This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hex fans

Are there any other fans of the British television series Hex here? I love that show! Just got season 2 on DVD for my Birthday and it made me remember how much I adored the programme. It's such a pity they're not making any more. Would love to hear from any other fans!

Luce xxx

They're running it on BBC America over here and I absolutely love it.

Thelma's the best!
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Thelma is totally the best part of the show. So funny!!! Are you on Season 1 or Season 2?

Comment

they just finished off season 2 but they're running the seasons back to back, so there's no actual wait tween seasons.

they just had the Ella backstory as the Medenham (i'm sure that's spelled completely wrong) Witch.
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ

Comment

I'm curious as to whether you prefer Ella or Cassie. I think Ellas great personally but I know there are a lot of Cassie fans out there.

Comment

I prefer Ella.

I'm not 100% action driven and Cassie could have been a really great character, but she just reminded me way to much of Rowan from the Anne Rice Witch novels...forget the titles now...the ones wth Lasher...don't know if you've read those.

Anyway, I know Cassie's a teen and I know she had a lot thrust upon her and all that, but I just found the writing of her character made her far too indecisive and I don't think the actor did good job overall either.

At the very least, in a 'buddy movie' type of layout, both buddies should be equal but I really think Thelma overshadowed Cassie at every turn, except perhaps in the last couple eps when they were debating what to do with Cassie's child.

Ella's a bit more of the stereotype 'bad girl/action girl' but the actress succeeds well (to me anyway) and the writers seem to manage her character a bit better as well. Ella's more concerned with getting the job done and doesn't seem to care about Thelma's sexuality, where Cassie just never seemed to get around Thelma's love for her.
            Thanks!
            Jordan

my page
            My LJ

Comment

It's so awesome to come across another Ella fan. I think that she's so much better written than Cassie. She has spirit and independence and strength while also being vulnerable and mysterious. She has a really good backstory too and the actress who played her was really great. I prefer Ella and Thelmas friendship to Cassie and Thelmas. Cassie seemed to use her a bit.

Comment

Hello! Totally caught up in the Hex Hype during the past summer while watching BBC America. I absolutely love it. The only disappointments are: 1) Cassie's departure from the show, and 2) loss of focus on the McBain heritage that they were builiding up in season (series) one.

There's only us,
                There's only this
                Forget regret, or life is yours to miss
                No other road,
                No other way
                No day but today...

Comment

It's always good to see another Hex fan. Cassies departure was definately very sad

Comment

Yup. Right now, BBCA stopped at the episode where Ella starts going cuckoo over her witch trials. It's not gonna finish until next summer. So right now, I'm having a little Hex withdrawal.

There's only us,
                    There's only this
                    No other road,
                    No other way
                    No day but today...

Comment

No way! That is soooooooo rubbish! I can't believe you have to wait that long! those Ella going nuts episodes were so good. I thought the acting in them was amazing!

Comment

Ugh, I'm just gonna have to take your word for it. I'm kinda glad I have to wait until next summer. Getting BBC America in my dorm room cable costs extra.

There's only us,
                        There's only this
                        No other road,
                        No other way
                        No day but today...

Comment

Originally posted by KillerMercury
                          Yup. Right now, BBCA stopped at the episode where Ella starts going cuckoo over her witch trials. It's not gonna finish until next summer. So right now, I'm having a little Hex withdrawal.
                          Gah!

I was wondering why it wasn't on last week.

Didn't know it was going to be delayed until next summer!!!!
                          Thanks!
                          Jordan

my page
                          My LJ

Comment

Yeah...When I saw the little preview and it said "Coming back in 2007" I yelled at my TV and started throwing stuff at it.

There's only us,
                            There's only this
                            No other road,
                            No other way
                            No day but today...

Comment

For me the series kind of lost it in the middle of Season 2, and I wasn't a big fan of Ella, it wasnt really until the last couple of episodes that I was hooked again. Too bad there isnt going to be a season 3, because with the way S2 ended, it would have been great!
                              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Working...
                              X