This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The number "200" is wrong!

Hey, I picked this up this week and didn't get around to posting it, but on one season 7 ep, Heroes Part 1, Carter said to O'neill that they had 1000 travels thru the stargate, and I have the transcripts, from Heroes P1, to back it up:

SCENE: Control room, Sam comes down the stairs, Jack's drinking coffee.
    CARTER: Sir? Did you do your interview yet?
    O'NEILL: Yeah ...
    CARTER: Mary Steinbergen
    O'NEILL: She's so hot. *Sam smiles* Carter, can you tell me the reason for this documentary again?
    CARTER: Didn't you read the memo? *Jack gives her a look, as they head downstairs.* ah ... officially it's to chronicle the 1,000th trip through the Stargate but I think there's more to it than that.
    O'NEILL: 1,000 you say.
    CARTER: I know hard to believe we've been at it this long.
    O'NEILL: There should be a cake.

Jesus is Lord!

So what's wrong with 200? It is still the 200th episode.
    *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

Yeah, what does that got to do with "200"?
      "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel
        Hey, I picked this up this week and didn't get around to posting it, but on one season 7 ep, Heroes Part 1, Carter said to O'neill that they had 1000 travels thru the stargate, and I have the transcripts, from Heroes P1, to back it up:

SCENE: Control room, Sam comes down the stairs, Jack's drinking coffee.
        CARTER: Sir? Did you do your interview yet?
        O'NEILL: Yeah ...
        CARTER: Mary Steinbergen
        O'NEILL: She's so hot. *Sam smiles* Carter, can you tell me the reason for this documentary again?
        CARTER: Didn't you read the memo? *Jack gives her a look, as they head downstairs.* ah ... officially it's to chronicle the 1,000th trip through the Stargate but I think there's more to it than that.
        O'NEILL: 1,000 you say.
        CARTER: I know hard to believe we've been at it this long.
        O'NEILL: There should be a cake.

1000 Trips through the stargate yes but there is more then one SG Team. and not every trip that is made through the gate has been made into a show. how many times has Teal'c been and gone without us seeing him leave and return???

I have lost count.

Comment

I think its SG-1's 200th trip. The 1000th trip was referring to all the trips through the stargate
          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun
            Yeah, what does that got to do with "200"?
            Its not called 200 just because its the 200th episode. What I'm talking about is that in the spoilers and from the preview at the end of the AOL Vignette for Uninvited, they say that theyve travelled 200 trips thru the Stargate.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Wonky Bob
              1000 Trips through the stargate yes but there is more then one SG Team. and not every trip that is made through the gate has been made into a show. how many times has Teal'c been and gone without us seeing him leave and return???

I have lost count.
              Yeah, I realised that. Now I get it. When, in the spoilers , it talks about the 200th trip, its only talking about SG-1. when in reference to 1000 trips, its referring to ALL of the SG Teams.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Its not called 200 just because its the 200th episode. What I'm talking about is that in the spoilers and from the preview at the end of the AOL Vignette for Uninvited, they say that theyve travelled 200 trips thru the Stargate.
                No the 200th trip refers to Mitchell, not the whole SG-1.
                "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

I saw that too but i took it to mean that each episode was 1 trip thus 200. Not a literal interpertation of 200 trips becasue how many times have they gone through to a planet and come back and gate somewhere else and so forth and so on. but why does it really matter?
                  The enemy has spoken

Comment

Yeah, I realised that. Now I get it. When, in the spoilers , it talks about the 200th trip, its only talking about SG-1.
                    I seriously doubt it! Sam tells her father in Tok'ra II that she travels through the gate two or three times a week. By this time even SG1 would have travelled through the gate far more than a mere 200 times!

There has been discussion on this elsewhere and the concensus is that it's Mitchell's 200th trip, not the SGC's or SG1's.

Which is, of course typical of the new show. Bring it all down to being all about Mitchell at all costs.

Albion
                    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun
                      No the 200th trip refers to Mitchell, not the whole SG-1.
                      No it doesnt. No. ANd its not all about Mitchell.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Enemyone
                        I saw that too but i took it to mean that each episode was 1 trip thus 200. Not a literal interpertation of 200 trips becasue how many times have they gone through to a planet and come back and gate somewhere else and so forth and so on. but why does it really matter?
                        Thru the earth stargate, and SG-1 doesn't go thru the Stargate every episode.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

According to the latest AOL vignette covering Uninvited and 200, Mitchell says, "we are about to go on a mission to commemorate my 200th trip through the gate."

Clip available on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfPmLkel2ZQ

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                            According to the latest AOL vignette covering Uninvited and 200, Mitchell says, "we are about to go on a mission to commemorate my 200th trip through the gate."

Clip available on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfPmLkel2ZQ
                            Okay, ur right. Just, woah. Mitchell's been on 200 missions. That's a lot of missions. For one person.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Okay, ur right. Just, woah. Mitchell's been on 200 missions. That's a lot of missions. For one person.
                              Yep, no longer the new guy...

Comment

Working...
                              X