PDA

View Full Version : "Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

dec55
May 1st, 2004, 07:47 PM
Yes folks.....Andromeda may be cancelled due to the pull out of it's major production company....unless the Sci fi Channel finds another backer.

Well at least Lexa Doig may be free to star on her hubby's (Michael Shanks) show...
I hope it will be this season, weather Andromeda sees a 5th season or concludes this season.

spg_1983
May 1st, 2004, 07:49 PM
MS is married to rommie?? Lucky!!!!!!!!!

dec55
May 1st, 2004, 08:03 PM
Yup he sure is.......:) They got married last summer.

spg_1983
May 1st, 2004, 08:32 PM
Thats so cool. I know he has guest starred on andromeda before (realy wish i could see the episode) but has she guested on SG-1? i dont remember ever seeing her but i could be wrong.

MartoufMarty
May 1st, 2004, 09:21 PM
Thats so cool. I know he has guest starred on andromeda before (realy wish i could see the episode) but has she guested on SG-1? i dont remember ever seeing her but i could be wrong.
no, she hasn't. i read somewhere that they were thinking about having her as Reese, but due to some problems with her filming Andromeda at the same time, she couldn't do it. i'm glad she wasn't Reese. lol she's really cool as Rommie. basically the only character in Andromeda that i really enjoy seeing on the show. i wouldn't really care if it got cancelled or not lol.

ShadowMaat
May 2nd, 2004, 08:12 AM
she's really cool as Rommie. basically the only character in Andromeda that i really enjoy seeing on the show. i wouldn't really care if it got cancelled or not lol.

Hey! What about Harper? :p I'd much rather see Gordon Michael Woolvett on Stargate than Lexa, and not just because he's cute. ;)

Major Clanger
May 2nd, 2004, 08:46 AM
What about Tyr? He growls you know.

This news is not a surprise - I gave up with Andromeda a long time ago, right about when it became what we all predicted it would: Hercules in Space. It went from being pretty good, if cheesy and moralising to... well, rubbish.

Pity though, I'll miss the whole Tyr/Harper and or Tyr/Beka stuff.

angsty_otaku
May 2nd, 2004, 08:53 AM
the show started out with a brillant plot...which sort of spiralled into...squat. "hercules in space" >.<

keshou
May 2nd, 2004, 08:58 AM
Sounds like Mutant X is probably gone for sure, Andromeda is on life support. Here's some articles.

http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=1358

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/509/509036p1.html

There is apparently litigation over Can West/Fireworks yanking its financial support for Andromeda so who knows what will happen. It would seem unlikely that Scifi would pick up the financial slack....they're pretty heavily committed to Battlestar Galactica and Atlantis. Everything is in limbo at this point..... That has to be difficult for the cast and crew who could be out looking for work if they knew for sure.

While I stopped watching Mutant X after the first season and Andromeda (on a regular basis) after the second season, I know there are still fans of both shows out there and you always hate to see things end like this. I read somewhere that they filmed two different endings for Andromeda's final season 4 episode (because they weren't sure they were coming back for season 5 at the time). I wonder which one they'll show.

I really liked Lexa *and* Gordon Woolvett! :) Would love to see them show up in guest roles on SG-1 or Atlantis. Heck, if this had happened earlier I think Lexa could have had a good shot at the part of Teyla. She has that exotic look.

MartoufMarty
May 2nd, 2004, 09:51 AM
Hey! What about Harper? :p I'd much rather see Gordon Michael Woolvett on Stargate than Lexa, and not just because he's cute. ;)
well, yeah, he's nice too. cute, funny, smart. you don't really see him all that much and i get lost with what he's saying alot (simple minded me, yes), and sometimes he can be a tad bit annoying.

so Rommie and Harper are cool. and together very cute :D lol.

MartoufMarty
May 2nd, 2004, 09:56 AM
the show started out with a brillant plot...which sort of spiralled into...squat. "hercules in space" >.<
hahaha just what i thought from the start. but i kept on watching it... some episodes weren't that bad. whenever i watch Andromeda, i yell at the tv for Dylan to die, and i predict who he's gonna sleep with lol.

last night on Andromeda there was Dan Shea (Sgt. Siler) on for about... 3 or 4 minutes. he said a few things, killed some guy, got his ass kicked, took a hostage, then ran away, got shot out an airlock. he lasted longer then the last time i saw him on an episode. he was a guard in one episode and said 4 or 5 words then got his ass kicked.

also a while ago i turned on Andromeda and i saw Peter Deluise and Ann-Marie Loder together. they were playing these locals who helped them out. they were saying goodbye and Peter and Ann were all kissy and lovey dove. it was sweet.

also in the episode last night there was that guy who played that mean Jaffa who was hitting Teal'c in Redemption pt 1 or 2. or both... probably saw someone else, but i forget lol.

Skydiver
May 2nd, 2004, 12:22 PM
i hadn't heard about it dying now, although i know next season was to be its last anyway.

andromeda stared out horrible (the crew were so cheesy it was a relief when they were all killed off in the premiere), then got better...then once tyr left, yep it turned into hercules in space, aka that kevin sorbo adoration society.

it's become very hit and miss and, to me, much worse with tyr gone and replaced by a cheap immitation of iolaus.

Jonas
May 2nd, 2004, 09:58 PM
Harper is the best part of Andromeda.

Shipperahoy
May 2nd, 2004, 10:34 PM
Andromeda has always been kind of a take it or leave it show for me. It's one of those shows that if I'm home I'll watch it but I won't go out of my way to see it and I don't set my VCR or anything. I mostly watched it because I loved Tyr and Harper but then Try left and now there's one less reason to watch that show.

I have to make an exception to what I just wrote to say that I did go out of my way to watch the episodes that Michael Shanks, Chris Judge, and James Marsters appeared in. James Marsters...mmm...uh yeah, anyway that man even looks good with a shaved head but I digress.

Teal'c
May 3rd, 2004, 07:03 AM
i hadn't heard about it dying now, although i know next season was to be its last anyway.

andromeda stared out horrible (the crew were so cheesy it was a relief when they were all killed off in the premiere), then got better...then once tyr left, yep it turned into hercules in space, aka that kevin sorbo adoration society.

it's become very hit and miss and, to me, much worse with tyr gone and replaced by a cheap immitation of iolaus.
When Tyr left? Try when Sorbo started calling the shots back in Season 2, my god I hate that man so much....

keshou
May 3rd, 2004, 08:36 AM
When Tyr left? Try when Sorbo started calling the shots back in Season 2, my god I hate that man so much....

Well I think firing Robert Hewitt Wolfe was the first step to oblivion. The show wasn't perfect in the first season but it had some interesting supporting characters and the story arc had potential. After Wolfe left it became all about the Dylan/Sorbo. Every babe he came across fell in love with him. Tyr was wussified, Rev Bem was gone, Trance was spouting dialogue even Oma couldn't understand, Harper became babe-ogler guy, Rommie was still okay but wasn't used much. I watched the episode where Rhade was introduced (replacing Tyr) and I found him rather boring. To top it off they brought Tyr back only to turn him into a mustache-twirling villain. It was a mess.

I never watched Hercules that much but when I did Sorbo seemed perfect in that part. It amazes me how much I dislike him on Andromeda but I do.

BTW, word is that the last few episodes of season 4 are decent, getting back to the Magog/worldship story. "Symmetry of Imperfection" airs this Friday on Scifi and is supposed to be a good Rommie episode.

Skydiver
May 3rd, 2004, 10:27 AM
sorbo is definitely not worth hating, but i used to watch teh show to watch the characters....ALL of them. now every single plot/story revolved around dylan somehow, just like it did in Hercules.

And i seem to recall back in hercules that it got old after a while, sorbo got burned out and wanted/needed time off and it was left to the supporting characters to carry the show.

I used to like bekka, but she's been turned into the stereotypical femme fatale, harper adn trance are the only things worth watching.

if it's died, well it'll be a mercy killing for me, which is also what i say about enterprise

jenniferhailey
May 3rd, 2004, 11:30 AM
Andromeda was very average. Some ok episodes some good ones some bad ones. It was a right old mix.

Mostly average though.

I liked it a lot better when Rev Bem was in it...

Aadizookaan
May 3rd, 2004, 03:36 PM
If you hate him that much, you're gonna hate the character and actor playing him even more after you see the Dissonant Interval 1 - he's some sorta Oma-Like-Being. The alpha and omega of the universe you could say.

Aadizookaan
May 3rd, 2004, 03:40 PM
If you hate him that much, you're gonna hate the character and actor playing him even more after you see the Dissonant Interval 1 - he's some sorta Oma-Like-Being. The alpha and omega of the universe you could say.
OMG! That was my first post in the brand spankin' new forum. Hehehe. Yay me.

May 4th, 2004, 05:54 AM
if it's died, well it'll be a mercy killing for me, which is also what i say about enterprise

That about sums it up. I still watch Andromeda because I like some of the characters (i.e. Rommie, Trace, and Rhade). But, it has turned into "Hercules in Space", and it really didn't have to. Makes me like Kevin Sorbo ever less.

So, if they cancel it, let's hope Lexa Doig can do something else...

Like guest on Stargate!!!

Talenhawk
May 4th, 2004, 10:09 AM
I don't mind seeing the show cancelled because it has be on a downward slide. It started as a show that had potential. It looked like the would take a page from SG1 and use continuity to make the show better, but instead they just dance around real continuity and only use it when it suits them.

The thing that worries me is the disturbing trend in SciFi. This will likely be the last year for Andromeda, Mutant X, Buffy, Angel, maybe Enterprise and probably only one more year of SG1.

The SciFi future is looking pretty thin. Battlestar Galactica and Atlantis are the only new shows I see coming out. I hope networks start bulking this up soon. Maybe remake some more golden oldies like Buck Rogers.

