X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IGN: Richard Dean Anderson on returning to Stargate

http://tv.ign.com/articles/725/725838p1.html

Excerpt:

As to whether he might return again on the series, following this story arc, the actor said, "I can't tell you anything now. I'd love to be able to, but we haven't been talking at all about coming back or anything. I think everyone's being pragmatic about it, because realistically, they don't know if the show is going to go again; be picked up for an 11th year or not." But pressed if there was at least an opportunity left open to see O'Neill again, he did reveal, "Well, let's put it this way: They didn't kill me. Not that that would be a factor anyway in sci-fi!"

*click on link above for full text*

Originally posted by prion
    http://tv.ign.com/articles/725/725838p1.html

Excerpt:

As to whether he might return again on the series, following this story arc, the actor said, "I can't tell you anything now. I'd love to be able to, but we haven't been talking at all about coming back or anything. I think everyone's being pragmatic about it, because realistically, they don't know if the show is going to go again; be picked up for an 11th year or not." But pressed if there was at least an opportunity left open to see O'Neill again, he did reveal, "Well, let's put it this way: They didn't kill me. Not that that would be a factor anyway in sci-fi!"

*click on link above for full text*
    Wow. Wow. Wow.

Looks to me he wants to return. As in, come back to the show. That whole, "Well, let's put it this way" thing seems very much like our Mr. RDA trying to be coy.

You know what I say in response?

...Wait for it...
    OH PLEASE YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Wow. Wow. Wow.

Looks to me he wants to return. As in, come back to the show. That whole, "Well, let's put it this way" thing seems very much like our Mr. RDA trying to be coy.

You know what I say in response?

...Wait for it...
      OH PLEASE YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH! I *REALLY* do hope he returns. Gives me a reason to continue watching SG-1.

Start hoping, people! lol
      sigpic
      Past | LJ | Last.FM | IG

Comment

I'd love to see a season 11 with a full time Jack.

Especially a Jack & Vala interaction.
        I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

At this stage, and with the new storyline, I'd be open to RDA doing several appearances next season. But full-time, not sure if TPTB could afford it.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well, providing there is a seaons 11.... man, I'd love to see him again.

OH Dromag! second half season 10 spoiler.
            Spoiler:
            Claudia Black said in an interview she has a quite few scenes with RDA in the second episode he's in this season. I can't wait for it myself, especially if it's the episode I'm hoping it is...
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

No more season 11. I hope he is in the finale episode then.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
                No more season 11. I hope he is in the finale episode then.
                There's still hope!

Comment

Bring Jack back!
                  http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
                  sigpic
                  My fics at my site
                  Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                    At this stage, and with the new storyline, I'd be open to RDA doing several appearances next season. But full-time, not sure if TPTB could afford it.

I bet sci-fi could give the show and SGA more money if they took that wrestling garabage off the air. There are a number of shows they air that are not sci-fi type shows at all. I also believe that if they cut back on the B rated horror movies they could find their budget.
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I believe that the "wrestling garbage" is costing Sci-Fi very little to show. Yes it's not sci fi, but that particular organization needed a network that would broadcast it for them. Wrestling organization gets public notice, Sci Fi gets ratings + advertising dollars.

Comment

More interestingness.

Now, granted, this was pre-cancellation...but RDA is a savvy businessman and I'd be willing to bet he saw the writing on the wall quite a ways back.

I hope he gets back in though both in front of and behind the scenes.
                        Last edited by Uber; 23 August 2006, 10:13 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          More interestingness.

Now, granted, this was pre-cancellation...but RDA is a savvy businessman and I'd be willing to bet he saw the writing on the wall quite a ways back.

I hope he gets back in though both in front of and behind the scenes.
                          ...meh, it says it's "forbidden" on my end. D'ya have another link?

EDIT: ah. nevermind, it's accessible through the website. Thankee
                          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                          X