This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - Comments about RDA from Michael Shanks

Transcript rom an exclusive video interview, part two, with Michael Shanks, from the MGM UK site. This except is from from Part Two, for SG1 Season 9 Vol. 47 DVD (you need to buy the DVD to get the special code at the web site to download).

(To read the full transcript, please go to the SG1-Spoilergate group:
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate )

Interviewed by Thomasina Gibson.

(The interview is conducted out in the back lot of Bridge Studios, near a freeway over crossing, so there's a lot of background noise. Michael is wearing his green SG-1 BDUs.)

**snippage**

TG: "That's seriously cool. Now, because, as you say, season nine kind of defined a new tone for the show, as has season ten, what's been the biggest change for you, seeing it from day one all the way through?"

MS: "I think, I mean…we…I just think the difference of having Richard
    [Dean Anderson] here, he was such a presence and always has been such
    a presence on the show, having the LACK of him, was something that we
    had to really had to overcome."

"His sense of humor and the way he goes about his work everyday is something that we had to adjust not having. It was always a prevailing attitude around here of, 'Well, you know, we can always fall back on the big guy.' If something's not working, he'd go find a way to make it more interesting than it was and whatever. And we didn't have that, and it was up to us. And that was part of the wonderful challenge for us, was to sort of overcome the missing link. And as much as season nine was a different show
    than the previous eight [seasons], we appreciated the difference."

"It's not the same without Richard, but we wouldn't want it to be. We
    wouldn't want to try duplicating his chemistry, or try to rehash any of the same dynamics that we had that were so unique, and they deserve a special place in the show's history. So having characters that didn't come in to try and replace anybody, that just came in to do a job and find their role and voice on the show. It's on ongoing challenge everyday. Having Richard back [as a guest star] allows us to fall into those old habits, and it's fun to have him around, but we've got to carry on with business as usual for the rest of season nine and season ten."

TG: "That's cool. So what can we look forward to?"

**snippage**

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Very cool and also very interesting.

Thank you, Morjana ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
      Very cool and also very interesting.

Thank you, Morjana ^_^
      You're very welcome!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I'm hazarding a guess that this is the same interview a friend sent me as the beginning is the same, so the conclusion reads....

MS: "Well! Season nine - I think there's more of the same. Amanda comes back in season six, yet another adjustment in our chemistry. Just a little bit harder to turn the corner, after spending five or six episodes establishing this dynamic, and then revert back and finding a different dynamic with Amanda there instead of Claudia, was a whole different rigmarole. We're still finding our
        that dynamic. As I said, the change is always positive, and it's always good to have people that are willing to adapt and adjust, and people that are bringing fresh ideas to the table, I think has been a large part of our show for years. Even when I left the show, there was new people to adjust to. And even now, it's something…every different piece we begin to do introduces a
        whole new batch of possibilities, as long as we keep it that way, not
        putting any negative connotation to it, I think the show can go on
        perpetually."

TG: "Fantastic!"

It was a neat mini inteview. One can hope they'll add ones like these to the US DVDs whenever they come out (October, November, December???)
        Last edited by prion; 07 August 2006, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X