Supreme Commander Thor
May 5th, 2004, 01:10 AM
Can't say that I am surprised if it does end up being cancelled. I actually watched an episode last week... the one where a chick whose name I cant remember gets caught in a maze that surrounds a planet and cant get out while Hercules sends her a message and says something like serves you right bonehead for tricking me...

yeah, I will admit that the women were pretty good looking but that aint enough to make even an Asgard like me (whose race hasn't gone on a date for centuries) watch that show again...

Well, at least we still got the best ships out there... and BTW, any class of our ships would destroy the Andromeda... They dont deserve another season! lol

QunStrudel
May 5th, 2004, 02:53 AM
I really liked Andromeda at first but lost interest after the second season. When it started showing on Sci-Fi I tried to get back into it but I'm completely lost now, so I guess I wouldn't be too sad if it got cancelled, at least I wouldn't be as upset as I was when they axed Farscape. When do you think Sci-Fi will start showing Andromeda reruns (if they haven't already?).

JakeDeuxPointZero
May 6th, 2004, 09:18 PM
the one where a chick whose name I cant remember gets caught in a maze that surrounds a planet and cant get out while Hercules sends her a message and says something like serves you right bonehead for tricking me...

That would be the same chick who played the woman in the season 7 ep with Jonas... strangely similar parts, although the stories were different...

Personally, I just recently started watching the new eps on SciFi (I wanted to try it out before, but could never figure out when the eps aired), and I like it. I really want them to start showing reruns soon (perhaps an Andromeda Tuesday like Stargate Monday?...) so I can catch up. Personally, I definitely don't want it to get cancelled.

Also... some people have commented on Enterprise... personally, I'm hoping SciFi will pick the show up if UPN wants to cancel it and then syndicate it like they've done with some of their other shows, too.

spg_1983
May 7th, 2004, 05:52 PM
ok i watch andromeda every now and tehn and think its pretty cool but i dont watch it enough to know everything. so i have a question for someone that knows more. i was watching tonight and they keep talking about the crew but the only people on the ship are the main cast so what crew are they talking about?

JakeDeuxPointZero
May 7th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Whoa... I was only going to ask the EXACT SAME question eventually... really cool. As far as I can tell, they have a crew (didn't someone say more than 400?), it's just that the show focuses on the senior staff... even more so than any Trek series.

spg_1983
May 7th, 2004, 06:55 PM
see i was thinking maybe it was a production cost thing, the whole crew just happens to get locked into their cabins so you dont have to pay any extras

JakeDeuxPointZero
May 7th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Nope... I haven't seen an episode yet (I've only seen like 4, though) that shows more than a glimpse of crew... I think those two with the blond woman (see... I don't even know her name yet...) at the beginning may have been crew members.

spg_1983
May 7th, 2004, 07:02 PM
well my understand of the main cast is as follows
Capt Dylan hunt
Becka
Trance(sp?)
harper
rahday(sp?)
and romy
i think there are supposed to be hundreds of others you dont see

dec55
May 8th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Spoiler!

S

P

o

i

l

e

r

It would appear that Rommie dies first in the finale...by exploding after a hit from a Magog weapon. Becka and Harper with Ryade are killed and eaten off camera from a Magog onslaught.....and Trance does a suicide run on Andromeda and blows up the MWS....

Dylan apparently survives to reset events to bring them back next season..

At least there is a possibility of a come back.

JakeDeuxPointZero
May 8th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Uhh... I sure hope not...?

May 8th, 2004, 10:42 PM
well that sucks, the worst episode in history of andromeda that would be

Aadizookaan
May 8th, 2004, 11:12 PM
well that sucks, the worst episode in history of andromeda that would be
I completely agree. I've seen the episode multiple times and it never made any sense.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Oh, btw, the death order is Rommie, Rhade, Beka, Harper, then Trance. Dylan survives by running into the "Route Of Ages" to meet none other than god himself ..... Captain Dylan Hunt. No, seriously, he meets himself.

Supreme Commander Thor
May 8th, 2004, 11:42 PM
This show should just be put out of its misery... wow... bad.

Elwe Singollo
May 9th, 2004, 02:00 AM
This show should just be put out of its misery... wow... bad.
I really hope the production company that funds Andromeda will works things out. Cause i don't want Andromeda to end :(

petzke_42
May 9th, 2004, 02:23 AM
I have a quick question I hope someone can answer. I just recently started watching Andromeda. In the pilot Rhade is killed, how does he end up coming back, is it his ancestor or something?? Also, why the change in Trance, why is she so special (I remember something being said in the pilot, as well as her specialness being mentioned from time to time)?? Thanks.

dec55
May 9th, 2004, 02:49 AM
I believe he is Rhydes great, great, great grandson.....or relative.

BTW here is Lexa as Rommie in the finale.......she is sooo gorgeous.

http://www.boomspeed.com/dec55/rommiesmile.JPG

keshou
May 9th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Well, interesting, I guess if the show doesn't come back then it ends with everyone dead except Dylan. Although since it appears Beka, Harper and Rhade are killed off-camera they may not really be dead.

If Andromeda does get a fifth season they can literally remake the show into anything they want, letting Dylan change places with his self from four years ago and start over. Or they can just pick up the pieces with whoever miraculously survives and move on.

Guess they would get to pick the cast members they want to keep (if any) and jettison the rest. Although if seems like they'd have to keep Lexa, she does play the ship after all. ;)

Went and read the detailed synopsis over at the Andromeda board

Link to the board:
http://forums.prospero.com/ti-andromeda/

Link to the detailed spoiler:
http://forums.prospero.com/ti-andromeda/messages?msg=11500.6

Edited to add: Hope it's okay to link to this post. It's just a detailed synopsis of the finale of the fourth season of Andromeda.

May 9th, 2004, 10:11 AM
umm yeah, the show started pretty good, and now it is horible, what is it with all thise unscintific future...that's lame imho...the show should be put out of it's misory

Elwe Singollo
May 9th, 2004, 11:13 AM
umm yeah, the show started pretty good, and now it is horible, what is it with all thise unscintific future...that's lame imho...the show should be put out of it's misory
Its not that bad, haha...

spg_1983
May 9th, 2004, 11:17 AM
Its not that bad, haha...
yeah i hate how people that dont like a show always say it should be cancelled. if you don't like it then don't watch it, but there are people that do like it so dont call for it to be cancelled let them enjoy their show.

JakeDeuxPointZero
May 9th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Personally, I love the show... I would hate for it to end a season before when it's supposed to, even if they do put some closure in that ep... especially since I finally found where I'm supposed to watch it!

May 9th, 2004, 10:39 PM
yeah i hate how people that dont like a show always say it should be cancelled. if you don't like it then don't watch it, but there are people that do like it so dont call for it to be cancelled let them enjoy their show.
the thins is i love it wnen it started.. but it redically changed once THE CONFIDIRACY or whatever was established...it became less scintific...had more LAME-HOLYWOOD action in it, and became totally FICITONAL , note NOT SCIENCE-FICTIONAL...i'm pretty sire that's not what Gene wanted from it

Supreme Commander Thor
May 10th, 2004, 12:44 AM
I believe he is Rhydes great, great, great grandson.....or relative.

BTW here is Lexa as Rommie in the finale.......she is sooo gorgeous.

http://www.boomspeed.com/dec55/rommiesmile.JPG

yeah, the best thing about the show is the chicks... for sure....

dec55
May 11th, 2004, 01:53 AM
Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They all still have jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RHW the series creator has stated that there will be a season 5!!!!

http://www.exisle.net/mb/index.php?showtopic=15990&st=0&

keshou
May 11th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Yay! I saw the news posted over at exisle. Robert Hewitt Wolfe is one classy guy. Even though I'm not much of a fan anymore I'm pleased for the current fans and for the cast and crew. It can't have been much fun for them to be in limboland! :)

I also see that Zack/Ash (some of the former writers under RHW) will be writing a freelance script for season 5. Yay again! I like those guys, I'll definitely be watching that one.

Elwe Singollo
May 11th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Im so happy, i just got into the show just recently.:)

Supreme Commander Thor
May 11th, 2004, 11:44 PM
makes me sad. they should be spending the money on something better... heheheh... well, at least the chicks are good looking...

Champos
May 12th, 2004, 12:48 AM
<< well, at least the chicks are good looking... >>

You're right. My god! We need a Stargate/Andromeda crossover! And we need it now!

Supreme Commander Thor
May 12th, 2004, 07:44 AM
<< well, at least the chicks are good looking... >>

You're right. My god! We need a Stargate/Andromeda crossover! And we need it now!
hahahah... yeah, I think we need to get romie involved in the SGC... she could probably dial the gate coordinates faster, and she is great to look at...

ShadowMaat
May 12th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Harper desperately needs to be rescued from Andromeda. :P It'd also be funny to see him meet up with Daniel... AKA Balance of Judgement. :D

Wordsmit2
May 12th, 2004, 06:03 PM
I think the second Michael Shanks episode ("Day of Judgement, Day of Wrath") showed crew, but I wasn't sure, as I couldn't tell the two ships in it apart.

(For the record, I liked the first Michael Shanks episode ("Star-Crossed") well enough but thought the second one was awful. And I bailed out of the episode we're talking about here after five minutes.)

Bottom line: I can't tell either.

Champos
May 12th, 2004, 06:19 PM
In the beginning i.e. before the big war thing where Andromeda got frozen in time, back then they definitely had a big crew of 400 or so. Since then I've never really seen anyone though. I know they have various androids around who do maintenance and presumably clean and generally just walk around aimlessly, but I'm not really sure about the crew. You'd imagine they would though, since they've apparently rebuilt their Commonwealth thing and they've presumably got a fair few crews to choose from and at the end of the day it is quite a big ship.
The end answer though, I don't know.

petzke_42
May 13th, 2004, 12:44 AM
I have a quick question I hope someone can answer. I just recently started watching Andromeda. In the pilot Rhade is killed, how does he end up coming back, is it his ancestor or something?? Also, why the change in Trance, why is she so special (I remember something being said in the pilot, as well as her specialness being mentioned from time to time)?? Thanks.

