This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the references for the "Long time fans. 200 spoilers

The 200th episode for the long time fans was a treat cause if you where paying enough attention you could pick up certain inside jokes from past episodes or characters.

For example in 200 the scene where there running from the replicators and come up to a hill side and see all the goa'lud ships between them and the gate and there have 10 seconds to get home before the time dilation field activates is from "Summit" "last Stand" and "unnatural selection" in 200 the team makes it home within the ten seconds and there never show how it happen.

Summit the tok'ra base is attack and O'Neill and teal'c i believe it was get out of the base and look over a hill side and see goa'lud ships landing.

Last stand the ending we never saw the team makes it home some how

Unnatural selection --involved a time dilation filed.

hope that made sense if you picked up on any other please post then

also the jokes about Mitchell replacing Jack was also another one there did
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

i dont remember last stand tell me in morew detail what it was about.
    The MT one has MT will,
    The MT one is MT still!!!
    ||| savestargatesg1.com |||
    ||| save sg1 |||

Comment

I just got it we all know how they got out in last stand they just didn't show it.
      Spoiler:
      After the mortally injured guy with the tokra sysbyot was taken to the site he detonated the poison and all the jaffa were killed by the poisons that their dieing sybyots released and then we (probably) took one of the ships
      but you are right they didn't show it.
      The MT one has MT will,
      The MT one is MT still!!!
      ||| savestargatesg1.com |||
      ||| save sg1 |||

Comment

-The end where they say that the movie was cancelled because the series was renewed was probably referencing "Lost City."
        -The fishing scene where Jack says that everything else seems pointless is probably referencing some people's opinions that the show should have ended after Season 8.

Comment

-Daniel drawing all over the computer monitor with the marker when they found the Earth symbol. (Stargate The Movie)

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
            The 200th episode for the long time fans was a treat cause if you where paying enough attention you could pick up certain inside jokes from past episodes or characters.

For example in 200 the scene where there running from the replicators and come up to a hill side and see all the goa'lud ships between them and the gate and there have 10 seconds to get home before the time dilation field activates is from "Summit" "last Stand" and "unnatural selection" in 200 the team makes it home within the ten seconds and there never show how it happen.

Summit the tok'ra base is attack and O'Neill and teal'c i believe it was get out of the base and look over a hill side and see goa'lud ships landing.

Last stand the ending we never saw the team makes it home some how

Unnatural selection --involved a time dilation filed.

hope that made sense if you picked up on any other please post then

also the jokes about Mitchell replacing Jack was also another one there did
            In "Off the Grid" it looks like SG-1 died but they actually came home through one of the convieniently-placed Stargates.
            Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
            Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
            -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten
              -Daniel drawing all over the computer monitor with the marker when they found the Earth symbol. (Stargate The Movie)
              I thought this one was a take off where they were in the one where only Teal and Jack were aware that time was resetting and Daniel was trying to get them to translate the stones to reset the time mahine.

Comment

Loved the "Punk'd" scene referring to 1969 episode

Comment

Originally posted by Otis
                  I thought this one was a take off where they were in the one where only Teal and Jack were aware that time was resetting and Daniel was trying to get them to translate the stones to reset the time mahine.
                  Nope, it was a movie reference. Daniel Jackson wrote on the monitor when the origin symbol was shown. Except he wrote on it to match the cartouche's elaborate origin symbol.
                  Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                  Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                  -Audioslave

Comment

beaming them out of trouble
                    replacing the main actor then not mentioning the replacee
                    sam (amanda) saying 'no' to repeating her babble
                    not showing the rescue (kinda like morpheus)
                    the replaced Lead 'phoning' it in for his last season
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/200_%28Stargate_SG-1%29

