Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why have'nt we bothered trying to interface the Furling's power source?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Paradise Lost, we found a power source that was made by the Furlings. Why haven't we bothered trying to make it work with our technology or to power up Atlantis? For all we know, it could be as powerful as a ZPM.
    sigpic

Thats a great idea. Like many other threads, however, I think the writers will leave it dangling.

I'd like to see Daniel's grandpa again, the elusive "green one", and the chick that O'Neill left behind in a hundred days.

I'd really like to see the Furlings,
    Spoiler:
    but i think their appearence in 200 will be a tease or a joke.

The tendency of the writers to leave things like this alone puts good ideas like the one you have to waste.

Comment

Maybe they have. I just don't think it'd be SG1's job to do that, they're front line after all.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by geewillie86
        the elusive "green one"
        What's that?

Comment

geewillie's referring to the green wire alternate Mitchell mentions at the end of Ripple Effect. Our Mitchell is supposed to cut it, but he hasn't had any opportunity to do so.
          SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Because the writers haven't written that in the show.

Comment

What makes you think we haven't tried and found it's too weak? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by tommiekins
                Maybe they have. I just don't think it'd be SG1's job to do that, they're front line after all.
                Exactly! I'm sure lots of things have gone on in the Stargate Universe we haven't seen. That kind of stuff is for other SG-teams to worry about, not SG-1. We'd only hear about it if it was successful.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

They weren't even able to figure out how the Furling device worked, what makes you think the power source would be any less complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                    geewillie's referring to the green wire alternate Mitchell mentions at the end of Ripple Effect. Our Mitchell is supposed to cut it, but he hasn't had any opportunity to do so.
                    Collatteral Damage should be your chance there. JM mentioned a few episodes that were foreshadowed by Ripple Effect. CD is the one we haven't seen yet so it is probably in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                      Collatteral Damage should be your chance there. JM mentioned a few episodes that were foreshadowed by Ripple Effect. CD is the one we haven't seen yet so it is probably in there.
                      I agree that is the m ost likely episode that the green wire comes in. Can't wait for 200 and even if the Furlings is just Jacks idea of what they look like, I will still be a happy camper.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                      X