• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Zealand article on Stargate SG-1

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411423/414121

Excerpt:

So why did Shanks return?"
    The main criteria for tempting me was I knew that
    the character was going to be utilised," he told What Satellite and Digitial
    TV."The set-up of this year was that Richard (Dean Anderson) wanted to be in
    less of the show this year than he had in previous seasons and he was giving a
    lot more opportunity for the three supporting characters to carry the show."The
    characters are going off on their own adventures a little bit more, but also
    when we are all there it's not just the four of us - three people standing
    about, one person doing all the talking kind of thing - there are a lot more
    character driven stories than there were before."I think the dynamic between all
    the chracters is getting fleshed out."

*Click on link above for the full text*

Trust the Kiwi's to be 2 years behind?

Comment

3 years...

Who knows, maybe they're jsut getting seaosn 7 now....
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        Trust the Kiwi's to be 2 years behind?

That article has been reprinted so many times it's rediculous.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
          That article has been reprinted so many times it's rediculous.

Morjana
          You mean ridiculous

But it's press!

Comment

Originally posted by prion

But it's press!

Not when it's the EXACT same article.

And it's OLD, OLD news.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
              Not when it's the EXACT same article.

And it's OLD, OLD news.

Morjana
              But.... they're obviously showing season 8 in New Zealand, so perhaps it's not news to them. But also, it's nice that hey, some press covers Stargate. The US press is pretty much sucky when it comes to coverage on either of the gates, except for the manic shove by Sony/et al for the "200th" episode. Otherwise, SCifi pushes BSG and now Eureka.

And many fans still ask on boards to this date why Daniel Jackson left, so obviously they're new fans

Comment

Yup they have just finish showing Season 8 on tv last Saturday.

Although fans would have bought the DVDs when it first came out. SG DVDs are usually top sellers.

At one point with the public and cable networks combined, we get to see season 6-8 every weekend.

Prion is right at least we get SG press instead of the usual aweful verbiage of reality TV. *Shudders*. Ok I really hate reality tv.

Comment

Well, it's not our fault!!!! Also, in our defense, that article has been up for like a year, or more.

TV2 didn't even finish playing Season 7. They just stopped it half way through. I was so angry, cause I think it was 2 episodes before Heroes, and I was anticipating that ep so much.

We've also only have one season of Atlantis.

As for the DVD's, I haven't found any store that actually sells them. One video store, I know of, has them for hire, but that's it. It's so annoying. So yeah.

I am, however, greatly anticipating "200"
                  sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                  "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                  My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz
                    Well, it's not our fault!!!! Also, in our defense, that article has been up for like a year, or more.

TV2 didn't even finish playing Season 7. They just stopped it half way through. I was so angry, cause I think it was 2 episodes before Heroes, and I was anticipating that ep so much.

We've also only have one season of Atlantis.

As for the DVD's, I haven't found any store that actually sells them. One video store, I know of, has them for hire, but that's it. It's so annoying. So yeah.

I am, however, greatly anticipating "200"
                    That really sucks about TV2!

Comment

Yep, and they played season 8 before they had finished. But we have "sky" here, which is basically Cable TV, and one of the cable channels started playing season 7. It was funny cause 7 was on Friday nights, then 8 was on Saturday afternoons. Oh and Atlantis was on on Thursday nights. Now there's no Stargate at all on
                      sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                      "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                      My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                      X