This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do aliens really exist?

I know this is probably going to be viewed as a stupid question, but do you really think extraterrestrial life exists? If it does, is it advanced? More advanced than us, or similar to us? What are your thoughts? I don't think that we can be alone out there. Of the sci-fi series and shows I've seen, the ones that show alien planets and life forms that are vastly different from earth-based life are the most interesting.

I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't get into why, but yes there is life out there and it is more advanced than us both technologicaly and emotionaly. I know my spelling is awful LOL
    My website

O'Neill: "Since when has plan A ever worked?" Evolution [part I]

Comment

Originally posted by Faith
      I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't get into why, but yes there is life out there and it is more advanced than us both technologicaly and emotionaly. I know my spelling is awful LOL
      It seems like you know more than you're telling? Are you one? Do you know something?

Comment

Well as the dude in Contact said, "if there's noone else out there, its a whole lot of empty space."

It would be a bit on the naive and arrogant side to suggest that out of hundreds of millions of suitable suns and m class planets, only ONE managed to spawn life.

Or would it?

In the book Natures Destiny, compelling data is presented indicating that the end goal of the universe is to produce humanity.

It is my personal theory that the end goal of the universe is to produce a being capable of creating it. A bit of a temporal paradox, but consistant with current theory. Anyone interested in the complete theory can PM me.

I for one DO believe in extraterrestrial life, intelligent or not.
        [email protected]
        http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
        One nation under dog
        There of which I stand alone
        A face in the crowd
        Unsung, against the mold
        Without a doubt
        Singled out
        The only way I know

Comment

As they said in 'Sphere', in all probability, anything out there would be so different from us that communication would be completely impossible.
          sigpic

Comment

i didn't really like that movie Contact... don't get me wrong, it was okay, just not... great...

i do believe there are aliens. infact, i am one of them myself.

one time i was very hyper and i came up with big conspiracy of aliens being disguised as Xerox machines and planning on taking over the world...

*backs away slowly*
            Last edited by MartoufMarty; 11 August 2004, 10:22 PM.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
              i do believe there are aliens. infact, i am one of them myself.
              Me too. I have been watching you earthlings for about 4 million years now... you guys haven't progressed much.

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Thor
                Me too. I have been watching you earthlings for about 4 million years now... you guys haven't progressed much.
                hehehehe

and who said this thread was gonna sound stupid?

*taser*

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Given the immense size of the universe it feels very presumptious of us to assume that our little rock is the only one to develope life.

There are more stars in the universe then there are grains of sand on all the beaches of this world!!! Surely at least one other star has a planet where life has evolved. It's a matter of statistics. We know that the probability of like being created is greater then zero (or we would not exist), so given the size of the universe the odds of it only happening once are quite small, not impossible but small.

Having said that I do want to make it clear that I don't believe aliens have visited us or any other 'conspiracy' theory. The same immense size of the universe that makes alien life so probable also serves to isolate us from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith
                    I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    I want to believe.

Yeah, I believe that there's intelligent life other than us in the universe. As ibwolf, I also have to stress that I believe in the theoretical possibility. I don't believe they're here.
                    In my experience, most people do believe in the possibility that there's something somewhere out there, it's only very religious people who believe we are God's only creation.

As they haven't paid us a visit yet, I'd say they're either less advanced than/on the same level we are or are too advanced to bother about our backward little planet.

Comment

Originally posted by trinity1013
                      As they haven't paid us a visit yet, I'd say they're either less advanced than/on the same level we are or are too advanced to bother about our backward little planet.
                      Oh, I wouldn't rule out there being a race out there much more advanced then us. It's just a matter of 'needle in a heystack'. The odds of encounter (even assuming they have faster then light travel which is a big assumption) are very small.

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
                        Oh, I wouldn't rule out there being a race out there much more advanced then us. It's just a matter of 'needle in a heystack'. The odds of encounter (even assuming they have faster then light travel which is a big assumption) are very small.
                        Yeah, you're right, there's just too much space in outer space.

And even if they found the needle, i.e. us, there's still the question of whether they'd be more like the Asgard or more like the Goa'uld.

Comment

I heard an interesting theory once, that there is life out there - but no species has ever managed to develope far enough to have interplanetary travel or communication due to them destroying themselves before they managed to do so...

But of course I still like to believe there are aliens called Goa'uld who spread humans all around the galaxy...*grins* Like cattle...

RDA: "I dunno that much about Pete to be honest with you. Apprently he's no threat to O'Neill!"

SAM AND JACK FOREVER

My Sam & Jack Fan Fics

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
                            It is my personal theory that the end goal of the universe is to produce a being capable of creating it. A bit of a temporal paradox, but consistant with current theory. Anyone interested in the complete theory can PM me.

I for one DO believe in extraterrestrial life, intelligent or not.

Fascinating. I too believe that ultimately the universe will give rise to a race of beings that will have the power of gods, the power of creation.

Whether they will be the descendants of humanity, or of another life form. Who knows. God created us humans in his image. No, I would say that humanity created God in our image. The power of creation, the power of God.

One day humanity will learn to sail among the stars. I really wish that I can see that day with my own eyes, the sunrise on a different world, of a different time.

Comment

While I think there probably is some form of non terrestrial life out there in the vastness of space. I do not believe that the aliens would in anyway be interested in our tiny un important planet. Even though we think we are all important LOL. But I am betting if there are aliens they'd be roughly at our level of technology, not all advanced as on TV and in the movies.
                              Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Working...
                              X