This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now wheres Peter?

So I got a question. How come Peter DeLuise has all of a sudden stopped writing these past two years for Stargate? Hes still on the directing scene but why hasn't he written any more episodes since Season 8? Anyone know the reason?
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Maybe he prefers directing...

Comment

Originally posted by B O Y S C O U T
      Maybe he prefers directing...
      If that were true, then why did he ask Brad about writing his first episode ("The First Ones") and then continue writing for another four seasons after that? No, theres gotta be some reason.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't know. My guess is he's too busy directing both SG-1 and Atlantis that he practically has no time for writing episodes.
        "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
          So I got a question. How come Peter DeLuise has all of a sudden stopped writing these past two years for Stargate? Hes still on the directing scene but why hasn't he written any more episodes since Season 8? Anyone know the reason?
          lol thought you were asking about Pete Shanahannamanna.... the worst character ever.

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun
            I don't know. My guess is he's too busy directing both SG-1 and Atlantis that he practically has no time for writing episodes.
            I have to agree. He has alot on his plate directing two shows simultaniously.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I thought this thread was about "Pete the Ex" too.

I did like Pete Shanahan but just not with Sam. Hmm, Pete and Daniel?
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                I heard somewhere that he decided to take time off Stargate to spend time with his family (like what Brad Wright did in Season 7, and RDA did in bite size pieces in Seasons 6-8 and full time during Season 9 and beyond). And I think in SGA Season 2 he had his name taken off the credits (I think he was credited as a Producer)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                  I heard somewhere that he decided to take time off Stargate to spend time with his family (like what Brad Wright did in Season 7, and RDA did in bite size pieces in Seasons 6-8 and full time during Season 9 and beyond). And I think in SGA Season 2 he had his name taken off the credits (I think he was credited as a Producer)
                  That makes sense. Even talented people on gerat shows have a life and need a break from time to time.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                    lol thought you were asking about Pete Shanahannamanna.... the worst character ever.
                    actually .. shanahan... well yes hes a dork, but i always thought Col. Samuels was the worst... thank god he was replaced with Harry Maybourne. IMHO maybourne is great, often the bad guy, but funny in the least

Harry: theres nothing like a good weiner.
                    Jack: yes harry, you are what you eat.
                    SAVE SG-1
                    www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                    Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie
                      I thought this thread was about "Pete the Ex" too.

I did like Pete Shanahan but just not with Sam. Hmm, Pete and Daniel?
                      if you had read the opening post it is written that it is Peter DeLuise
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Ah, thats understandable. A shame though cause I've pretty much loved every episode hes written for the show (both SG1 and Atlantis).
                        sigpic

Comment

shows you wat doing a tv show for 10 years will do to ya
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I seem to recall reading that he's simply to busy with directing and producing to get around to writing, as well. He is one of the franchise's primary directors.

a time to mourn

Comment

I heard he's writing the entire Season 11 of SG1 and Season 4 of Atlantis right now, as well as the Movie.... I heard it from a fairy outside my window lol...

He may be writing in his spare time, but waiting for a way to incorperate his work into the Shows story... maybe a writers block.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Working...
                              X