The Legend of Zelda Discussion and Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Legend of Zelda Discussion and Appreciation thread

For 19 years The Legend of Zelda series has captivated the hearts and minds of video gamer old and new. With it brillianet story telling and innovative game style.

And after the success of the first game it has spun off a impressive 15 game and you would think after all those games that the gas would be running low ......far from it with the never ending wait for Twilight princess and phantom hourglass the series far from over. so if you are a fan please post here with your fellow fans and enjoy discussion the series.
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 07 September 2011, 09:53 AM.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

There is no timeline, the creator around the time WInd Waker came out said that each Zelda is a different Zelda. Then he kind of took it back. Point being enjoy the games but don't try to over think the storylines. The same can be said about Mario.

Comment

I hear that in the Wii version of Twilight Princess you won't be able to play with the GameCube controller, only the Wii-mote. Why not, when Super Smash Bros. Brawl uses the GameCube controller? Is this just a cheap way to increase sales of the GameCube version?

Comment

Well right now we don't know what Brawl will play for, the quote is kind of iffy.

It would be lame to have a Wii launch game that you don't need to use the Wiimote for. Plus they changed the controling so you can swing the sword around.

If you want to play the real way then buy a GC version. If you want to play the new way buy the Wii version.

Comment

Oh yeah, it's probably the Wii "classic controller" and not the GameCube one for Brawl looking back on that quote. Anyone know if the "classic" will work with the Wii version? I see your point about how those who want to play traditionally would get the GameCube version, but some might buy the Wii version wanting to embrace the new controls and then think that they aren't good for TP specifically, and so shouldn't have to shell out for another version of the game.

Comment

ZELDA RULES! I love it even though I'm really bad at video games and am stuck in Ocarena of Time. And I'm stuck in Link's Awakening. And in A Link to the Past... I told you I'm bad But I have fun anyway while my brother points and laughs at me.
            What if the hokey-pokey really is what it's all about?

Spoiler:
            I made a big decision a little while ago.
            I don't remember what it was, which prob'ly goes to show
            That many times a simple choice can prove to be essential
            Even though it often might appear inconsequential.

I must have been distracted when I left my home because
            Left or right I'm sure I went. (I wonder which it was!)
            Anyway, I never veered: I walked in that direction
            Utterly absorbed, it seems, in quiet introspection.

For no reason I can think of, I've wandered far astray.
            And that is how I got to where I find myself today.

Bill Waterson, "The indispensable Calvin and Hobbes"

Comment

I absolutely love Zelda! Especially the Ocarina of Time. I liked the horse bit

Kinda freaky with the zombies though [when Link was an adult]. The light arrow and the bridge to the castle looked really cool

Comment

This is a thread after my own heart!! (Why is it that I love talking about Stargate on Zelda boards, and Zelda on Stargate boards?!)

I have grown up playing Zelda, and I'm still a huge fan of the series. When I'm not obsessing about Stargate, I'm obsessing about Zelda!

For 19 years The Legend of Zelda series has captivated the hearts and minds of video gamer old and new. With it brillianet story telling and innovative game style.
                It's actually 20 years! This is a little tribute/retrospect I wrote for Zelda's 20th anniversary. It kind of says what Zelda is to me.

And all I can say is ... Bring on Twilight Princess!

My LiveJournal

Steve the Wraith's Adventures

www.legendofzeldaseries.com

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
                  There is no timeline, the creator around the time WInd Waker came out said that each Zelda is a different Zelda. Then he kind of took it back. Point being enjoy the games but don't try to over think the storylines. The same can be said about Mario.
                  From what I've been able to put together, that was blamed on awkward translation. You know, when Japanese-speakers translate into English with minimal understanding, kind of like the opening scroll to the original The Legend of Zelda.

The new guy, Eiji something, has said (and so has Miyamoto) that locked away somewhere is an actual, solid, canon timeline that fits everything together, however it had been a little obscured since one or two games messed things up. Eiji has said that every game in the series he's involved with will slowly and subtly bring everything back together so it all makes sense, and someday Miyamoto will actually release the timeline after the fans have sufficient time to figure it all out.

That's part of why I love the Zelda series. It's a lot like the Myst franchise in that you're supposed to completely overanalyze the details.

Example: I have a theory about The Minish Cap (one of the games that's supposed to start to piece things together). The Minish brought a "light force" to Hyrule long ago. I think that the Elemental Sanctuary that connects the ancient Minish World to ours is actually part of the Sacred Realm/Golden Land that eventually becomes Ganon's Dark World, and that the Minish world is where the three goddesses are from, and that the Minish could be their servants, which is why the people of this era feel that the "light force" came from the Minish rather than the goddesses. If it actually takes place before Ocarina of Time as some believe, then it stands to reason that people don't necessarily believe in the Triforce/"light force", like is implied by some villagers when they hear about the brainwashed King trying to find it.
                  In Ocarina of Time, Rauru or Zelda or someone states that the Temple of Time was built around the entrance to the Sacred Realm because greedy people were trying to get their hands on it. Could this be a reference to Vaati and the events in The Minish Cap?

Of course, that is a wild shot in the dark. But you never know!
                  Last edited by any_gopher; 15 September 2006, 08:39 AM.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

even though ive only played one zelda game so far windwaker which i really enjoyed i intend to play as many as i can twilight princess will be the first wii game i buy, i cant wait for phantom hourglass either, ill try to download all the other zelda console games on the wii virtual console, have to keep my eye out for all the gameboy zeldas

Comment

I love Zelda, my wife bought me that Zelda action pack game that came out for GC a while ago. It has Legend of Zelda , Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on it.

Comment

^ Action pack? There was a "Collectors' Edition" but it had "Adventure of Link" instead of "Link to the Past". I wish the Collector's disc had Link to the Past instead of Ocarina on it, since there was an Ocarina bonus disc with Wind Waker.

Thinking about the Zelda timeline gives me a headache!

My LiveJournal

Comment

Twilight Princess has been delayed for the GC, btw.

I loved OoT to death, don't know how many times I beat that game.
                          sigpic
                          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

They're releasing TP on the GC late in order to sell as many Wiis as possible.

But I'm getting the GC version *cries*

My LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by Lysia
                              They're releasing TP on the GC late in order to sell as many Wiis as possible.

But I'm getting the GC version *cries*
                              Can they make up their minds already! Wasn't this game supposed to come out last year?!! I'm huge fan of the series since my parents bought me The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past on Super NES; I think I have every game made since then. Ocarina of Time was the BEST!
                              I too am waiting for the GC version. I don't want to buy a Wii just yet.
                              46-43! and 45-44! and 49-22-11!!
                              sigpic
                              Ain't it good to know you've got a friend. ~ Carole King

Comment

Working...
                              X