Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carter - What's UP With Her in Season 10?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter - What's UP With Her in Season 10?

Watching season 10 has been odd, with respect to Carter. What's up with her? Something is off. Something is different. I haven't been able to put my finger on it, but something has definitely changed. Is it her voice? Her looks? Her level of energy? Her interest?

Anyone else feel this way?

She seems a little more light hearted and willing to joke around. I personaly like the change. She is not so all business all the time any more.

Comment

Originally posted by saint27
      She seems a little more light hearted and willing to joke around. I personaly like the change. She is not so all business all the time any more.
      Yeah, I read in some interview, or maybe it was here on Gateworld that they were planning to make Carter funnier.
      An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

O'neills influence on her

Comment

Maybe it is just me. I wasn't referring to her being more funny or lighthearted, more like quieter, with a much more soft voice, and less sparkle in her eyes. Almost like she is tired or uninterested.

Comment

Amanda has a baby at home now, I am sure that lowers her concentration on SG.

Comment

Originally posted by Landon
              Amanda has a baby at home now, I am sure that lowers her concentration on SG.
              Yeah, that's kinda where I was going. She's just "OFF" from the old Sam.

Comment

Well, maybe it's because Jack really exhausts her back at home
                *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor
                  Well, maybe it's because Jack really exhausts her back at home
                  i like THAT idea!!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1TOM
                    I've noticed the difference, but I wouldn't say "off" if anything I think she is more focused. I personally like her being mor laid back.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1TOM
                      Oh I see where you're going. It would certainly take it out of you having a job that's know for having pretty long hours, as well as a young child at home.

My flatemate has a young baby, and it tires me out, and I'm just a lazy student who doesn't even have a job!

Comment

Carter and Teal'c are both "off" this year. I believe it's a lack of stroy line that involves her. The writer's have also dumbed her down a tad and poor Teal'c is becoming a fixture.

The show is not as SG-1 oriented as it used to be. It's becomeing more Vala/Landry centered with a few "Mitchell moments."

I like the old Carter who showed more range of emotion, that character used to have a much wider range of action and reactions to situations. Now she has been reduced to Mitchell and Vala's side kick.

Teal'c used to have a calling or purpose, "free the Jaffa" doesn't seem to ring out anymore.

Now, I only see the "old Sam" when she plays off McKay.

I am still waiting to see the "old Teal'c"
                        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie
                          Carter and Teal'c are both "off" this year. I believe it's a lack of stroy line that involves her. The writer's have also dumbed her down a tad and poor Teal'c is becoming a fixture.

The show is not as SG-1 oriented as it used to be. It's becomeing more Vala/Landry centered with a few "Mitchell moments."

I like the old Carter who showed more range of emotion, that character used to have a much wider range of action and reactions to situations. Now she has been reduced to Mitchell and Vala's side kick.

Teal'c used to have a calling or purpose, "free the Jaffa" doesn't seem to ring out anymore.

Now, I only see the "old Sam" when she plays off McKay.

I am still waiting to see the "old Teal'c"
                          I agree I think it has more to do with how the storylines have been written than anything to do with Amanda's personal life. While I don't disagree that being a new mom/parent is tiring and that she may be exhausted a good deal of the time just as I'm sure Chris, Michael and Claudia are with their new babies. I've actually though Teal'c, Daniel and Sam were all a bit off the past two seasons, but I always felt it was due to the way the characters have been written and directed the past two seasons rather than anything to do with the actors themselves.
                          Last edited by ForeverSg1; 11 August 2006, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            I agree I think it has more to do with how the storylines have been written than anything to do with Amanda's personal life. While I don't disagree that being a new mom/parent is tiring and she may be exhausted a good deal of the time just as I'm sure Chris, Michael and Claudia are with their new babies. I just think the changes we are seeing in Sam are more a direction in the writing rather than with the actress.
                            I think they'll pick up. So far the main plot has been searching for Merlin’s thingy, which involves only a small amount of sciency stuff for specific tasks, and almost never requires Teal'c talent for ass kicking. It's a Daniel Jackson story arch, with Mitchell given a role because he is quasi team leader, and Vala is Daniels groupie.

I think the characters will have more to do when we actually meet Ori troops in a ground battle, and when Sam needs to invent/study Ori weapons and ships.

Comment

I don't see any difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X