I had this question in another thread...can anyone answer?

Champos
May 13th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Generally, it's a descendant of Rhade's, except for one episode where they showed what it might have been like if Rhade had survived instead of Hunt.
When you say the change in Trance, do you mean the weird powers thing, or the physical? The physical happened in the last season sometime I think (Trance exchanged places with a future version of her self so as to prevent bad things from happening). The powers thing has been there from the beginning, I think, it just was never really shown much.

petzke_42
May 13th, 2004, 01:04 AM
Excellent...thanks....I really want to see that Rhade ep now....Trance is hot.

Champos
May 13th, 2004, 01:11 AM
Do you mean the new-look Trance or the old one? Anyway, give me Rommie anyday!

Shipperahoy
May 13th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Yes but did the show ever say exactly what Trance is?

petzke_42
May 13th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Do you mean the new-look Trance or the old one? Anyway, give me Rommie anyday!

The new one....the old one looked like someone from an 80's dance video.

Champos
May 13th, 2004, 07:28 PM

I seem to remember hearing something from the last TV series about how she had been created by someone or something to act as a bridge between time and space, kind of a Messiah-like figure who'd save the world

Champos
May 13th, 2004, 07:30 PM
The new one....the old one looked like someone from an 80's dance video.

What I never understood was the line from the first episode where Rommie's looking at all the invaders and identifies such as human, or Magog, or whatever, and when she comes to Trance she says species unknown. Surely you'd just assume she was a human with body paint...

petzke_42
May 14th, 2004, 12:40 AM
Haha...yeah.........lucky body-paint guy..............

Champos
May 14th, 2004, 12:49 AM
Hmmm... luck? Or is it a conspiracy?

Oh, no. It's supposed to be "Coincidence? Or is it a conspiracy?" My bad.

Try: Luck? In this life we make our own luck.

petzke_42
May 14th, 2004, 01:01 AM
Either way...his job is a job I wish was mine :D

Champos
May 14th, 2004, 01:04 AM
Fair enough. Personally I'd lean more towards the "She is a girl I wish was mine" mentality, but you keep it up with the whole bodypaint thing if you want.

petzke_42
May 14th, 2004, 01:08 AM
I like to go with the most likely possibility ;)

Rommie is hotter anyways, SHE is the girl I wish was mine.

Champos
May 14th, 2004, 01:14 AM
But the most likely possibility is still not very likely, and isn't as much fun.

I'm not going to argue on the Rommie/Trance issue - I'd say Rommie anyday - I was just carrying on the thread. But if you want to talk about Rommie.......

petzke_42
May 14th, 2004, 11:19 AM
No....I seem to get very sad, and want to kick Michael Shanks' butt when I talk about her....and since he is also awesome (he's freaking Daniel Jackson!), I can't allow myself to think that way.

KingKha
May 14th, 2004, 11:21 AM
im not sure if this is posted anywhere else, but has anyone heard about andromeda being cancelled?

petzke_42
May 14th, 2004, 07:13 PM
I believe it has been. However, I have heard that the season finale has been left open in a way that can easily be resurrected. So we can hope for a return.

keels
May 14th, 2004, 07:33 PM
i tryed to get into the show but i never could...i never watch the show. Scifi is still looking for another show that will be as popular as SG-1. It is really there only good thing they got on Scifi now. The little movies they come out with are awfull. Thats why i think they are goin to try out the Battle Star galactia seris. My guess they will have Sg-1, Atlantis and Batte star form friday night primetime

keshou
May 14th, 2004, 09:32 PM
im not sure if this is posted anywhere else, but has anyone heard about andromeda being cancelled?

It looked pretty grim, but apparently Andromeda *will* start shooting its fifth season on May 25th. Confirmed by series creator Robert Hewitt Wolfe over on the exisle board.

Check out this thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=652

angsty_otaku
May 15th, 2004, 10:56 AM
season five is it's last season according to starlog magazine...(which is next season btw)

JakeDeuxPointZero
May 15th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Well, I'm a few days late on reading this, but I must say, YES! I was getting really angry for a second there that a show I just got into might be cancelled... that would have been bad.

Major Clanger
May 16th, 2004, 12:55 AM
Well, I'm a few days late on reading this, but I must say, YES! I was getting really angry for a second there that a show I just got into might be cancelled... that would have been bad.
I'm happy for the fans, but i stopped watching yonks ago - mid S2 I think.

We need old-style Tyr over at the SGC...
he growls, you know
;)

TechnoBoY
May 16th, 2004, 07:05 AM
This is good! The show is pretty much crap but the last few episodes is getting better. I hope season 5 will get even better and actually have good stories. WHoo hoo! I hate cliff hanger endings.

auralan
May 16th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Woo hoo!

I'm not a big fan of the show, but I hate seeing them end like that.

Mio
May 16th, 2004, 01:45 PM
I tried watching andromeda, but I couldn't get into it....

In any case, I'm glad that you people are happy....allthough I really must know what you people are doing away from your stargate dvds...

zebrok
May 17th, 2004, 09:41 PM
ok i watch andromeda every now and tehn and think its pretty cool but i dont watch it enough to know everything. so i have a question for someone that knows more. i was watching tonight and they keep talking about the crew but the only people on the ship are the main cast so what crew are they talking about?

Ever since they found the remnants of the Commonwealth (on Terra Zed I think it was), including Rhade's descendent, they have had a full crew. But you only get to see various extras running around the ship in a few episodes.

zebrok
May 17th, 2004, 09:49 PM

I seem to remember hearing something from the last TV series about how she had been created by someone or something to act as a bridge between time and space, kind of a Messiah-like figure who'd save the world

Dillon is the Messiah-like figure, Trance is "the light" the way the abyss is the infinite darkness. And she is a watcher of sorts, helping to guide the messiah (of sorts) on the right path. But I missed two eps this season so I'm not sure if that changed seeing as they have a habit of changing fundamental elements of that show from time to time.

Supreme Commander Thor
May 17th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Anyone see the first part of the season finale? I saw it over the weekend and am unsure about how I feel about it.

petzke_42
May 18th, 2004, 12:35 AM
I missed it, everyone wants a piece of my action (or at least my time :D)....I will probably catch it on Sci-Fi Friday.

kateoftexas
May 18th, 2004, 06:13 AM
HELP!!! Can any of you good people give me the title of the Andromeda epi with Peter Deluise and Anne Marie Loder? I missed it, and I want to watch for it in the listings. Thanks for your help :)

Kate of Texas

Teronia
May 19th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Hi there!

I think it was the episode called :"Trusting the Gordian Maze".

kateoftexas
May 19th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Thanks Teronia, I'll write it down.

Aadizookaan
May 20th, 2004, 01:03 AM
Dillon is the Messiah-like figure, Trance is "the light" the way the abyss is the infinite darkness. And she is a watcher of sorts, helping to guide the messiah (of sorts) on the right path. But I missed two eps this season so I'm not sure if that changed seeing as they have a habit of changing fundamental elements of that show from time to time.
Ok, to end the What or Who is Trance debate.

Trance is from a species of "people" who are very old - billions of years older than any other of the races. She and her "people" are AVATARS of stars (suns) - Trance is particularly an avatar of our sun.

However, here is the kicker, she and her people can see all possible possibilities in the universe(s). They are here, there, and everywhere to bring light to the darkness.

OMG! I can't believe I know all this gobiligook. I have just outed myself as the "Sci-Fi Geek Extraordinare".

Aadizookaan
May 20th, 2004, 01:15 AM
Anyone see the first part of the season finale? I saw it over the weekend and am unsure about how I feel about it.
I've seen it. Dylan is a god/angel-figure. Utopia is found. Love Happens. Things get broken. Blah, blah, blah. Wait till you see the second part. They are never going to be able to explain away what ocurrs when they come back next season. Kudo's to them if they can make it believable. I've placed a precis of the two ep's somewhere, I just can't find them; that or I'm too darn lazy to look - you pick.

Champos
May 20th, 2004, 02:50 AM
OMG! I can't believe I know all this gobiligook. I have just outed myself as the "Sci-Fi Geek Extraordinare".

There, there (reassuring pat on the back), we know. Never mind, it can happen to the best of us...

KatG
May 20th, 2004, 05:26 AM

It was rather strange. I'm waiting to see what happens in part 2 before I decide.

Aadizookaan
May 20th, 2004, 09:09 AM
There, there (reassuring pat on the back), we know. Never mind, it can happen to the best of us...
LOL, I know, sometimes I suprise even myself with all the useless knowledge I carry around.

petzke_42
May 20th, 2004, 11:27 AM

Don't reassure that geek! He's an outcast!!! :(

Oh wait....we're all geeks too :D

Sela
May 23rd, 2004, 12:57 AM
makes me sad. they should be spending the money on something better... heheheh... well, at least the chicks are good looking...

..and the boys can hold their own in that department as well. Kevin Sorbo is absolutely gorgeous!

jsw
May 23rd, 2004, 10:09 AM
(SPOILERS for the Andromeda Season Three finale ...)

DID anyone else think that finale sucked. I could not believe the crew was wiped out by the magog. It was sad to see dylan retreating thru the route of ages. When are the good guys gonna get to win the big fights. It seems as if their is no hope of the universe getting better. Trance having to sacrifice herself to stop the worldship. The commonwealth turning on dylan. maybe hopeful the writers will bring back the vedrans to help dylan save the galaxy. IT is time dylan gets more allies to fight the magog. hopefully next year will be better.

Shipperahoy
May 23rd, 2004, 10:15 AM
Yeah, it wasn't the best. I'm not a faithful Andromeda viewer by any means. I think I've watced my 4 episodes this season including the 2-part season finale. Someone in another thread pointed out that it started turning into Hercules in space and that pinpoints it exactly for me. Dylan's a messiah or something only he can save everything....blah blah blah woo hoo. I do like aspects of the show though. Like most of the crew. It just seems like it's turned into the Dylan Hunt show.

