arnt at war with the Ori , they are at war with there Followers ....

The Ori Followers seem more powerful then anything SG-1 has seen ... I think these could take the Series to a new high ... Just MGM and Sci-Fi dotn advertise that great for the shows ...

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL-
                      Just MGM and Sci-Fi dotn advertise that great for the shows ...
                      And that right there is probably a good portion of the lower ratings. That and SciFi getting stabbed in the back by their brothers at USA, throwing their juggernaught Monk up against Stargate. Of course, that might not have been such a problem if they hadn't broken up last year's impresive Friday night lineup by delaying BSG.

If anything, I think the "old plots" or "overly detailed ancient history" things are exactly what the writers shouldn't be doing. It would better for Stargate to get back to doing more one-off episodes, that are more accessible to the larger number of viewers, not the handful of obsessive web fans. The show has been edging more and more toward serialization over the last several seasons, and while this does create large, exciting story arcs, it also requires a higher level of attention from the more casual fans.

And as for the writers, I'd like to point out that they do bring in new writers on a regular basis, as well as tap a few outside writers evey year. Check out the credited writers on '200': Brad Wright, Robert C. Cooper, Joseph Mallozzi, Paul Mullie, Damian Kindler, Martin Gero, Alan McCullough. That's not the full Stargate writing staff! Carl Binder got left out, as he writes exclusively for Atlantis. He and Alan McCullough (who's been writing exclusively for SG-1) both joined the full time staff just last year.

Aaaaand, it was recently revelaed that Ben Browder is gonna get a "Story By" credit later this season. So, yeah, there's plenty of people coming into and being involved in the process of writing this show.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
                        This is part of the problem with the show. And why ratings are continuing going down. They give us substandard shows, and they dont satisfy the heart of the gatehead fans. What are the plots we keep asking for and never fullfilled. Ancient alliance, nox origins, the furlings, the return of the tollans, and it goes on. if it was within my influence I would make a move to replace the current writing staff and producers. And add people who would listen to fans. if you think I am wrong, look at the ratings. They are falling off a cliff, and within a year a decision would have to made. to cancel sg1 for sg1 movies or continue with the show. So writers and producers of stargate, you know what I am saying is the truth and time is running out. Stop with this nonsense of not wanting to look back at plot lines that past writers wrote. and finish them, it what we want.
                        hey how about you do it. spend countless hours thinking, writing, filming, and editing a show.

get back to us on how that all goes.

oh, and make sure you listen to all the fans, and make sure you make EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM happy by making everything they want happen.

have fun!

and to clarify - at least in my opinion, the show gets "bad ratings" because
                        a)the people who usually get Neilsen boxes - are not the demographic that watches Stargate
                        b) the show begins new episodes in the summer? STUPID. People are not home during the summer. They are on vacation. they are camping, they are visiting friends, THEY ARE OUTSIDE. What a stupid idea to start a season mid summer, then finish it when other shows are already in their stride and people are in their viewing habits.
                        c) it doesn't get promoted at all.

Comment

I personally am very happy with what the writers are doing with the new direction of the show, I have the odd scuffle with something, but then who doesn't?? Also to boot them out, after ten years of hard work, and brilliant entertainment, would be a bit mean don't you think?

I think there are plenty of reasons for why the ratings are lower this year (they aren't really bad they are just lower, far more of SciFi's shows get lower ratings than SG1) such as lack of advertising, iffy scheduling, breaking up the powerhouse three, and yes some fans aren't happy with the direction of the show, these things happen.

I personally would love to see some old storylines revisited, like the tollan, the aschen (there was an idea to bring them back I think, but its still in the works) the crystal skull's, the fire and water's, and the list goes on. But they can't do everything, and some things would be better left to our imagination.

(However i do want to see the Nox come back, possibly in the rebirth of the alliance to help defeat the ori *ponders*)

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

I don't think that all the writers and producers need to be replaced. You've got a point about ratings, though, and it is very possible that at least some of the lost viewers were lost because the show no longer appeals to them, but perhaps instead of just getting rid of all the writers and producers, some new ones should be brought in to work with them.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Time has already run out. No need to replace writers and producers as there comes a time when a TV show has run its course. Stargate is one of them.
                              S9 and S10 was their attempt at extending this show but for many (not all) it simply has not worked.

My only hope is that do not continue to drag this well loved show through the mud so it can go out with the dignity it deserves. (my opinion only)

Comment

Working...
                              X