This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing Interest watching Sg-1?

Is anyone loosing interest in watching Stargate Sg-1 anymore since we have new characters? So much in the show has been changing right before our eyes ever since season 9.

I don't feel like I'm watching the true Sg-1 show anymore. It seems aloof from it's SG-1 title.

I'm not.

Comment

I think you need to go back on your meds!!!

i do in some way understand some of where you are coming from, start of season 9 i was a little put off by Vala and all the new people around, but by 3rd ep I was back in SG heaven and loving it all just as much as ever...

Open your mind to the changes and developments and it will be all good, sticking with the same crew over and over, is never gonig to happen in any shows (unless it be animated like simpsons... ) and for the SG guys to go 8 and 9 seasons with the same cast has been a magnificent effort, especially when you consider what sort of money they would be forking out now for the main players...
      Vows are spoken
      To be broken
      Feelings are intense
      Words are trivial
      Pleasures remain
      So does the pain
      Words are meaningless
      And forgettable

All I ever wanted
      All I ever needed
      Is here in my arms
      Words are very unnecessary
      They can only do harm

Comment

I hate you roseblue

what an awful thing to say.

Comment

I'm actually enjoying season 10 more then season 9. Sometimes it takes a bit to warm up to the new cast. I'm loosing more interest in SGA, but there are moments in each episode that keeps me coming back. I believe SGA has some redeeming qualities so I'll keep watching it, and of course, I'm too obsessed with SG-1 to quit watching it now.

Comment

I feel like SG-1 is getting back to how it used to be. Daniel is acting like an archaeologist again, SG-1 and Earth are totally outgunned, there is a whole lot more new technology to be gained.

I think it's great
            An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

loosing != losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgasshk
                I think you need to go back on your meds!!!

i do in some way understand some of where you are coming from, start of season 9 i was a little put off by Vala and all the new people around, but by 3rd ep I was back in SG heaven and loving it all just as much as ever...

Open your mind to the changes and developments and it will be all good, sticking with the same crew over and over, is never gonig to happen in any shows (unless it be animated like simpsons... ) and for the SG guys to go 8 and 9 seasons with the same cast has been a magnificent effort, especially when you consider what sort of money they would be forking out now for the main players...
                I agree with you for it was almost the same with me. After Avalon I had to watch it again to see what I thought. I missed RDA and wasnt sure about the new characters. After my second viewing I was really enjoying it and after Avalon part 2, I was in SG-1 heaven. I truly enjoyed season 9 and am really enjoy season 10!
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by B O Y S C O U T
                  I hate you roseblue

what an awful thing to say.
                  Stay on the thread topic.

Comment

Yes many people seem to be losing interest, and I know my reasons are related to it not being Classic SG-1 anymore, but I do not know other peoples motivations. I am sure people are losing interest for lots of reasons. Some may not like the new characters, some may not like the new plot, some may not like the writing or the handling of the classic sg-1 characters. Some maybe just are tired of the show. Either way it does appear at this point some peoples interest are waning.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Yes I'm also losing interest in SG-1. I was open minded about a S9 but found that season weaker then S8. It had nothing to do with RDA had left, I was actually saying back then that he probably needed to go if the show was to move forward again. Today I truly wish they had ended it at S8. I'm glad for those that do enjoy the new season, but I can't really get into it anymore.

"Classic" Stargate was all about keeping it as real as possible, it had a lot of exploring. And the Goa'uld was the main threat, but wasn't always spoken about or seen on the screen. Today we have Ori involded somehow in every single episode. The plots feel more slow/boring now, Teal'c and Sam have been shoved into the background. Vala still goes on my nerves, though not as much as in S9. Mitchell was poorly written in S9, Vala was more of a lead then he was which I found wrong. Now I can stand Mitchell even though I don't really care for the character.

I'm still not sure if I will buy S9 & S10 on DVD, tried to watch S9 again and give it another chance, but I just don't find much good about it.

Comment

I found the recent episode (Insiders) rather lacking and predictable and it would have been a stronger episode if Carter made a different choice when she was threatened with another persons life. It says a lot about the episodes this season. None of the characters are going through a huge turmoil at the moment. Every episode I feel at the moment is being rushed and contained inside a nice bottle at the expense of good character drama.

The atlantis episode could have been a 2 parter and plot points could have been explored fully. Daniel for example didn't really see Atlantis did he or learn anything new that we didn't know before? The episode did answer one question and that was how much Atlantis had been explored but there was nothing else, for me it was an anti-climax and the episode suffered.

I'm still going to watch it however.

Comment

Open your mind to the changes and developments and it will be all good,
                          Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if such fairy tales came true? I went into S9 with an entirely open mind. I really wanted the changes to work, I wanted to like Mitchell...sadly, the appalling way the character was introduced and continues to be written, the awful scripts, the reliance on silly transporters to whisk our heroes out of any hint of danger (the ones on Trek at least broke down occasionally putting our heroes in peril) and a host of other reasons which I'm not going into yet again killed any hope of my enjoying the mess they've made of a once great show.

Change in a show is good. Per se. But the changes have to be logical and flow seamlessly into the show's past. Not clumsy introduced and even more clumsily continued. In a show that once prided itself on its continuity and military accuracy we now have something that shoehorns plot and characters in even when they contradict what's happened in the past and make no sense whatsoever. Where once the writers would work themselves out of a plot hole they've created in an intelligent manner, now they seem to think, "Who cares? They'll never notice.". Well, some of us do notice. And we care that we've lost something of quality that's degenerated into a parody of itself.

So, please accept that not everyone shares your rosey view of the show now and don't insult our intelligence by telling us all we need to do is open our eyes to realise this is just the bestest show ever.

Albion
                          Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                            I'm not.
                            The same here. Actually I'm enjoying SG-1 more and more every single day.
                            T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Sasusc
                              I'm actually enjoying season 10 more then season 9. Sometimes it takes a bit to warm up to the new cast. I'm loosing more interest in SGA, but there are moments in each episode that keeps me coming back. I believe SGA has some redeeming qualities so I'll keep watching it, and of course, I'm too obsessed with SG-1 to quit watching it now.
                              For me the new cast is THE REASON for which I actually started watching SG-1...
                              T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Working...
                              X