Elwe Singollo
May 23rd, 2004, 11:30 AM
Isn't mostly about Dylan Hunt though? Well, nevermind... :) I am not the biggest Andromeda fan, but i did watch alot of the episodes, i was unhappy when they made Tyr evil, or something.

KatG
May 23rd, 2004, 03:51 PM
It royally sucked, even though I knew from spoilers that it was going to happen. Still, it's coming back for S5 and Trance did say
that Dylan could go back and start all over again. Which leads me to think they're going to hit the old reset button.

KatG
May 23rd, 2004, 03:54 PM
They are never going to be able to explain away what ocurrs when they come back next season. Kudo's to them if they can make it believable.

Just saw the second part. Very very bizarre. I agree. They're going to really have to pull out all the stops to make next season work.

Sela
May 23rd, 2004, 05:42 PM
Just saw the second part. Very very bizarre. I agree. They're going to really have to pull out all the stops to make next season work.

For the record, I really enjoyed the season finale. Season four was my favorite season. I had kind of given it up after Try left and it turned dark on us all, but it did get much better. As for season five, I think picking up the next season will be rather easy...

;)

;)

;)

;)

;)

;)

Remember when Trance traded places with her future self? I'm sure that's the plot device that will be used to reset the story line and bring back all of the characters. I'm looking forward to it.

As for "Hercules in Space", I liked Hercules and Kevin is very easy on the eyes. It's all about fantasy anyway - I can live with it.

Sela
May 23rd, 2004, 05:54 PM
I thought part two was great. It seemed as if we were going to get the standard "hero pulls the fat out of the fire at the last minute and saved the universe" senerio which would have been unimaginative to say the least. In this one, everybody dies which is how it sometimes works in real life. To quote my favorite physician, Dr. Leonard McCoy, "It has been my experience that evil often wins unless good is very, very strong." The good guys lose sometimes.

What I like about this ending is that there is hope at the end and maybe, just maybe there is a second chance to make it all right. After all, that's what we all want isn't it - a second chance?

Sela
May 23rd, 2004, 06:11 PM

There are worse things to be. :) I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one...

KatG
May 24th, 2004, 04:11 AM
For the record, I really enjoyed the season finale.

For the most part it was really good, up until the last 10 minutes. Then it just kind of ended. Kind of like the old Outer Limits did. It was like, okay, times up, let's stop.

Season 4 did start out a bit slow, wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get into it, but once they brought in Rhade as a counterpart to Dylan's "everything's going to work out" philosophy, it picked up momentum. Loved the 2 parter with Tyr too.

Just didn't feel quite satisfied with the finale, but will definitely tune in to the beginning of S5 to see how they fix it.

angsty_otaku
May 24th, 2004, 01:23 PM
It royally sucked, even though I knew from spoilers that it was going to happen. Still, it's coming back for S5 and Trance did say
that Dylan could go back and start all over again. Which leads me to think they're going to hit the old reset button.

if they do that...it just takes away from the "believability" of the show. it's like what's been discussed in the "acension good or bad thread" somewhere in another area. personally i think "rewinding" puts too much comfort in a show...oh look we know they're never going to do this blah blah blah...

USS Thunderchild
May 24th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Can someone tell me what was up with the trance-plant thingy? Also, I actually kind of liked the two-parter, but it would have been much better as as Series Finale, since I'm sure they'll use the reset button. The operatic music was a nice touch.

Phil

Aadizookaan
May 28th, 2004, 11:32 PM
Can someone tell me what was up with the trance-plant thingy?
Phil

The plant thingy that Trance holds onto like its her baby is a BONSAI tree - specifically a shimpaku, with a kick. It is from a different time for a different time. If the tree goes, so does the universe - as Trance explained it once.

Its been around since season 2, but this new and improved Trance was the one to tell Dylan to meaning behind it. Apprently, it carries in it the hope of peace. Blah blah blah.

Once again, I show just how much television I watch on saturdays. Say hello to "Sci-Fi Geek Extraordinaire" everyone.

aAnubiSs
May 29th, 2004, 04:45 AM
The intro/outro song was really good, anyone know what it's called?

USS Thunderchild
June 1st, 2004, 03:48 PM
The intro/outro song was really good, anyone know what it's called?
I was wondering that too. They played it in part 1 a bit too.

And Aadizookaan thanks for the info. I guess that means that the entire universe went byebye then? I'm feeling more and more sure that this is going to end with the reset button.

Phil

Livi2Jack
June 9th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Ever notice how they are turning Jack into some sort of Messiah with "special" abilities and some destiny? The Asgaard think he is a specially advanced human? He can call up the power of the Ancients, etc? Oy.

morjana
July 22nd, 2004, 04:28 PM
There is an initial calendar posted over the SciFi Channel for September...and it looks like the SciFi Channel is going to start vertically stripping the "Andromeda" series on Tuesdays, from 7 - 11 pm, beginning Tuesday, September 28th.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

DownFallAngel
July 22nd, 2004, 04:41 PM
Oh God....just let it dye already. The show walks around in a circle...I could have written a better season/story arc for that show. it got so bad after Season 1 when Rev left. Thats when I stopped watching.

Elwe Singollo
July 22nd, 2004, 06:45 PM
I thought some little bits of the show was a bit cheezy, but i didn't think it was too bad, but the supposed series finale (but now i guess season finale) of the fourth season was just horrible imo, i didn't like it at all.

Jonas Quinn
July 22nd, 2004, 11:24 PM
Oh Gawd....just let it dye already.You want the ship to be a different color??

DownFallAngel
July 23rd, 2004, 05:36 AM
No I want that show to end, get off the television, and then burn all copies of it. Season 1 was the best, and when Rev left, that show went to shi-at.

Racer1441
July 23rd, 2004, 06:31 AM
I kind of like the idea. I got to see almost all the past Stargate eps thanks to Scifi's monday night lineup. I'd hope they would do it for each day. Friday being new episodes of Andromeda, SG-1, and SG-A. Monday being SG-1, Tuesday Andromeda, then fill in Wed, and Thurs with 2 other shows, not quite sure what though.

keshou
July 23rd, 2004, 06:47 AM
If true, then I'm happy for the original creator of the show (Robert Hewitt Wolfe) and the original writers of seasons 1-2 since I assume this means they'll get royalties. They seem like great guys.

As a fan I gave up on the show after the big changes they made in season 2. I've watched the occasional odd episode here and there but the chance of rewatching the show from the beginning doesn't do much for me because I'm afraid it will just remind me of the lost potential of that show.

Still, I'm always in favor of the scifi channel showing these type of series rather than the reality stuff so I hope it works out well. :)

Elwe Singollo
July 23rd, 2004, 08:22 AM
Yes, i'm really glad Scifi hasn't made the channel into 'sci fi reality' show network, that wouldn't be good.:S

David85
July 24th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Oh God....just let it dye already. The show walks around in a circle...I could have written a better season/story arc for that show. it got so bad after Season 1 when Rev left. Thats when I stopped watching.

That's when most of the other people that made it good left too.

Anyone could have made a better story, and one that makes sense. I mean they could have made the Commonwealth for the first 2-3 seasons then form it only to realize that most of the members are evil and a civil war breaks out until the show ends.

Xevallah
July 26th, 2004, 09:46 AM
How about a Farscape night? Maybe Wednesday? I mean christ no one stays up 4 am in the morning when they show it, and 1 two parter of Farscape is better then the entire series of Andromeda...hell one episode...the worst one even!

morjana
July 26th, 2004, 09:54 AM
How about a Farscape night? Maybe Wednesday? I mean christ no one stays up 4 am in the morning when they show it, and 1 two parter of Farscape is better then the entire series of Andromeda...hell one episode...the worst one even!

Dollars to donuts, I bet 'ya that the SciFi Channel will move "Farscape" to a better time slot before the mini-series.

Morjana

Anthro Girl
July 26th, 2004, 09:57 AM
I watched the pilot and the first two episodes of Andromeda, but I just could not get into it. It wasn't that it was horrible bad or anything like that...it just didn't "click" with me...had no interest in what might happen to those characters.

Still, Andromeda Tuesday is better than, say, Crossing Over Wednesday or Scare Tactics Thursday. :D

Xevallah
July 26th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Does anyone actually believe that guy on crossing over is a physic?

I never understood the fascination people have with that show...its all bull####.

Xenan
July 26th, 2004, 01:00 PM
I like Andromeda and those that gave up on it are wrong :D

True, season 1 was good and after they kind of lost their way, but season 4 was good, the ending was kind of strange, but it does make you wanna see the first ep of season 5

aAnubiSs
July 30th, 2004, 01:01 AM
What was the classical music piece from Andromeda 4x22 called? Some said it was from Mozart's Reqiuem, which it isn't... Anybody know?

Elwe Singollo
July 30th, 2004, 01:16 AM
Like at the ending when everyone died and Dylan went to the route of ages? I want to know too :D

aAnubiSs
July 30th, 2004, 01:17 AM
Exactly that one.

my brother is killing me, he so wants to sample it.

aAnubiSs
July 30th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Smallville also had some excellent classical music. My HDD with 40GB classical music crashed a few days ago. Downloaded ~7GB yesterday :) Need to find it!

Andromeda 4x22
Smallville 3x22 - The last 5 min.
Random smallville eps - all classical music.

