What episodes feature the scenes
    where you feel that
    Amanda Tapping's
    wonderful acting talents
    get to shine?

(without reference or consideration
    for hair or clothing styles...
    or ship or such... )

Please note that you can vote for several episodes when you cast your ballot,
    but once you hit submit, it won't let you come back and vote again.

You can vote in the poll, and then post your comments in this thread.
    Comments and discussion may also overlap into the Sam's A Great Character Thread.

Pics that capture your favorite AT acting scene are greatly appreciated too!
    (A picture is worth a thousand words...)

If you want a reminder of what each episode was about... Season 9 Episode Summaries

The Poll

-------

Over the years, we've discussed which episodes (and scenes) were the best, or most important, for the Stargate characters. We've run 'Best Episode' Polls for each season and such.

However, when trying to decide which episode was the best of a season for a certain character, such as Sam, one of the issues that fans have wrestled with is... whether to pick the episode which features the most/best AT on screen, or the episode which features the best Sam Carter scenes. Examples include Entity (which had some wonderful AT acting scenes, but she wasn't playing Sam Carter, as much as she was playing/acting an alien entity). Another example would be an episode with lots of RepliCarter, or Geek!Sam, where again, these are wonderful AT acting scenes, a wonderful look at AT acting out-of-the-regular-confines of the character of 'our' Sam Carter.

So, we've already done the 'Best Sam Carter' Episodes of each season (polls were done last year on the GW forum, and informal polls were also conducted again recently on the Sam's A Great Character Thread), and many have recommended that we should do some 'Best AT Acting Polls'... so here we go

The Poll

---------

Results of Season 8 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 7 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 6 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 5 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 4 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 3 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 2 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 1 Poll + posted comments
    Beachhead
    8.55%
    Ex Deus Machina
    6.58%
    Babylon
    0.00%
    Prototype
    1.32%
    The Fourth Horseman, Parts 1 & 2
    10.53%
    Collateral Damage
    1.32%
    Ripple Effect
    21.05%
    Stronghold
    2.63%
    Ethon
    7.89%
    Off the Grid
    8.55%
    The Scourge
    13.16%
    Arthur's Mantle
    7.24%
    Crusade
    1.97%
    Camelot
    9.21%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by astrogeologist; 19 August 2006, 01:35 PM.

I really liked her in Beachhead and The Fourth Horseman. Good job on her part right there.

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

It was a fairly "Sam-Lite" season wasn't it? She was more of a... supporting character. Mitchell and Daniel got a lot of the work. Probably apart from The Fourth Horseman...

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

This was the hardest coz I haven't seen much of season 9 as they've only just started showing it here...I just watched Ex Deus Machina.
        So I voted for the ones I have heard great reviews about...not many of them so I only chose two...
        Spoiler:
        Ex Deus Machina coz I love the way she told Barrett that she wasn't exactly single...leaving me to believe she and Jack were seeing each other!! And I chose Ripple Effect...I've read a lot about this ep and although I haven't seen it yet, I think any ep where Amanda has to play multiple characters/Sam's, has got to be a good ep!!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

AH! With all the '200' excitement, I forgot to vote! But I guess I can still put my two cents in.

Spoiler:
          Beach Head: AT came back with as much beauty and grace as ever! I was so glad to see her again.
          The Fourth Horseman 1&2: Working with Orlin. It must have been interesting to play this part. She'd known him as an adult, then for him to come back in that form... AT played it just right.
          Ripple Effect: All the different Carters...that was too cool! I bet AT had fun with that. Also, the scenes with Janet and Martouf.
          The Scourge: Telling the stuffy people just how it was. I like 'No Crap Carter'. AT is so great at showing us a strong Sam. (((AT)))
          Arthur’s Mantle: The poking was just cute. *Poke* She and MS have that brother/sister vibe going.
          Camelot: Her having to be right there seeing the super gate kawoosh...she conveyed the horror of it pretty well.

Comment

Didnt get a chance to vote but I would think ripple effect, she got reunited with martuf!
            Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

Working...
            X