This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll: Mitchell or Sheppard???

Well, first let me say that I don't know how to post an interactive poll with the ability to vote, so I'm hoping the Mod Gods can help me out...

That said...

Who's your favorite and why?

LTCOL Cameron Mitchell

or

LTCOL John Sheppard

on the one hand you have a war hero, and awardee of the medal of honor
    on the other, you have someone who's defied orders, but to rescue members of his team

one's aided in saving the world from alien invasion
    the other's managed to awaken an entire sinister alien race

one's by the book
    the other's more of a rogue

if you ask me, if i had to choose one of the two for my team, i'd pick mitchell in a heartbeat...

but sheppard does have some bonuses over mitchell: natural, near instinctual ATA gene performance... probably genius level mathematics capabilities... more hair gel

your thoughts?
    Lt Colonel Cameron Mitchell
    30.33%
    Lt Colonel John Sheppard
    56.40%
    Both/Neither - elaborate below
    13.27%
    Last edited by IrishPisano; 07 August 2006, 06:19 AM.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Under "Forum Announcements and Help" go to the "Ask the Mods" thread and ask them to set up a poll for you.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Mitchell for sure.

Sybil

Comment

Please, Mitchell is a gung-ho pampered boy who endangers those around him and takes the glory for other people's work. That MOH thing is utter crap, a lot of people got hurt that day, and a lot got killed, they wouldnt have given them all the medal, so why him?

Sheppherd meanwhile is Jack in the making, remember the Siege? He was going out there and wasnt planning on coming back, and he wasnt acting under orders. He goes out there under unbelievable odds because he knows what has to be done, no matter what. Not only this, but in Sateda
        Spoiler:
        he doenst even see Ronan, Teyla, Weir, Beckett or McKay as a team, or collegues, they are his family, and he does anything to bring them back.

Sheppard is not only the better written character IMO, but a better soldier than Mitchell could hope to be.

Oh, and Sheppherd is a Lt.Col as well.
        Last edited by The Signal; 07 August 2006, 06:20 AM.
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Yeah, I was wondering why you still have him a Major... Do you still watch the show? He's been a Lt. Col for a whole season...

SHEPPARD without having to think about it. He's just and honest, caring, funny and smart guy..

I like Mitchell, but he has no chance in hell compared to Shep
          *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Easy! Sheppard for me, everytime. Mitchell is nice, but Sheppard has everything. He's a good tactician, he's smart, his team are family to him, he's a little irreverent, a bit of maverick, has a great sense of humour, and he's just so cool. Add in that he is so damn good looking - and well, for me, he's the perfect scifi hero.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
              Please, Mitchell is a gung-ho pampered boy who endangers those around him and takes the glory for other people's work. That MOH thing is utter crap, a lot of people got hurt that day, and a lot got killed, they wouldnt have given them all the medal, so why him?

Sheppherd meanwhile is Jack in the making, remember the Siege? He was going out there and wasnt planning on coming back, and he wasnt acting under orders. He goes out there under unbelievable odds because he knows what has to be done, no matter what. Not only this, but in Sateda
              Spoiler:
              he doenst even see Ronan, Teyla, Weir, Beckett or McKay as a team, or collegues, they are his family, and he does anything to bring them back.

Shepherd is not only the better written character IMO, but a better soldier than Mitchell could hope to be.

Oh, and Sheppherd is a Lt.Col as well.
              okay, we're not here to discuss the medal of honor and who is given one and who is not

and whats with the MAJ stuff? i know he's a LTCOL

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano
                okay, we're not here to discuss the medal of honor and who is given one and who is not
                You brought it up!

on the one hand you have a war hero, and awardee of the medal of honor
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                  You brought it up!
                  merely pointing out things in favor of him... i just don't want to see this thread turn into a discussion of the MOH like it is now...

Comment

What? Can't I have both?

On a slightly more serious note, as much as I love Shep (he's a complete hero in my book) and think he's great; Mitchell, just shades it for me.

Spoiler:

I admire that he worked hard to recover from the crash in Antarctica to get his dream assignment in SG1, picking himself back up and working to walk again. He tried so hard to get the band back together because he wanted to work with the best. His persistence and determination are admirable as his evident enthusiasm for the job. He's a loyal friend who'll put his life on the line for you. No, he isn't perfect (can be hot-headed, impestuous, and a little too gung-ho) but who is?

Guess I just feel I have to remain loyal to the SG1 boys.
                    sigpic
                    Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                    My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500
                      What? Can't I have both?

On a slightly more serious note, as much as I love Shep (he's a complete hero in my book) and think he's great; Mitchell, just shades it for me.

Spoiler:

I admire that he worked hard to recover from the crash in Antarctica to get his dream assignment in SG1, picking himself back up and working to walk again. He tried so hard to get the band back together because he wanted to work with the best. His persistence and determination are admirable as his evident enthusiasm for the job. He's a loyal friend who'll put his life on the line for you. No, he isn't perfect (can be hot-headed, impestuous, and a little too gung-ho) but who is?

Guess I just feel I have to remain loyal to the SG1 boys.
                      damn skippy!!

Comment

Mitchell for me. He doesn't chase after all the gals like Sheppard does. Bit more class.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Both! Each has his own charm.

It took me some time to accept these characters as they are. Sheppard earlier struck me as a bit too lightweight and yes, I just don't fall for the *blatantly checking out attractive ladies* routine. But he is just sweet and adorkable and intelligent and seems to be (fingers crossed!) less of a victim of bad writing than Mitchell has been.

I was so unhappy in season 9 with Cameron that I'm still in denial about it. For me this character came to life in season 10, when I got over my "mourning period" over Jack O'Neill and John Crichton. I'm really beginning to appreciate Cam.

So, give me both colonels, baby!!

Banner by *E*K*R*

Comment

Let me put my normal caveat in this please

Debate the topic, not each other. Don't argue about who is 'right' and 'wrong'

Likes and dislikes are personal things so they only have to be right for you
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I am an enormous Sheppard fan. He seems to have more... personality isn't quite the right word, but it's the best I can come up with... than Mitchell. IMHO.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Working...
                              X