Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Outer Limits - Manifest Destiny (Michael Shanks)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Outer Limits - Manifest Destiny (Michael Shanks)

It was on Sci-Fi Channel Friday (8/13). I was very disappointed at this episode. I understood the story. I had no problem with the story. What bothered me was just the it was shot through a hand-held cam which was the POV of Michael Shanks' character. So, the whole episode, you're seeing the through Michael's POV. The only time you got to see his face is when he put down the camera which was not too often. I guess I understand why it was shot through only hand-held because it would be affective in the twist at the end of the ep. But, I still didn't like the fact that you couldn't see Michael's face most of the time. I definitely think that he was much much better in Mary 25.
    What's your take on it?

sigpic
    Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Spoiler alert

Is it because it was his tape that transmitted the viru to earth?

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson
      It was on Sci-Fi Channel Friday (8/13). I was very disappointed at this episode. I understood the story. I had no problem with the story. What bothered me was just the it was shot through a hand-held cam which was the POV of Michael Shanks' character. So, the whole episode, you're seeing the through Michael's POV. The only time you got to see his face is when he put down the camera which was not too often. I guess I understand why it was shot through only hand-held because it would be affective in the twist at the end of the ep. But, I still didn't like the fact that you couldn't see Michael's face most of the time. I definitely think that he was much much better in Mary 25.
      What's your take on it?
      The first time I saw Manifest Destiny I thought it was really great, including the handheld camera thing that kept me from seeing the guy behind it - it was a way of involving him without him being so involved; so I was surprised when he started going, well, y'know . The second time I saw it was after I'd seen SG-1, so I was watching it to see MS and I kept wondering where he was!

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
      X