# After Cameron says there should be a strong credit sequence, Martin says no one does that anymore. Then the opening credits start but just say Stargate SG-1 and ends. This is a reference to the shortened openings of Season 9's first 10 episodes.
                      # One segment features a Supermarionation version of the show, possibly as a tribute to the works of Gerry Anderson. It could also refer to Team America: World Police in that it used puppets and hokey dialogue. The puppet section also makes references to the original Stargate film. The guard who brings the Jackson puppet to the SGC resembles Kurt Russell, who played O'Neil in the movie. Also, Jackson uses a marker to draw on a monitor displaying the Earth home symbol, just like in the movie.
                      # One sequence features Martin complaining about his main actor leaving the film, and asking what to do. Cameron says to simply replace him with another character, to which everyone seems to think wouldn't work. This is a nod to the fact that Richard Dean Anderson was replaced by Ben Browder. The joke is furthered with the idea of making occassional references to the guy, and even includes a fictional episode in which O'Neill was once invisible, thus avoiding the need to use Richard Dean Anderson.
                      # Martin at one point explains the concept of "hanging a lantern" on a scene in reference to a convenient solution to a dire problem faced by the characters. By having someone refer to how convenient it is in dialogue, the writer is essentially winking at the audience to say they know it's convenient, but just go with it. The technique is more often than not used for humorous effect, and to counter fan criticisms about plot holes that seem too contrived.
                      # One segment casts young twentysomethings in the roles of SG-1, adding hip dialogue, a rock soundtrack and frenetic camera movements to create a hybrid of Stargate and such teen dramas as "Beverly Hills 90210" and "The O.C."
                      # It features a short parody of the The Wizard of Oz in which Vala is Dorothy, Daniel is the cowardly lion, Mitchell is the Scarecrow, and Teal'c is the Tin Man
                      # It also parodies sci-fi shows such as Star Trek and Farscape. During the Star Trek sequence, Mitchell asks Carter to "reverse the polarity", a reference to Doctor Who.
                      # Amanda Tapping revealed in sci-fi channel magazine (about the 200th episode) "I'm going to be working with Richard Dean Anderson. I'm going to Oz, I'm going to squeeze into a dream of a wedding dress, and I'm going to a party"
                      # Martin reporting the Wormhole X-Treme movie was canceled because the show was picked up again echoes the Stargate writers' plans for a movie always being disrupted by the show being renewed.
                      # When wondering how to end the movie, General O'Neill suggests a fishing scene and comments that it wouldn't make sense to continue after that. The final shot from Season 8 is then shown, with SG-1 at O'Neill's pond. This time it includes a brief shot of Cameron and Vala also at the pond, to which O'Neill responds that they weren't there. This sequence lampoons the idea of continuing the show in Season 9 and 10 after Season 8 seemingly wrapped up all the previous storylines, and the fishing sequence provided a nice conclusion had the show ended at that point.
                      # The episode 1969 is mentioned when Mitchell claims to have read all the reports but Carter and Daniel mention Report #30185 which he did not read apparently. After revealing that he was not born yet in 1969, the rest of the team procede to joke that they appeared exactly 9 months before he was born, that "it was the Sixties". They proceed to remind him that O'Neill has always taken an unusual interest in his career, and the superficial resemblence between the two. Mitchell refuses to believe it but SG-1 also refuses to admit they're joking.
                      # The final sequence of Wormhole X-Treme celebrating 200 episodes contains numerous references to the Stargate SG-1 production. The Dr. Levant actor discusses leaving and returning to the show, a parallel to Michael Shanks' absence in the sixth season. He even refers to fan Web sites hoping to revive the character. The female cast member mentions wanting to have a baby, referring to Amanda Tapping's absence for pregnancy at the beginning of Season 9. And one of the Wormhole X-Treme writers talks about a catch phrase as a string of obscenities being OK because the show is on cable, the reference to the five-year stint on Showtime when the occassional curse word was used. The writer also talks about making viewers forget about the main character who left the show after seven strong years and "phoning in" an eighth, a parallel with Richard Dean Anderson.
                      # The episode contains many Firefly references. For example the Variety advertisement.
                      # The actual introduction of Anderson in the episode follows Martin saying "I'm talking about a twist; something nobody's expecting" and O'Niell opening the door and saying "You mean something like this?"
                      # The show referances the show "24" with the idea of impending doom and a "Ticking Clock" on screen being the E=MC^2 of the Entertainment World.
                      # It makes a reference to Siler who always seems to get sent into the gate room when no one else will go near it, and who always seems to get hurt.
                      # Carter makes a crack at her usual techno-babble which Vala then goes on to say "Forget about the techno talk, no one's really interested"
                      # A reference to the Farscape series with a scene bascially abusing the large array of invented swearwords in the show.
                      # Teal'c states that they were reviewing Scene 24, to which Martin exclaims his love for that particluar scene. This is a reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
                      # At one point, in a possible "sequence" for the fake movie, Carter shouts that they have 10 seconds in which to get to the gate. After the sequence, when the SG-1 team members refuse to accept that they could have made it to the gate in ten seconds, Marty says perhaps 30 seconds instead of 10, then changes his mind and decides that 30 is too "round" a number, and to use 38 instead. This is a reference to the 38-minute limit on any Stargate wormhole.
                      # Teal'c says "I have been reflecting while changing into our gear" which is a jab at thier abbility to completly change uniforms between scenes, this is later done again as Walter runs to join them at the gate and he is in different uniform.
                      # O'Neill invites Hank to go through the gate and he agrees to just go through, this is a pointer to the fact the General of Stargate command never, with few expections, ever go through the Stargate.
                      # Carter states "It'll be in the trailer" when O'Neill enters the room, stating times the trailer has spoilt a number of plot twists.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                        Another little joke in that clip: the team complains that 10 seconds is too short, Marty suggests 30 then says it's "too round" a number and comes up with 38 seconds. -> 38 minutes that the average wormhole stays active.
                        Dr. Orpheus: "But Hank, no...Hank is quite upset! Rage, I can hear his rage! He calls you a crumb bum....or maybe a crampon. It's hard to hear him." - Venture Bros., 2x01 Powerless in the Face of Death

Comment

# Martin reporting the Wormhole X-Treme movie was canceled because the show was picked up again echoes the Stargate writers' plans for a movie always being disrupted by the show being renewed.
                          And the reference to the cancelled show having been made into a movie, despite being a 'TV flop', because it did well in subsequent DVD sales is a reference to the history of Firefly.

Albion
                          Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

how is it a firefly ref..

firefly was dropped over good dvd sales they did a movie. the s how still has not restarted.

back wards off what happend in 200

but nice write up. i never put the 38 and 38 togethor. lol

Comment

The whole firefly refrence was that even though the show was cancelled after very few episodes they are making it into a movie because of good dvd sales. This is exactly what happened with firefly. Thats were the refrence ends. Having a new series is not related to firefly.

But I still cant belive there are some people out there that thought the episode was really bad and 'betrayed the fans'. It was a perfect love letter to the fans in every way and they refrenced or mentioned everything that fans gripe about or notice. We wanted the furlings who they never intended to show and we got the Furlings! And people still feel the need to moan about how they made a joke out of them even though when they first thought up the name they knew what it suggested and even characters in the show said they imagined them to be like ewoks. The people that thought it was a 'stupid' episode really need to re-assess their position on if they really are 'true' fans.
                              Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

Working...
                              X