Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congratulations To Stargate Sg-1 On Making The Guinness Book Of World Records!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations To Stargate Sg-1 On Making The Guinness Book Of World Records!!

I went to Barnes & Nobles (bookstore), and happened to see the book, Guinness World Records 2007. I was curious to see if it was true that SG-1 made it in the book. Well, I flipped through the pages, and there on page 180, under TV PERSONALITIES section: Longest Running Sci-Fi TV Show (Consecutive), Stargate SG-1! I was so thrilled to see that! There's a nice photo of Claudia, Ben, Beau, Michael, Amanda, Chris, Brad Wright, and Robert Cooper. It's nice to see SG-1 being recognized by such a popular book such as this one!

Caption:
    Stargate SG-1 (1997-current) is in its 10th series, having run without a break since its first episode, "Children of the Gods," on July 27, 1997. In 2006, with episode 203 entitled "Company of Thieves," it beat The X-Files, which ran to 202 episodes (September 10, 1993 - May 9, 2002). Pictured is the current cast, together with executive producers, Brad Wright and Robert Cooper.
    (GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS 2007, p. 180)
    CONGRATS STARGATE SG-1!!!
    Last edited by Sue_Jackson; 12 August 2006, 10:27 AM.
    sigpic
    Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

thats good
    sigpic
    Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
    Metal gear fan

Comment

Oh, I didn't know the Guinness World Records covers TV. I think I will have to get that. Thanks for the info!

"What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
      The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Woooohooo!
        1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

Brilliant!

Let's hope it keeps that Record! (Only to be beaten by Atlantis or possible subsiquent Stargate Spin-offs!)

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson
            TV PERSONALITIES section: Longest Running Sci-Fi TV Show (Consecutive), Stargate SG-1!
            So, who wants to point out the blatently obvious that that is wrong? That at 214 episodes SG1 is still a grand total of 482 episodes short of Doctor Who's classic years? Me? Okay. Thats completely wrong, even by calling in consecutive and excluding the 27 new version episodes, Doctor Who is still 482 episodes and 16 seasons SG1's senior.
            Last edited by The Signal; 12 August 2006, 10:15 AM.
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
              So, who wants to point out the blatently obvious that that is wrong? That at 214 episodes SG1 is still a grand total of 482 episodes shor5t of Doctor Who's classic years? Me? Okay. Thats completely wrong, even by calling in consecutive and excluding the 27 new version episodes, Doctor Who is still 482 episodes and 16 seasons SG1's senior.
              Didn't the Original Doctor Who run 25mins though, whilst Stargate runs 45mins? Or does that still result in Doctor Who running longer?

Edit: It doesn't.

Doctor Who: 16,975mins (25*679)
              Stargate SG-1: 9,630mins (45*214)

Comment

Time varied throughout the years, but it still ends up with more screentime. EDIT: Only times I can find were mixed with everything, but even combining SG1 with the Movie and Atlantis, it is still only about half of Doctor Who's time.
                Last edited by The Signal; 12 August 2006, 10:18 AM.
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                  So, who wants to point out the blatently obvious that that is wrong? That at 214 episodes SG1 is still a grand total of 482 episodes shor5t of Doctor Who's classic years? Me? Okay. Thats completely wrong, even by calling in consecutive and excluding the 27 new version episodes, Doctor Who is still 482 episodes and 16 seasons SG1's senior.
                  Isn't Doctor Who essentially a different show everytime they change the doctor?
                  "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                  The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

To all Dr. Who fans

consecutive - means runs without a break

SG1 is the longest CONSECUTIVE running Sci Fi show

sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by RedGuard
                      Isn't Doctor Who essentially a different show everytime they change the doctor?
                      No, its part of the plot, not a start of a new show.

Comment

Wiki's Lengths of Sci-Fi series

Days:Hours:Mins

Doctor Who: Canon: 13:06:05
                        Stargate (All together): Canon: 7:05:46

Doctor Who: 16,975mins (25*679)
                        Stargate SG-1: 9,630mins (45*214)

I'm Confused...

Comment

I don't understand why the Farscape gang + 10.5 apoc are being considered SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyMckay
                            I don't understand why the Farscape gang + 10.5 apoc are being considered SG-1.
                            Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                              Huh?
                              The Claudia & BB joining the Cast? Season 9+ is apocryphal.

... I think?

Comment

Working...
                              X