This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-25 is an Army Team?

In the episode "Uninvited," SG-25 appeared to be wearing the U.S. Army ACUPAT digital camoflage. Could this be the oft-requested Army presence at the SGC?
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Originally posted by Major Tyler
    In the episode "Uninvited," SG-25 appeared to be wearing the U.S. Army ACUPAT digital camoflage. Could this be the oft-requested Army presence at the SGC?
    Yeap I noticed it as well. They are wearing Army covers as well. It looks like the Army finally got their own SGC team.

Comment

Hopefully Army Rangers... honestly that is most likely what the SGC teams be made up of...

Rangers and Marines...

Ace
      "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Now all they need is navy taking over the 304's.
        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper

Actually I was thinking it would be cool if the SGC had a SEAL unit or two.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
            I think it would be. The seals are a great uinit and would be perfect for an SG team.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
              While it would be cool... there is no real point in having a SEAL team assigned to the SGC unless the planet is covered with alot of water.

Rangers and Marines are better suited for the type of operations the SGC handle.

Ace

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                While it would be cool... there is no real point in having a SEAL team assigned to the SGC unless the planet is covered with alot of water.

Rangers and Marines are better suited for the type of operations the SGC handle.

Ace
                Why wouldnt SEAL's be good for the SGC? They operate in small units. The SG teams are small units. They are experts at covert tactic's. The SG teams use allot of covert tactics. The list could go on. Honestly I dont see the Rangers being a good candidate for a SG team. It would more likely be green berets or delta force. I spent 2 years as a part of 2nd Force Recon and worked with SEAL's, Army SF, Royal Marines etc. I can see where the green berets would have allot to bring to the table at the SGC.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
                  Yes...because of all that water in space.

I do agree that a SEAL SG team would be cool.
                  Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCgrunt
                    Why wouldnt SEAL's be good for the SGC? They operate in small units. The SG teams are small units. They are experts at covert tactic's. The SG teams use allot of covert tactics. The list could go on. Honestly I dont see the Rangers being a good candidate for a SG team. It would more likely be green berets or delta force. I spent 2 years as a part of 2nd Force Recon and worked with SEAL's, Army SF, Royal Marines etc. I can see where the green berets would have allot to bring to the table at the SGC.
                    I agree a SEAL unit could be a great addition!
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Ohh... I agree that SEAL's could do the job! I'm not disagreeing with that, but I don't think that they would be utilized correctly if they were assigned to the SGC.

It's like when SEAL teams were assigned to take Noriega's plane during the invasion of Panama. That's not their speciality... but they did it successfully but with several KIA and more wounded. That type of mission is more meant for the Rangers maybe even Airborne.

How could Rangers not be a good candidate for an SG team? They are the Army's elite Light-Infantry unit... they are perfectly suited for operations that the SGC deal with.

The Green Berets are in a similar situation as Navy SEALs... they could certainly do the job but that's not what they are meant for. They are meant for training indigenious forces to fight the enemy.

All be it... they are better suited for missions that could teach people how to fight the Ori or Goa'uld. But there is no evidence that the SGC does this...

Delta Force is all about Counter-terrorism... however I'll admit that I don't know much about them as a unit, so I'll just take your word for it.

Ace

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                        Ohh... I agree that SEAL's could do the job! I'm not disagreeing with that, but I don't think that they would be utilized correctly if they were assigned to the SGC.

It's like when SEAL teams were assigned to take Noriega's plane during the invasion of Panama. That's not their speciality... but they did it successfully but with several KIA and more wounded. That type of mission is more meant for the Rangers maybe even Airborne.

How could Rangers not be a good candidate for an SG team? They are the Army's elite Light-Infantry unit... they are perfectly suited for operations that the SGC deal with.

The Green Berets are in a similar situation as Navy SEALs... they could certainly do the job but that's not what they are meant for. They are meant for training indigenious forces to fight the enemy.

All be it... they are better suited for missions that could teach people how to fight the Ori or Goa'uld. But there is no evidence that the SGC does this...

Delta Force is all about Counter-terrorism... however I'll admit that I don't know much about them as a unit, so I'll just take your word for it.

Ace
                        You are overlooking a big factor here. The Army Rangers are nothing more than highly trained line infantry soldiers. They are meant for taking airfields and big objectives. They do their job very well I might add. The SGC is all about SMALL UNIT WARFARE. The Rangers operate on the regiment level. Now if we had a big fight that we need allot of troops then I can see where the Rangers would come into play maybe but then again we already have the SGC Marines that are more than capable of taking care of that. The Army Green Berets are not just for training others to fight. When I was part of OEF in Afghanistan my Recon platoon worked very closely with Army SF and we did a heck of allot more than train friendly Afghans to fight. I think the Green Berets would be much more suited than the Rangers to do the work that the SGC does. The same goes for the Navy SEAL teams. They are small units that are very capable at what they do.

Comment

The Canadian AIRCOM has CADPAT camo, why not USAF?

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyMckay
                            The Canadian AIRCOM has CADPAT camo, why not USAF?
                            Simple answer is that the USAF has such little ground offensive forces that they have no need for it. They are better off using the old woodland style cammies. The real USAF is actually in the middle of picking a new utility uniform and it is ugly beyond belief. They took some old vietnam era tigerstripes and made them blue, black and grey.

Comment

You are overlooking a big factor here. The Army Rangers are nothing more than highly trained line infantry soldiers.
                              I'm not sure I would call them nothing more... but yes they are highly trained line infantry soliders. Which is why I think they are better suited to the objectives the SGC has then for Air Force Special Forces who are trained to either set up landing zones or evac downed pilots.

They are meant for taking airfields and big objectives. They do their job very well I might add. The SGC is all about SMALL UNIT WARFARE. The Rangers operate on the regiment level. Now if we had a big fight that we need allot of troops then I can see where the Rangers would come into play maybe but then again we already have the SGC Marines that are more than capable of taking care of that.
                              I can agree to this... but like all commands they have small units. Squads or Platoons. Which is why we probably should see more Sgts and Lieutenants leading teams! Honestly why would a Colonel who probably should be leading leading a Regiment of about 2000 men be leading a 4 man team?

The Army Green Berets are not just for training others to fight. When I was part of OEF in Afghanistan my Recon platoon worked very closely with Army SF and we did a heck of allot more than train friendly Afghans to fight.
                              I agree... I have never said that is the only thing they do. Certainly not... they are very good at what they do which is why US commanders utilize them. However their main function, their speciality is in training indigenious forces to fight.

Just as Navy SEALs speciality is in attacking units near water. Most military units see water as an obstacle... whereas SEALs see it as a haven.

I think the Green Berets would be much more suited than the Rangers to do the work that the SGC does. The same goes for the Navy SEAL teams. They are small units that are very capable at what they do.
                              I agree that SEALs and Green Berets perform their jobs very effectively in small units. But I think they are probably too specialized to be used effectively for the SGC.

Most Green Beret and SEAL missions are designed to destroy enemy strongholds or distrupt enemy supply lines or communications. They handle very specific tasks with a great deal of intelligence (not always, but certainly most of the time)

Most missions the SGC handle have to deal with recon and exploring and occasionally getting into a scuffle.

I personally feel that this type of missions are more suited to small Ranger units... I'd like to continue the discussion but I'm dead tired from events earlier in the day. I'll will be back on tomorrow...

Good conversation!!

Ace

Comment

Working...
                              X