This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A worrying trend?

Back when Dean Anderson wanted to cut down, they not only started to make all these contrived stories to get him out of the stories in a "plausible" way, but also split the team up all the time - presumably to try and "hide" he wasn't so much there.

Well, it seems to me someone has been thinking "we have 5 main people but there can only be 4 on the team so we have to find ways of splitting them up" - I seriously hope that is not the case, because this is already annoying. Have them all 5 there, even if one says a little less in different episodes.

I assume you're talking about Michael Shanks' absence. They came up with a plausible explination for Jackson's absence, IMO, and that episode didn't require his presence for what happened in it. IIRC, Shanks was out this episode, and the next, because his wife was having a baby around the time the episodes were filmed.

Reportedly, he'll be out for two more in the latter half of the season. Leading up to 'The Shroud', I assume.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
      I assume you're talking about Michael Shanks' absence. They came up with a plausible explination for Jackson's absence, IMO, and that episode didn't require his presence for what happened in it. IIRC, Shanks was out this episode, and the next, because his wife was having a baby around the time the episodes were filmed.

Reportedly, he'll be out for two more in the latter half of the season. Leading up to 'The Shroud', I assume.
      Exactly! I think they explained Daniel's absence in "Insiders" quite well. If I had just had a new baby, I'd take some time off too. Good for MS showing what his priorities are.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
        Exactly! I think they explained Daniel's absence in "Insiders" quite well. If I had just had a new baby, I'd take some time off too. Good for MS showing what his priorities are.
        Yes definatly. They eplained his absence well and the episode was fine without him IMHO, and this is not the first time MS has been out of an episode that turned out great. "A Matter of Time" is one of my favorites.
        Insiders was a great episode and i am looking forward to Univited as well.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Ah I wondered why Lexa Doig wasn't the doctor in the episdoe lol.

Comment

Yeah definently more important to spend time with your wife and baby than pleasing us rabid fans (or at least some rabid).
            I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor
              Ah I wondered why Lexa Doig wasn't the doctor in the episdoe lol.

If you notice she hasn't appeared since Ripple Effect, due to being preggers.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
                If you notice she hasn't appeared since Ripple Effect, due to being preggers.
                Hopefully she'll be back onscreen by the second half of this season.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Hopefully she'll be back onscreen by the second half of this season.

I hope so too, and I think she will cuase the mentioned her in Morpheous

Perfecto!

Comment

Coming after any other episode the reason for Daniel`s absence might not have worked so well. But straight after Pegasus Project and with the renewed feeling of 'we are on our own' it seemed very appropriate.
                    And as has already been said, the episode didn`t really require him. With DJ out it gave Vala a bit more screen time and let us get to know that character a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1
                      Coming after any other episode the reason for Daniel`s absence might not have worked so well. But straight after Pegasus Project and with the renewed feeling of 'we are on our own' it seemed very appropriate.
                      And as has already been said, the episode didn`t really require him. With DJ out it gave Vala a bit more screen time and let us get to know that character a bit.
                      Plus she got a chance to bond with the rest of the team which works out pretty well IMO.
                      "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

hes got another kid, leave him alone... 15 out of 20 aint bad, tapping did the same thing... and guess what she's still on the show..
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

It's actually 16/20.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                            It's actually 16/20.
                            And those four that he's absent from aren't all clumped together, like when Amanda took five episodes off. They're spread out over the season so that his absence isn't as noticable.

Comment

Right. We're in the midst of our first little break without Danny, and we'll have another 2-ep absence in the second half of the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X