X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Guide Online: Insider: Richard Dean Anderson

From TV Guide Online:

http://tvguide.com/News/Insider/default.htm?cmsRedir=true&rmDate=08182006&cmsGuid={A79ED114-C5A1-4E50-BC49-9858BB9088F6}

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

INSIDER

Richard Dean Anderson Marks SG-1's 200th

by Ileane Rudolph

TV Guide caught up with Richard Dean Anderson on the Vancouver set of Sci Fi Channel's Stargate: SG-1, where he was making his first visit back since he left the show one and a half years ago to spend more time with his young daughter. Sitting in a mock wedding chapel, Anderson looked just fine in a tux, as he waited for a nuptial scene to begin. (SG-1 fans, you'll love it.) The occasion was special not only because of the former star's return — the first of two SG-1 and three Stargate Atlantis visits this season — but because the episode was the 200th of the decade-old show (airing Friday, Aug. 18, at 9 pm/ET). Anderson talked to us about the anniversary, why he returned and what he's been up to.

**major general snippage**

TV Guide: Did it feel like Claudia and Ben — from Farscape, of course — were interlopers in your domain? Or was it fun to work with new blood, see new faces?

Anderson: Oh god, yeah. I don't know whether I should even allude to this, but one of the ideas back then was that if I left the show, it would be the end of it.

TV Guide: Some fans were angry.

Anderson: I didn't know that part, but I was adamant with [executive producer] Brad [Wright]and Robert [Cooper] and anybody else who was in a position to listen, that it should forge ahead no matter what. It didn't matter who was going to leave the show, because the franchise is so strong, and it's been around a long time and it's been consistently well written. Sure, there were some stinkers along the way, which gladly we can all admit to. But we're the first ones to make fun of ourselves, to skewer ourselves.

**snippity doo-dah**

Send your comments on this article to online_insider @tvguide.com (remove the space BEFORE and AFTER the @ character).

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana
    Attached Files

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter
Working...
X