This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anubis told Baal? Insiders SPOILERS

In Insiders Baal told SG-1 that He have some idea about the Weapon to "destroy" ascended beings because Anubis had told him. But this make no sense, I mean, I greatly doubt Anubis would had told Baal anything like "... and you know, in one of these planets there might be a weapon with wich yoo could destroy ME".

So my Point is, Did I get that wrong? Or if I got it right, How else could Baal Have learned the possible location of the weapon in a planet the does not have the gate-address.

I'm sure Anubis must have thought that the weapon wouldn't work on him since he was only half-ascended. So I guess he thought there was no harm in telling Ba'al.
    "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Yep I agree, maybe it doesn't work on him (or )

Comment

I seriously doubt Anubis would have told Baal about the weapon even if somehow he was immune, and someshow he had acquired knowledge of its existence independently of his ascended knowledge. Both of these being rather large ifs.

Rather the origins of his knowledge is hinted at within the episode itself.

(1) Somehow he acquired sufficient knowledge of the SGC so as to defeat its defenses.
        (2) Mention is made of his previous covert infiltration of earth.
        (3) It is seriously hinted that he managed to brainwash the NID agent (whose name escapes me at the moment.)

I find it reasonable that he learned of Merlin's weapon from he contacts on earth. He did after all pull multiple bluffs throughout the episode.

Comment

Agent Barret.

Just think Barret M82 .50 cal (like the one in my sig) when you see him and you'll probably remember

Comment

Well, Anubis was planning on attacking the Ascended Beings.

It's part of the storyline of the episode "Prototype", which was never fully explained on screen:

Khalek was the first of an Army Anubis planned to build, an army of beings that, when sufficently large in quantity, would all ascend and destroy the ancients, or at least distract them long enough so that Anubis himself could regain normal ascended form, and then wipe them out.

So yes, Anubis was indeed trying to kill the other Ascended Beings, he could've known about the Ori, but they would just be the other bird to die by the same stone.

Comment

It is not Goa'uld like to tell others any information, witch can help other Goa'uld.
              Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                Well, Anubis was planning on attacking the Ascended Beings.

It's part of the storyline of the episode "Prototype", which was never fully explained on screen:

Khalek was the first of an Army Anubis planned to build, an army of beings that, when sufficently large in quantity, would all ascend and destroy the ancients, or at least distract them long enough so that Anubis himself could regain normal ascended form, and then wipe them out.

So yes, Anubis was indeed trying to kill the other Ascended Beings, he could've known about the Ori, but they would just be the other bird to die by the same stone.
                Yeah, it is true.

"An earlier draft of the script for "Prototype" explained just what Anubis's purposes were for Khalek. He was the prototype of an army of warriors called the Mashur (from the Goa'uld word for "mutation," "mashur-nat"), which Anubis hoped to train to ascend and do battle with the Ancients on their own plane of existence and destroy them -- something ultimately cut from the episode."
                http://gateworld.net/sg1/s9/909.shtml
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

mayeb he told him about it cuase he always planned on killing Ba'al anyway when he killed every one with the Dakarra device.

Perfecto!

Comment

Why was Anubis told about the weapon? The Ancient's let him have information about a weapon capable of killing ascended beings, but not about the whereabouts of Atlantis?

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                      Why was Anubis told about the weapon? The Ancient's let him have information about a weapon capable of killing ascended beings, but not about the whereabouts of Atlantis?
                      Well it's not what they let him, it's what he was able to learn before being half-sent.

Anubis being who he is, a weapon was probably the first thing that came to his mind.

Comment

Anubis is a God not like those ancient wannabies... he is uneffected in all ways lol
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

I don't think Anubis told Baal, but he probably got the information from his database, or it's more likely that baal found out b/c he was the head of the trust.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I do not beleive Anubis told Ba'al about the weapon. When the Ba'al clone captured Teal'c, he mentioned no such thing, and was in fact giving the impression that he was racking his brain trying to find out how to defeat them.

If he knew about the device beforehand, he would invest all his energy in finding it. He must have learned about it via the Trust later on.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
                              mayeb he told him about it cuase he always planned on killing Ba'al anyway when he killed every one with the Dakarra device.
                              Seems reasonable to me. Besides, we all know how much Goa'ulds like to gloat about things. I'm sure Anubis went on and on about all his grand plans for the universe.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X