X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Convention running set visit contest

http://www.showmastersonline.com

GREAT NEWS FOR STARGATE FANS - - -
    We have been very lucky in being able to arrange a great competition for any fan of Stargate; the chance to win a trip to the SG-1 set in Vancouver during filming of the new series! You and a friend will get to meet some of the cast and tour the sets.

On top of that there will also be an auction featuring original props from
    Stargate, provided by executive producer N. John Smith. More details will be announced shortly, but make sure you mark Collectormania
    G-Mex in Manchester in your diary and keep checking the website for updates.

If you're a Stargate fan, then the 18th and 19th of November will be unmissable!
    ______
    Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

So... if the convention is on Nov 19 then s10 will have long finished shooting. Do they know something we don't know? Like has SG been renewed or is it just 'tough luck' if it doesn't get renewed?

Comment

Originally posted by windy
      So... if the convention is on Nov 19 then s10 will have long finished shooting. Do they know something we don't know? Like has SG been renewed or is it just 'tough luck' if it doesn't get renewed?
      They don't film the entire season at once. The contest is most likely to see the backhalf of Season 10 being filmed.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUnknown
        They don't film the entire season at once. The contest is most likely to see the backhalf of Season 10 being filmed.
        when they came back from hiatus on july 31st they started filming the second half of season and they usually finish up sometime in october.
        Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Actually they do. They take a mini hiatus of a few weeks in July and then finish filming the rest of s10 in one go. They're definitely going to be done by Nov 18.

Comment

The mid-season hiatus isn't to allow for the completion of filming -- it's a programming scheme by the cable networks.

In the fall is when the the Broadcast Networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW...) premiere their NEW fall schedule, and the cable channels don't want to compete (as they generally have fewer subscribers than the free audience the Broadcast Networks have, it makes sense not to), and delay the second half of their seasons until after the Christmas/New Year Holidays.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by windy
              Actually they do. They take a mini hiatus of a few weeks in July and then finish filming the rest of s10 in one go. They're definitely going to be done by Nov 18.
              Yes, both SG1 and SGA take several weeks hiatus mid-way through filming a season but they will be finished by mid-October according to the trade magazines.

In checking http://www.collectormaniagmex.co.uk/ the convention is Nov 18-19, 2006.

However, even if by some horrible catastrophe both shows were cancelled, I doubt the sets would be taken down that quickly.

Comment

I could have sworn that Amanda Tapping said somewhere in an interview that they finished filming Season 8 in January or February. I guess I remembered wrong.

Anyways, they'll probably keep the sets up. I'm going to the Creation Con in Vancouver again, and the main attraction is the set visits, so they'll probably keep the sets if they can make money off of it.

Comment

Working...
                X