Lionel Luthor had some good taste in music :)

aAnubiSs
July 30th, 2004, 01:56 AM
Music in Smallville 3x22 is from Requiem :)

Mozart - Requiem - 01 - Introitus

morjana
July 30th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Just received an e-mail newsletter from "Andromeda" announcing their new cast member Brandy Ledford:

http://www.andromedatv.com/features/feature-brandyledford.html

Andromeda welcomes Brandy Ledford

It may be cold in space, but Andromeda will be sizzling hot when Brandy Ledford joins the cast this fall. A veteran of television and film, Brandy will portray an android named Doyle in Season Five of Andromeda. You may remember Brandy from her role as Dawn Masterson on Baywatch Hawaii, or from her numerous guest starring roles, which include Smallville and The Drew Carey Show.

Click the teaser images to see exclusive photos of Brandy in character as Doyle. And be sure to watch her this fall on an all-new season of Andromeda.

http://www.andromedatv.com/images/feature_brandysneak01.jpg

http://www.andromedatv.com/images/feature_brandysneak02.jpg

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

keshou
July 30th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Just a guess.....she must like pink! :D

Spoiler for avatar Andromeda...

BTW this cast addition is to help cover Lexa Doig's pregnancy and means we won't be seeing avatar Andromeda for awhile. Lexa will continue to play the screen Andromeda (since you only see her chest/head) and will also play the holographic version of Andromeda (Lexa's head digitally attached to someone else's body).

Shipperahoy
July 30th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Oh look it's Andromeda Barbie! But where's the dream house?

MartoufMarty
July 30th, 2004, 01:19 PM
what the hell???

this show is horrible on a good day! now with the Android Barbie it's going to be worse than unberable!! *glares*

... i do watch Andromeda sometimes. i like to make fun of it, and sometimes they have good episodes. i haven't watched it for a while...

i guess it's true for every show: if all else fails, GET A BARBIE DOLL!

:(

Larry
July 30th, 2004, 01:32 PM
I guess it makes sence to have an android Barbie doll, since there's already a Ken doll (Kevin Sorbo) on the show.

FieryHands
July 30th, 2004, 01:51 PM

Oh boy *wipes tear away* thank you for the laugh. I remember her on Invisible Man. At least back then, she wasn't blonde and she didn't wear hot pink.

Elwe Singollo
July 30th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Couldn't the wardrobe be different than the one she was wearing, i mean, Lexa's avatar clothes look better than that :(

Major Tyler
July 30th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Nothing like catering to the lowest common denominator. Did they really need to slut up the show to get ratings?!

(I mean no offense to Ms. Ledford)

Bagpuss
July 30th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Normally,I give the benefit of the doubt to new characters....but I have to admit, the wardrobe dept seem to have gone absolutely nuts ! :eek:
Someone please tell me that I dreamed those awful Retro-60's outfits.

Hopefully,Brandy Ledford will have a great time on Andromeda.I mean no disrespect to her at all. :)

Sadly,not only will I see that Character as Andromeda Barbie.To me,she'll be "Retro-Bot" ! ;)

DownFallAngel
July 30th, 2004, 04:55 PM
This is why I stopped watching after season 1....

ShadowMaat
July 30th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Hello! This is Andromeda we're talking about! Hercules in Space? Of course they're slutting it up to the lowest common denominator! ;)

Bagpuss
July 30th, 2004, 05:05 PM
LMAO ! I had hoped for good things for the Show,though. ;)
The trouble is,that I've missed most of the eps anyway,including the ones featuring MS,PDL and CJ,so I'll have to hope for re-runs.
I'm wondering if it's worth sitting through the rest,but I'll give it a whirl ! :S

Elwe Singollo
July 30th, 2004, 05:15 PM
I remember the old Hercules days :rolleyes: Revealing clothing, haha...

ShadowMaat
July 30th, 2004, 05:19 PM
The first season or so is cheesy, but I think it's at a tolerable level. Then their main writer guy left and Sorbo pitched a hissy fit about storylines being "too complicated" and he wanted plots he could understand and... well, it was all downhill from there, IMO. The storylines are bad enough, but the music has become so painfully lame and pumped up that it actually distracts from the awfulness of the show itself.

Once in a while I tune in because I really like Harper/Gordon Michael Woolvett. Unfortunately, they're trying to turn his character into a one-joke cliche, but fortunately GMW is too clever and tricksy and manages to work in some fun stuff in spite of everything going on around (and to) him. I hear he ad-libs a lot of his lines. More power to him. :D

Rhade (AKA Camulus) is very pretty to look at, but again his character is a little predictibly shallow.

The eps with MS are actually kinda interesting, more so the first than the second and seeing the other SG-1 actors is kinda fun. I still need to see the ep with Dan Shea...

Speaking generally, though, you aren't missing anything and are probably better off if you don't watch it.

Elwe Singollo
July 30th, 2004, 05:32 PM
I thought the whole S1 was cheesy, I thought the purple version of Trance was just awful, but when she transformed into our current one, she looked tons less cheesy, but it seemed she was less energetic.

I can just imagine the new avatar being... i don't know how to explain, weird? But tahts not a good description word... Ahh, i'll have to think..

Bagpuss
July 30th, 2004, 06:07 PM
The first season or so is cheesy, but I think it's at a tolerable level. Then their main writer guy left and Sorbo pitched a hissy fit about storylines being "too complicated" and he wanted plots he could understand and... well, it was all downhill from there, IMO. The storylines are bad enough, but the music has become so painfully lame and pumped up that it actually distracts from the awfulness of the show itself.
I saw quite a bit of Season 1,but missed some eps.I'd say that's a fair assessment,though ! :( (My kids thought Bek'a (SP?) was a Carter rip-off )

Once in a while I tune in because I really like Harper/Gordon Michael Woolvett. Unfortunately, they're trying to turn his character into a one-joke cliche, but fortunately GMW is too clever and tricksy and manages to work in some fun stuff in spite of everything going on around (and to) him. I hear he ad-libs a lot of his lines. More power to him. :D
I like Harper too.I felt he was dumbed-down,but I'm glad he gets some ad-libs in .Not keen on what I saw of S2 ,but "Yes" to Harper ! :cool:

Rhade (AKA Camulus) is very pretty to look at, but again his character is a little predictibly shallow.
Steve Bacic I like. Missed that too,I think. :o

The eps with MS are actually kinda interesting, more so the first than the second and seeing the other SG-1 actors is kinda fun. I still need to see the ep with Dan Shea...
Haven't seen any of those,I'll have to look up the missing eps,and see if I can buy them ! :D

Speaking generally, though, you aren't missing anything and are probably better off if you don't watch it.

I think you're right,Shadow,as I don't think it's really worth sitting through the whole lot,just to see a handful of episodes,really !
I like the effects,and Lexa Doig/Andromeda ,but I actually find K.Sorbo a bit wooden,I'm afraid,and the scripts do seem "dumbed down" :(

With the new *Cough * Android "Pinkie",I think I probably won't watch next year. I'll concentrate on buying the eps I actually want to see. ;)

Thanks for the review and info,Shadow ! I appreciate good advice. :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LMJ: I think Season 1 was cheesy too .
As for this new Avatar...."Odd" or "weird" seem good descriptions! ;)
Maybe she'll be fine though ,or maybe have a tough streak ? Hope so. :)

Teal'c
July 30th, 2004, 07:39 PM
I place the blame squarely on Michael Shanks and his hrmmm... "soilders" for this one :P

And it thought they couldn't kill the show anymore than Sorbo already did... I have a feeling this was his idea too :P

DownFallAngel
July 30th, 2004, 08:11 PM
That girl looks really really old.

Elwe Singollo
July 31st, 2004, 11:16 AM
That irl looks really really old.im assuming u said girl haha... ur right she does look old, but hey, they are pictures, maybe she looks different onscreen.

DownFallAngel
July 31st, 2004, 12:10 PM
I changed it to girl. Sorry if you had to think for a moment.

aAnubiSs
July 31st, 2004, 01:09 PM
And God(moi) has done it again:

Andromeda 4x21 end & 4x22 beginning & end:

Sarah Brightman & Charlotte Church - Requiem

atleast parts of it.

Elwe Singollo
July 31st, 2004, 02:34 PM
Hehe... Maybe the character won't be in the show as much as Romi was, but since shes becomming a new castmember, maybe not :rolleyes:

MartoufMarty
July 31st, 2004, 06:01 PM

well, Dan Shea was in a couple episodes (that i saw). he was in one episode for about... a minute. he was sort of a solider for this planet they were on. of course, he got his ass kicked by Dylan. in another episode, he basically was the same thing with the same result.

Elwe Singollo
July 31st, 2004, 10:49 PM
Thanks, i just love the music from those episode(s) :)

Sue_Jackson
August 3rd, 2004, 06:40 PM
Does anybody know whether Michael Shanks will do another appearance on Andromeda for Season 5?

:cool:

Elwe Singollo
August 3rd, 2004, 07:38 PM
I haven't read anything on his return, maybe not, i have doubts though.

Erik Pasternak
August 6th, 2004, 12:50 AM
Michael Shanks is definitly done on Andromeda. I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Judge back though, and his return seems more likely, but not by much.

Elwe Singollo
August 6th, 2004, 02:19 AM
Hasn't MS already played two characters on Andromeda?

Erik Pasternak
August 6th, 2004, 02:22 AM
Hasn't MS already played two characters on Andromeda?He was on the show twice, but he played the same character (or rather, some incarnation of the same character, ie avatars). Possible confusion can arise because in his first episode his character was called Gabriel (in addition to being the Balance of Judgement) but when he returned he decided he no longer wanted to be called Gabriel, and changed his name to Remiel.

Elwe Singollo
August 6th, 2004, 02:22 AM
Yah, thats what i kinda meant, he seemed to play different characters, but not really completely different, blah.

Supreme Commander Thor
August 7th, 2004, 12:48 AM
I didn't even know he was on Andromeda... what? was he slumming? lol

sclairef99
August 7th, 2004, 09:26 AM
Michael Shanks is definitly done on Andromeda. I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Judge back though, and his return seems more likely, but not by much.

What eps were MS and CJ in?

