Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do if there is another Supergate?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do if there is another Supergate?

Why don't the Asgard put the next supergate in a time dialation field like they did with the replicators. This would pretty much stop ships as they come through. It has got to be easier than what they did the first one.
    You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

If the replicators can break out of the field what makes you think that the Ori can't?
    "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Not saying they couldn't but it is all about buying time to find Merlin's weapon right?

Comment

Better yet they could just put something in the middle of the gate so a wormhole won't be established.

sigpic

Comment

A Superiris??

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun
            Better yet they could just put something in the middle of the gate so a wormhole won't be established.
            Sure, if they had time to. I'll tell you this though, I'd hate to be one of those involved with putting it in place. If the Ori opened the gate before you were done, it would be adios to you.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

If the Ori build another Supergate, I'm willing to bet they aren't going to be shutting it down next time. Of course, seeing as how they invented the stargate technology in the first place, they probably have a solution to reopen the one they've got.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten
                If the Ori build another Supergate, I'm willing to bet they aren't going to be shutting it down next time.
                Right. They won't make that mistake again.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  Sure, if they had time to. I'll tell you this though, I'd hate to be one of those involved with putting it in place. If the Ori opened the gate before you were done, it would be adios to you.
                  It dosen't have to be too complicated. Just something put in the middle like an asteroid to prevent a wormhole from forming. The reason why we have an iris is to make sure who's coming in and who's not, but with a supergate we just have to block it.

sigpic

Comment

It dosen't have to be too complicated. Just something put in the middle like an asteroid to prevent a wormhole from forming. The reason why we have an iris is to make sure who's coming in and who's not, but with a supergate we just have to block it.
                    Right, but it has to fit perfectly. If not, a wormhole could still be established.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

That could possibly work....until a ship shows up and blows it away with the Ori Beam of Doom (patent pending).

Comment

Anyone think that dialing out is still an option if we catch it in time?

Comment

In 48 Hours - Siler's team had to move the entire Iris a fraction forward; thus you would need to cover the entire internal circle of the Supergate and not just place an Asteroid (or some other bulky thing) in the middle of the gate. Huh?

Right, but it has to fit perfectly. If not, a wormhole could still be established.
                          Yup

Well (if the asteroid idea could work) you could place the the object from behind the supergate - and therefore ure protected from the disintergrating of the kawoosh
                          Last edited by jazz!; 06 August 2006, 12:59 PM.
                          It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ablevins425
                            Anyone think that dialing out is still an option if we catch it in time?
                            Spoiler:
                            It's been established in The Pegasus Project that the supergate is designed only for dialling in, not dialling out.

Originally posted by jazz!
                            Well, if it could work, you could place the asteroid (or whatever) from behind the supergate - and therefore ure protectd from the disintergrating of the kawoosh
                            This may be a stupid question but do we know which side of the gate is the front and which is the back?

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=gkyun]
                              Spoiler:
                              It's been established in The Pegasus Project that the supergate is designed only for dialling in, not dialling out.

I must have missed that part. How do I miss such an important piece of information.

Comment

Working...
                              X