Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe the Asurans can help defeat the Ori?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the Asurans can help defeat the Ori?

That would be some nice cross-series action, don't you think? I wonder if the Asuran's technology could cut through the Ori shields... they can walk through walls for pete's sake... maybe their weapons can cut through advanced shields. Imagine a starship in the shape of Atlantis cutting through a fleet of Ori battleships!

It would be pretty cool. Personally I think it'd be even better if we got ZPMs and was also able to bring Atlantis back to the milky way for a bit to fight them.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Why would they do that?

They are just like the Ascended, they can help, and they are safe, but they just don't give a damn.

Frankly, if I were them, I'm not sure I would give a damn either.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
        Why would they do that?

They are just like the Ascended, they can help, and they are safe, but they just don't give a damn.

Hmm if push came to shove, I think they would want to survive just like Baal did when the replicators invaded the milky way.

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze
          Hmm if push came to shove, I think they would want to survive just like Baal did when the replicators invaded the milky way.
          Of course, but we'd probably be dead by the time push came to shove

Comment

if sg1/sga get canceled then they should make a miniseries or movies dipicting friendly asurans vs ori toilets sagraal etc
            A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't count on the Asurans for help against the Ori. I don't think they'd ever care about helping us after what we've done to them.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                Why would they do that?

They hate the Ancients... if they learn that the Ori are an offshoot of the Ancients, i.e. relatives of those who they want revenge against!

Comment

ya got a point there
                  A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                    They hate the Ancients... if they learn that the Ori are an offshoot of the Ancients, i.e. relatives of those who they want revenge against!
                    True, however, the Ori and the Ancients are at odds. For all we know, the Asurans might be willing to help the Ori accomplish their goal of destroying the Ancients.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                      True, however, the Ori and the Ancients are at odds. For all we know, the Asurans might be willing to help the Ori accomplish their goal of destroying the Ancients.
                      the asurans only wanted to destroy atlantis because the lanteans weren't there anymore.

the asurans had a basic directive in their programming stating that they couldn't hurt the ancients. And considering their programming also had another directive stating that they couldn't change their programming - they still won't be able to attack / defend themselves from the ancients.

Comment

Nah, both groups want to destroy the Ancients.

I think they're more likely to become friends and allies.

Afterall, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

OMG!!! What an unholy alliance the Ori and Asurans could make.

Who knows, maybe a Prior can change the Asuran's programming so they can get their vengeance against the Ancients. Some of the Asurans want to Ascend, they'll find Origin as a way to do that. Im sure they won't provide any life-force energy to the Ascended Ori but the Ori will keep them at their side as yet another weapon in their fight against the Ancients.
                        http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                        http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                          Who knows, maybe a Prior can change the Asuran's programming so they can get their vengeance against the Ancients. Some of the Asurans want to Ascend, they'll find Origin as a way to do that. Im sure they won't provide any life-force energy to the Ascended Ori but the Ori will keep them at their side as yet another weapon in their fight against the Ancients.

I could definently see that happening.
                          I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

your assuming they don't blow each other to hell as soon as they see each other...i reckon as soon as the ori lay there eyes on an asuran city ship or ancient asuran warship there not going to spend time introducing themselves
                            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

This is all speculation. The Ori could have helped us at one point. But Weir has made that time pretty much gone. way to go, Weir.

Comment

Working...
                              X