S

morjana
August 29th, 2004, 02:41 AM
Beginning Tuesday, September 28, the SciFi Channel will begin SciFi Tuesday with the vertical stripping of the "Andromeda" series:

http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/index.php3

09/28/2004 07:00 PM ANDROMEDA UNDER THE NIGHT (Pilot episode)
09/28/2004 08:00 PM ANDROMEDA AN AFFIRMING FLAME
09/28/2004 09:00 PM ANDROMEDA TO LOOSE THE FATEFUL LIGHTNING
09/28/2004 10:00 PM ANDROMEDA D MINUS ZERO

Also, the Season Five premiere of "Andromeda" is on Friday, September 24th.

http://www.scifi.com/andromeda/

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Manic
September 1st, 2004, 08:48 PM
In risk of bumping up a month-old thread...

I place the blame squarely on Michael Shanks and his hrmmm... "soilders" for this one
Leave it up to Shanks... to ruin the casting on his wife's show.

Maybe we're all being thrown off by the horrendous amount of pink she's wearing. It would be a fun twist if she were sarcastic, witty, had a dry sense of humor, and hated pink.

Supreme Commander Thor
September 1st, 2004, 11:08 PM
Couldn't the wardrobe be different than the one she was wearing, i mean, Lexa's avatar clothes look better than that :(
totally agree. I am not a very big andromeda fan, but I have always loved Lexa's outfits when I watched. The were classy / hot (if such a thing is possible)... The clothes she is wearing are so pathetic that she will be considered a joke. A complete and total joke.

David85
September 2nd, 2004, 04:15 PM
Nothing like catering to the lowest common denominator. Did they really need to slut up the show to get ratings?!

(I mean no offense to Ms. Ledford)

Yes, because we all know that the stories don't do anything for ratings. :)

Daniel Jackson
September 2nd, 2004, 05:06 PM
Deck 5. ;)

Elwe Singollo
September 2nd, 2004, 06:30 PM
Yes, because we all know that the stories don't do anything for ratings. :)So how does DC comic hero cartoons get good ratings (in their standards that is)? Almost all DC hero's wear tights, and they are practically legends :rolleyes: Not only DC, but Marvel, haha, X-men, Spiderman, and the movies prove that, but i don't know, maybe your right anywho hahah...

Xenan
September 8th, 2004, 03:09 AM
I don't know if it's a ratings ploy or not, don't really care. All I want to see is a very good explanation of the season 4 ending

David85
September 8th, 2004, 01:43 PM
I forgot to say this before....

A complete and total joke.

Just like the rest of the show!

:D

Elwe Singollo
September 8th, 2004, 03:23 PM
I'm a fan of the show, but even i can't see how this show continued to go on... i feel bad now... :( Haha... Well, maybe the doll avatar won't be so bad :rolleyes:

Xenan
September 9th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Who said she was an avatar? :unsure:

Elwe Singollo
September 9th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Who said she was an avatar? :unsure:Spoilers, news sites, and umm... well thats where i have read that she would be one.... If not, then my bad :)

Sela
September 9th, 2004, 07:24 PM
So we've got Stargate Mondays, Andromeda Tuesdays....

What do you want on Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays?

( My vote is...anything but Lexx!!!! :p )

D.C.
September 9th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Farscape?

Major Fischer
September 9th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Friday's already taken ;)

FieryHands
September 9th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Farscape!

Erik Pasternak
September 9th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday are Sci-Fi's original programming days, so we won't be getting "mini-marathons" those days.

(We have "Andromeda Tuesdays?" SCORE!!!!! When did this happen?)

DownFallAngel
September 10th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Monday: SG1
Tuesday: Andromeda
Wednesday: X-Files
Thursday: Farscape
Friday: Sci-Fi Friday (SG1/SGA or FarScape/BSG(N))

David85
September 10th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday are Sci-Fi's original programming days, so we won't be getting "mini-marathons" those days.

(We have "Andromeda Tuesdays?" SCORE!!!!! When did this happen?)

Isn't Sam from Stargate going to be the host of one of the new Wednesday shows?

Kind of like how Riker was the host for Beyond Belief.

DownFallAngel
September 10th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Proof Positive is the show.

And ANDROMEDA TUESDAYS became offical about two weeks ago. SciFi just started airing the commercials for Season 5 along with ANDROMEDA TUESDAYS.....this SG1 MONDAY.

Xenan
September 11th, 2004, 01:32 AM
I thought that she was gonna be an androide, but not an avatar, but I could be wrong

Erik Pasternak
September 12th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Proof Positive is the show.

And ANDROMEDA TUESDAYS became offical about two weeks ago. SciFi just started airing the commercials for Season 5 along with ANDROMEDA TUESDAYS.....this SG1 MONDAY.
Gotcha. Thanks DFA.

CKO
September 12th, 2004, 01:25 PM
i'm all for Farscape... in fact... how bout FARSCAPE every day... oh yeah wait first two wks of OCTOBER all 88 eps are being shown for the daily line up.. leading into the MINISERIES!!!!!!! oh for nites... anything but reality programing and cant they take scare tactics off... akkkkkkkk

DownFallAngel
September 12th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Gotcha. Thanks DFA.

No problem.

David85
September 12th, 2004, 03:25 PM
i'm all for Farscape... in fact... how bout FARSCAPE every day... oh yeah wait first two wks of OCTOBER all 88 eps are being shown for the daily line up.. leading into the MINISERIES!!!!!!! oh for nites... anything but reality programing and cant they take scare tactics off... akkkkkkkk

Yeah they are going to show it all when no one who has a life, like going to class or has a job can see it. I also think it's on at like 2 am, also very useful. :rolleyes:

morjana
September 12th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Monday: SG1
Tuesday: Andromeda
Wednesday: X-Files
Thursday: Farscape
Friday: Sci-Fi Friday (SG1/SGA or FarScape/BSG(N))

The SciFi Channel already tried showing the X-Files with vertical stripping on Tuesday nights back in October '02. The episodes premiered with a 0.9 rating, and lasted one month. (Never had a rating higher than 0.9.)

Then the X-Files was pulled from Tuesday night rotation and consigned to either late afternoon, daytime (one day per month), or late late night rotation.

Morjana

Sela
September 19th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Yeah they are going to show it all when no one who has a life, like going to class or has a job can see it. I also think it's on at like 2 am, also very useful. :rolleyes:

This is so true. It's on from 3 am - 6 am Friday Morning and unless you tape it and watch it later you miss it. I would like to see a Farscape Tuesday or Thursday prime time night. They can run a couple of movies on Wednesday nights, new shows (SG-1, Atlantis & Andromeda ect) on Fridays. : )

Mr. Seven
September 24th, 2004, 05:50 PM
I never really watched this before tonight's premiere on the SCI FI channel, but this was pretty good. Have no idea what the heck's going on, but I enjoyed it.

Anyone else watch it? I think this could fill the need for new scifi until the Stargates get back up.

Elwe Singollo
September 24th, 2004, 07:43 PM
I liked it, although i was annoyed with the retarded 'intruder' thing, SO ANNOYING! Newho, sad i didn't see all the cast, only 2 of them :(

David85
September 24th, 2004, 07:58 PM
If you thought that was good watch the first and second seasons.

Elwe Singollo
September 24th, 2004, 08:04 PM
I can't say they're great, but i think its improving at least :)

MartoufMarty
September 24th, 2004, 08:24 PM
I haven't seen the new episode yet. I really haven't seen much of season 4. I saw the first part of the season 4 finale-two-parter, but I didn't see the second half. Can anyone explain what happened in that episode?

The new episode will probably be on tomorrow. *shrug*

Elwe Singollo
September 24th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Simple, They all died except Dylan

Erik Pasternak
September 24th, 2004, 11:26 PM
Well, tonight's episode was pretty good. I would have liked to see some of the other characters, and find out what the heck is going on, but I guess that's what next week is for.

Elwe Singollo
September 25th, 2004, 12:47 AM
Wah, i hate when they split up 2-parters, makes me annoyed! And yah, there was like only 2 cast members in this episode?!?!

MartoufMarty
September 25th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Simple, They all died except Dylan
Blah... :( Of course it's Dylan not anyone cool like Harper or Rhade or Rommie... Or Harper AND Rhade...

David85
September 25th, 2004, 09:49 AM
It's a Sci-Fi show of course they aren't dead. How many times did the Voyager people die?

A little story....
Spoilers for season 3/4 of Smallville....

"She's" not dead." -Me
"What do you mean? Her house exploded." -My mom
"You don't watch enough Sci-Fi shows, she's sadly (I hate her) still alive."

*Clark looks down.*

"Told you." -Me :D

Mr. Seven
September 25th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Dylan was the only one that survived?

SPOILER

Wasn't the other guy part of his crew in this episode?

END SPOILER

Can someone give me a low down on just what the hell is going on? What kind of portal did they go through? Why did they do it? Is this the same universe or an alternate one?

David85
September 25th, 2004, 11:37 AM
I don't think we know.

After the first and really after the 2nd season it went down hill, I stopped watching it because the cat lady was no longer a cat but really a god, and none of it made sense. I watch an episode when I can (like during the summer) and it didn't make sense at all, there are like 100 story lines going on at once.

Erik Pasternak
September 25th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Rhade is a member of Dylan's crew Seven. He sorta explained what happened to him, but they don't really tell us how it happened.

MartoufMarty
September 25th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Of course will all know that everyone will live happily ever after (at least for the time being... maybe not that happy either) because other-wise there wouldn't be the start of the season. It's just that of course it's Dylan because 'omg hes liek da mane of da show!!!111!'

Most of the episodes are quite crappy. There are those few that just rock. I watch it every now and then just incase.

Star-Crossed, All Too Human, Orborus (sp), Night Death and the Devil, Day of Judgement Day of Wrath, It's Hour Has Come At Last, The Dark Backward... some other ones too are cool.

