This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Weakened Baal

I was wondering why Baal was so easily taken in Insider.

Spoiler:
    Even though I know he intended to be taken, still if I was SG1 I would wonder why none of the Baals had that glove / shield device they used to have in the past. It doesn't make sense. That's like their primary weapon as well defense.

First the weakening of the Wraith and now a Go'uald is not much different than a Jaffa. Sad.

i thought it was to show hes isnt a god, but getting more human in personality then ever.

i really dont know how to answer, i mean he planned it all from the start, i think him and his clones went about their day to day life like nothing was happening just waiting for the SG Teams to come, if he put up a fight his clones would of ended up dead or wounded and he wouldnt of had the time to get the database or whatever he needed to help him find the weapon

sorry if that makes no sense

Comment

Personally I think you've answered your own question.

Spoiler:
      He wanted to be captured, if there was too much resistance, or he put up too much of a fight I'm sure he would have known that us Earthlings would have simply just tried to kill him.
      An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
        Personally I think you've answered your own question.

Spoiler:
        He wanted to be captured, if there was too much resistance, or he put up too much of a fight I'm sure he would have known that us Earthlings would have simply just tried to kill him.
        Exactly!! I totally agree.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
          Exactly!! I totally agree.
          Me too! Baal wanted to be caught! He would never be that easy to capture he had it planed from day 1!
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

His "strongholds" weren't really strongholds.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

Otherwise if he put up a fight we would've just nuked the planet

Comment

Correctemundo! No way all those Ba'als would be captured that easily if he didn't want to be. Another reason why SG1 should have seen trouble coming.
                *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

out of curiosity, as clones of Baal, do they necessarily have Naquada in their blood to make the devices to work? The snakes themselves secrete the Naq into their bloodstream - is it just the persona or the snake itself that is cloned?
                  Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

I thought the clones have snakes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                      out of curiosity, as clones of Baal, do they necessarily have Naquada in their blood to make the devices to work? The snakes themselves secrete the Naq into their bloodstream - is it just the persona or the snake itself that is cloned?
                      The symbiotes were cloned as well. That's why there were four samples for two ba'als.
                      Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                      Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                      -Audioslave

Comment

two responses.

One, yes the clones all had snakes in them as well.

Two, any system lord who doesn't have the glove thing should raise anyone's eyebrows. Again, SG fans are willing to accept anything. Let's look at the Goa'uld situation so far. Yes, a majority of them have been beaten and destroyed and many of their Jaffa have defected but as we see with Ba'al they still have Jaffa at their command. And they still have many worlds under their heel. With the Asgard out of action, the Nox non-hostile and Toulan MIA, are you implying that the Tau'ri are the masters of the galaxy now considering we don't even have a fleet of spaceships. Come on people think, although the Ori are coming and the Goauld might just be hiding out, they are still a force to be reckon with. Old system lords die, there are thousands of new ones ready to take their place, with technology still light years ahead of our own which they actually understand. Bottomline is that, this is another plothole by the writers in order to save brainpower. If we all of a sudden start capturing Al Queda people easily and seemingly without weapons, I think our military would question what's up? Don't you.

Comment

I'd like to point out that not all goa'uld have naquadah in their system. Cloned symbiotes and P3X-888 symbiotes hosts don't have naquadah in their blood.

Comment

They need to stop with the baal's man, it is getting boring especially with the fact that there are clones, if baal still had a following of Jaffa and was still powerful after the demise of the Goa'uld and was still getting on SG-1's nerves then it would make it still interesting!
                            I HATE SY-FY

Comment

well really ba'al is the snake, the body is just the host. So they've cloned ba'al and the host really.

Comment

Working...
                              X