They have these complicated episode titles that I just can't remember. They could start off like SG-1 and be like, 'Hathor, The Tomb, or Red Sky'. Two or three words. Not two or three SENTENCES :P

Elwe Singollo
September 25th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Rhade is a member of Dylan's crew Seven. He sorta explained what happened to him, but they don't really tell us how it happened.Yah, his little explanation was weird, 'bright light' and blah blah blah, but how does that explain the whole "they're all dead" that was said by Rhomie?

Erik Pasternak
September 25th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Yah, his little explanation was weird, 'bright light' and blah blah blah, but how does that explain the whole "they're all dead" that was said by Rhomie?SPOILERS FROM THE FINAL EP OF SEASON 4 When Andromeda (NOT Rommie) said this, Trance and Dylan were together in a room onboard the Andromeda. She meant that everyone else onboard was dead. But Beka was on the Maru, and Harper, Rommie, and Rhade were onboard Arkology, so what Andromeda said didn't affect them.

Elwe Singollo
September 26th, 2004, 01:31 AM
SPOILERS FROM THE FINAL EP OF SEASON 4 When Andromeda (NOT Rommie) said this, Trance and Dylan were together in a room onboard the Andromeda. She meant that everyone else onboard was dead. But Beka was on the Maru, and Harper, Rommie, and Rhade were onboard Arkology, so what Andromeda said didn't affect them. Hehe, i always mix up Andromeda with Rhomie, so i think they are the same, but newho, i also forget that Andromeda even had a crew, probably because i miss a chunk of the the season, so yah, i thought 'Andromeda' was referring to the main characters, my bad :)

Erik Pasternak
September 26th, 2004, 01:41 AM
No big. I myself still like to think that it's only the five of them running that thing.

jsw
September 26th, 2004, 01:46 PM
I really did not get this eposode. is seefrah one really tarn vedra or just a figment of his imagination. . is he on a plaent in his home system . if it is tarn vedra where are the vedrans.

Elwe Singollo
September 26th, 2004, 01:59 PM
i guess you had to assume with the city/town/etc being in rubble, they all have either moved away, or died out, thats what i thought.

Erik Pasternak
September 26th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Well, they haven't died out, because in season two, they actually encountered a Vedran, and she said that the people on Tarn-Vedra were very pround of what Dylan was doing.

Elwe Singollo
September 26th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Well, they haven't died out, because in season two, they actually encountered a Vedran, and she said that the people on Tarn-Vedra were very pround of what Dylan was doing.Yah i saw that episode :) I'm talking about the whole race itself, because i would think we would see tons more if they weren't extinct, if thats how you say it, haha...

Erik Pasternak
September 26th, 2004, 02:21 PM
If they're extinct, that'd be a major blow to the series. I'm sure they are alive, my working theory is that the people we are seeing are Vedrans in disguise or simply that Dylan isn't on Tarn-Vedra.

Sela
September 26th, 2004, 06:48 PM
The planet could very well be Tarn Vedra and the people on the planet could be true Vedrens. This is an alternate universe after all. No matter what they do, that's the key - it's all AU.

Sela
September 26th, 2004, 06:56 PM
No big. I myself still like to think that it's only the five of them running that thing.

Me too. The ship seemed rather 'crowded' with a full crew on it. I like it with just them on the ship.

Also, I missed the first 10 minutes of the show. Can someone give me a play by play please?

Elwe Singollo
September 26th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Me too. The ship seemed rather 'crowded' with a full crew on it. I like it with just them on the ship.

Also, I missed the first 10 minutes of the show. Can someone give me a play by play please?Nothing much really happened, we see what happened after Dylan entered the route of ages. People call him the annoying word, "Intruder", and he falls down what seems to be a cliff, and wakes up to find a man (forgot the guys name) and he becomes a guide to Dylan throughout the town/city/w.e and yah, thats all i can remember. Hope that helped :)

Elwe Singollo
September 26th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Gosh, i hope those people aren't Tarn Vedrans, :( That would just make me hit my head against the wall.

Erik Pasternak
September 26th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Well, vedrans are blue cenataurs, so if it's them, there doing a good job of hiding it.

Sela
September 26th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Gosh, i hope those people aren't Tarn Vedrans, :( That would just make me hit my head against the wall.

That would hurt and leave a mark. Don't do that. :p

Erik Pasternak
September 26th, 2004, 07:38 PM
That would hurt and leave a mark. Don't do that. :p
I wouldn't worry. Miguel is so hard-headed that he wouldn't be affected.

Sela
September 26th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Nothing much really happened, we see what happened after Dylan entered the route of ages. People call him the annoying word, "Intruder", and he falls down what seems to be a cliff, and wakes up to find a man (forgot the guys name) and he becomes a guide to Dylan throughout the town/city/w.e and yah, thats all i can remember. Hope that helped :)

Actually....for me, not so such. Rats! I was hoping for something a little more dramatic picking up with Dylan meeting himself in the hallway and giving some explaination on what was happening. I guess they're going to drag that out through the first few episodes.

But thanks for trying! :)

Elwe Singollo
September 26th, 2004, 08:25 PM
:( Yah, i forgot to mention that they did show a little bit more of the Dylan seeing Dylan, but yah, it didn't seem important to me... I should put some 'spoiler' warnings up on my previous post, but i don't see why i should bother since it didn't really reveal anything thats important :rolleyes:

September 26th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Oh my goodness, I don't know whether I should cry or laugh at Thomas. He is so bad and not in a good way. Although I think Andromeda already jumped the shark, but I will see it through till the end. The Andromeda crew had amazing chemistry, much like what SG-1 used to have...*rambles on*

spg_1983
September 27th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Well, vedrans are blue cenataurs, so if it's them, there doing a good job of hiding it.
ok ill admit i only follow the series loosely but if tarn vedra is dylans home planet and the vedrans are centaurs, then whats up with dylan?

TechnoBoY
September 27th, 2004, 01:55 PM
When was this even shown?

morjana
September 27th, 2004, 02:04 PM
When was this even shown?

The fifth season premiere aired Friday on the SciFi Channel.

Morjana

Elwe Singollo
September 28th, 2004, 09:27 PM
I still think they do have chemistry, they just aren't showing it nemore ;) But i just watched the very first episode of Andromeda, i'm glad that they have slowly changed and little improved in both the writing (especially the stupid lines) and fighting. :)

Erik Bloodaxe
September 28th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Spoilers in this message, of course. ;)

If you thought that was good watch the first and second seasons.

Sadly, after the most recent premiere, I'm inclined to agree. :(

Season 3 was mediocre after they changed the creative teams, and the new one wished to go after the "casual viewer" which turned out to be a detriment to the central plotline; Season 4, on the other hand, was an improvement, but that Season 5 premiere seems to foreshadow an undoing of that. None of what happened is even anything approaching explained, the "amazing" place that Dylan wound up is just a post-Apocalyptic version of his homeworld, the main bad guy is more annoying that Jar Jar Binks :P, Rhade himself has for some reason gotten in league w/ the bad guy, only to have Dylan just need to beat the crap out of him to get him to become good again, and overall just simply raised more questions rather than provide any sort of answers to what came before, and they weren't even thought-provoking questions at that. :S I was hoping the second part would lift it all up again, but then I saw that promo; it appears as though they're just repeating the same essential plot, only this time it's Beka going from inexplicably bad to good. Will it be that she has to be beaten up too? :rolleyes: Anyway, it's the final season, so I'll continue to watch and see how it ends and hope it manages to do another uphill swing in quality like it did during the latter part of Season 3 and 4, but the writing seems to be on the wall that the change in creative teams was the worst thing that happened to the series. :eek:

Of course, this was the same way I felt at the beginning of Season 3 and that attitude had changed by the end, so I really hope the direction reverses and that said change will very soon occur once again. :D

-Bloodaxe

Gilder
September 29th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Glad I'm not the only one confused by "Andromeda" S5 Ep. 1.

Gilder

JakeDeuxPointZero
September 29th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Hmms... I saw about 5 season 4 eps, tops, and yet I somehow get what's going on with this whole Route of Ages (how the heck has no one said "Route of Ages" in this thread yet?) thing... anyways, I own season 1 on DVD, so I've seen all of that, but now that SciFi's doing Andromeda Tuesday (which I had hoped for since they got the rights to the show), I can catch up without having to lay down another $150... which is good. But I think I understand enough to tell what's going on in season 5, and I like it. This show is actually a pretty decent sci-fi show, just not enough people know it exists or give it a chance... which means there's almost no chance of a spinoff, which is a bummer.

LordAnubis
September 30th, 2004, 08:34 PM
You know, I was watching Andromeda the other day, and it occurred to me halfway through the show: THIS SUCKS. The acting was awful, the effects sucked, the aliens made me laugh more than Babylon 5's aliens did (except the Drakh, Vorlons, and Shadow thingies). So, I tried to be objective and said, "I'll watch another episode to give it another chance." I watched another episode and it sucked even worse.

So, I asked my friend in another dorm if I could borrow his Andromeda DVDs. I watched 2 more and said, no more.

Does anyone really like Andromeda? If so, why? Is it just me, or does anyone else think this show needs to die painfully? BTW, was Gene Roddenberry really involved with it?

Earth: The Final Conflict wasn't all that bad. I actually enjoyed it at times, but this...no way. I couldnt watch another episode. I'd rather watch Lexx than this swill!

Elwe Singollo
September 30th, 2004, 10:14 PM
The show will automatically make you hate it if you watched the beginning episodes, because imo, the newer season is way better, although i have mixed feelings with the fighting scenes :rolleyes:

Ramne
September 30th, 2004, 10:33 PM
I have tried to watch episodes, but I don't believe I have ever gotten through a whole one. Not so much that I hated it, but I didn't really know who anyone was, what the general story behind it was, and just couldn't get into it.

I believe Sci-Fi channel is having Andromeda tuesdays, similiar to SG-1 mondays, where they play a bunch of episodes in a row. I may have to make myself sit through a couple of them and see if I can garner an opinion on the show...

alaskannut
September 30th, 2004, 10:39 PM
The plant thingy that Trance holds onto like its her baby is a BONSAI tree - specifically a shimpaku, with a kick. It is from a different time for a different time. If the tree goes, so does the universe - as Trance explained it once.

Its been around since season 2, but this new and improved Trance was the one to tell Dylan to meaning behind it. Apprently, it carries in it the hope of peace. Blah blah blah.

Once again, I show just how much television I watch on saturdays. Say hello to "Sci-Fi Geek Extraordinaire" everyone.
Uhhh..not so much on the you as geek-extraordinaire...that would be me :eek:

FieryHands
September 30th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Like EFC, I liked the first season but it went downhill from there. Sadly, I spent most episodes wishing Dylan died and Rhade had survived because he was just so much more interesting. Then I saw that one episode of him where he did survive. It was okay. Nothing brilliant.

Mostly I dislike Dylan, he strikes me (from what I've been able to stomach) as the atypical space hero guy who tries to be dark at times but just doesn't pull it off in a believable way. I don't much care for Kevin Sorbo anyway--never a huge Hercules fan--but the very concept of "dumbing down" any show will turn me off pronto. And last I checked, his intro on the show was a little stupid sounding. Never say "our adventures". It just ruins the suspended belief thing and rustles up memories of "chose your own adventure" books.

However, I did enjoy Tyr. I love his type, never can quite fully trust them because you never know when they will turn on you. I hope the actor finds a better job like JM found Nip/Tuck.

There's some first season ep, I can't remember the name, about Rommie's sister ship and the affair between her and her captain. While I could totally imagine Kirk getting it on with the avatar of the Enterprise (somewhat icky really), the actual episode was moving and so sad. That was good Andromeda. Aside from that Michael Shanks episode (wasn't as crazy about his return but it was fair), random appearances of actors I like (James Marsters!!! Spike!!!! :D ) there's nothing I've found memorable or even worth more than five minutes of viewing before I flip the channel.

Oh yeah--hate Harper. Probably the only person who does, but he just annoys me to death, he sounds way to contemporary to live in the future. Haven't really seen much of the other Rhade because I haven't watched in forever. Can't bear it.

One final thing--does anyone know when Andromeda takes place? I have never been able to figure that out. Somewhere I read the 25th century or something, but that doesn't make sense.

---
I seem to like to say things suck a lot lately. I'll try to be positive from now on....yeah right. :rolleyes:

Elwe Singollo
September 30th, 2004, 10:48 PM
The actor who played Tyr is now on a soap opera now, not sure which one though... I liked his character, although i didn't like how he left the show...

Ramne
September 30th, 2004, 10:51 PM
He's on The Young and the Restless.

FieryHands
September 30th, 2004, 11:00 PM
I'll try to figure out when that's on. At some point. Thanks!

Larry
October 1st, 2004, 08:05 AM
I always liked Hercules in a "unplug your brain" sorta way. Usually enough attractive ladies, sword fights, and other assorted mythic stuff to keep me happy for an hour. So, when Herc ended his run, and Sorbo was going to this new Roddenberry vehicle, I thought.........hey it might be good. I tried, I really did. I gave it my best shot that first season, but I just couldn't hang with it. I don't hate Andromeda, but it sure doesn't hold my interest.

LordAnubis
October 1st, 2004, 11:31 AM
I always liked Hercules in a "unplug your brain" sorta way. Usually enough attractive ladies, sword fights, and other assorted mythic stuff to keep me happy for an hour. So, when Herc ended his run, and Sorbo was going to this new Roddenberry vehicle, I thought.........hey it might be good. I tried, I really did. I gave it my best shot that first season, but I just couldn't hang with it. I don't hate Andromeda, but it sure doesn't hold my interest.
Basically, IMO, as far as sci-fi goes, it sucks...and it sucks big time. I'm sorry to anyone who likes it, but it sucks. I'm not even sure Gene Rodenberry is really connected to it, or if his wife, Majel Barret, has something to do with it.

Larry
October 1st, 2004, 12:58 PM
I think the only connection with Gene Roddenberry is that this was one of the show ideas that he had in his files before he passed away. Earth: The Final Conflict was the same way. Anyway, it was most likely Roddenberry's idea that has been developed by others in hopes (in my opinion anyway) to cash in on his name.

yaaayoubetcha
October 1st, 2004, 07:39 PM
I liked the first couple seasons....not enough to tape them if i wasn't home or anything like that, but when i was home, i watched them.

Then as i understand it, Sorbo suddenly voiced the opinion that the show was too technical and too bound in 'hard' sf writing....and started demanding changes to scripts and stories to make them simpler and more friendly episodic stuff and generally being a real nag.

I don't know if that is true, but around s3 or so it really went downhill for me and i missed most of 3 and 4. I caught the final ep last season and was intrigued. I've watched the first 2 eps of this season in the new galaxy/universe/dimension and so far it's not bad.

And originally.....I was into it for the eye candy....lexa doig and laura betram...i'm not afraid to admit it! lol

MartoufMarty
October 1st, 2004, 08:00 PM
Generally, overall the show is cheesy. So cheesy I can make nachos with it (mm... nachos). Some episodes aren't so bad. Some are actually good. But most, are total crap. I HATE Dylan, LOVE Harper, Rhade, Rommie, and used to love Trance. She was cute when she was purple, and after a while when she first became the furturistic Trance, but after a while she became too cryptic and confusin for me.

I haven't really seen much of Season 4. A few episodes here and there. Sort of fallen out of it. Seen some of it though and my impression was of Rhade/Harper...

Show overall sucks, hate Dylan, love Rhade, Harper, and Rommie.

JakeDeuxPointZero
October 1st, 2004, 10:21 PM
I must be part of a minority. Somebody told me about this show about a year and a few months ago, and I wanted to check it out, so I got season 1 on DVD... although not on my money... I had to recover from some minor surgery and would be stuck on a couch for a week, so my parents said they'd buy me some TV Show DVD's... I chose this one, and I loved season 1. I had also seen some season 4... frankly, I don't know why I like this show. I just do. A personal opinion, I suppose... dunno. This new episode (I'm watching the rerun right now... I missed the original broadcast) is pretty good... I think this'll probably be a decent final season, but dunno.

MartoufMarty
October 1st, 2004, 11:14 PM
I must be part of a minority. Somebody told me about this show about a year and a few months ago, and I wanted to check it out, so I got season 1 on DVD... although not on my money... I had to recover from some minor surgery and would be stuck on a couch for a week, so my parents said they'd buy me some TV Show DVD's... I chose this one, and I loved season 1. I had also seen some season 4... frankly, I don't know why I like this show. I just do. A personal opinion, I suppose... dunno. This new episode (I'm watching the rerun right now... I missed the original broadcast) is pretty good... I think this'll probably be a decent final season, but dunno.
I haven't seen the first episode for the new season yet. I'll try to catch it somewhere.

JakeDeuxPointZero
October 1st, 2004, 11:16 PM
Hmm... the first part should be in syndication this week... at least, I'm pretty sure syndication is supposed to be a week behind.

MartoufMarty
October 2nd, 2004, 04:36 PM
Okay, I watched the season premiere, and got NOTHING out of it...

Well, except the fact that Rhade is quite yummy with the unshaven look. :P

Anyone DARE to explain?

Elwe Singollo
October 2nd, 2004, 04:41 PM
The second part seems to have gotten better from thef irst one, although i wish they got everyone instead of only Beka and Trance, which wasn't even Trance, a ball :rolleyes:

MartoufMarty
October 2nd, 2004, 04:45 PM
The second part seems to have gotten better from thef irst one, although i wish they got everyone instead of only Beka and Trance, which wasn't even Trance, a ball :rolleyes:
The second part is on next week so shh :P

Well, I probably won't understand anything of it even if you did talk about it :P

Can you explain what happened in part 1?

Elwe Singollo
October 3rd, 2004, 01:14 AM
The second part is on next week so shh :p

Well, I probably won't understand anything of it even if you did talk about it :p

Can you explain what happened in part 1?Simple and Fast, in part 1... He finds Camulus, err i mean, Rhade, and at first he dislikes him something about hope and faith, kind of stupid imo, then Rhade decides to be on Dylan's side again, then i forgot the rest...

MartoufMarty
October 3rd, 2004, 11:40 AM
Simple and Fast, in part 1... He finds Camulus, err i mean, Rhade, and at first he dislikes him something about hope and faith, kind of stupid imo, then Rhade decides to be on Dylan's side again, then i forgot the rest...
... What I kind of sort of got from it was:

They both saw bright lights and ended up there on Tarn Vedra.

I don't really get it. It did a really big flyby for me.

Elwe Singollo
October 3rd, 2004, 12:32 PM
... What I kind of sort of got from it was:

They both saw bright lights and ended up there on Tarn Vedra.

I don't really get it. It did a really big flyby for me.So your saying you didn't know what the bright light was? You'll see in the second part if thats what you mean.

MartoufMarty
October 3rd, 2004, 12:56 PM
So your saying you didn't know what the bright light was? You'll see in the second part if thats what you mean.
... I think that's what I mean...

I'M SO CONFUSED!

Okay, I'll just wait for next week and if I STILL don't get it, I'll come back and ask you for a play-by-play lol.

Manic
October 4th, 2004, 07:15 PM
While Rhade's reappearance was more confusing than playing 3D chess with checkers pieces on a Chinese checker board, Beka's was sadly predictable. Although I gotta admit, I didn't see the thing with Trance coming. I did hope Trance would look different when they found her, though. I just wish she hadn't gotten all amnesiatic on us.

Elwe Singollo
October 4th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Oh yes, i too did not like Trance having a touch of amnesia... But oh well, yay for Trance's new transformation, she looks more god-ess like, which i like :)